Sorry to be such a null-head :(

O

old.TheMule

Help!

I am a lvl 11 Healer, who wanders the land raising the good peeps of Midgard from the dead. I also do a fair bit of dying myself!

Everyone else seems to be able to make thing like weapon/armour etc. I can not work out how to do this :(

If anyone else is a healer, could they let me know if it is possible to make armour as a healer. And a quick idea of how to do this would be greatfully appreicated.

Thx for any help submitted! And remember before you start flaming me, I may be walking past your corpse in Nisses soon...... :)

W

WPKenny

I seem to recall it is possible for healers in midgard to make armour.

Although I'm yet to look into it fully because my healer is only level 9 right now and I just wanna heal peeps and get to that magic level 10. :)

So, if anyone can answer HOW you start making armour (ie, who to go talk to) then that'd be two people who'd be very appreciative.

S

Sar

You can only make stuff you can wear, so if you can't wear chain, or use hammers for example, then you can't make them.

I've just started both my characters (Lvl10 Shadowblade & Lvl6 Thane) as weaponsmiths so I can make my own weapons & to a lesser extent, armour.

You pick a primary tradeskill (from Weaponsmithing, Armoury, Tailoring & Fletching) and you can learn it to 100%. Two other tradeskills are learnable to 75% with the fourth learnable to 40%.

W

WPKenny

Where do we go to start off on this crafting path? Do we need to talk to someone first?

S

Sar

Yup.

Go to Jordheim (or Camelot in Albion and Tir-na-nog in Hib) and seek out the Masters of the various tradeskills there. In Jordheim the Weaponsmith and Armoury Masters are in a small hut facing the smithys forge up in front of the Guild Registrars hall - just after you get up the hill from the marketplace and to the right. They're in a small room by themselves.

Once you join their order you get a shitload of new learnable skills - all the ones necessary for learning both your primary trade skill and the lesser secondary skills as well.

O

old.TheMule

Thx

Okay, its lunchtime. I am going to go home and try this! Watch for a results post soon:clap:

W

WPKenny

I'm full of questions now. :)
I can't put into practice any of this stuff till I get home from work.

So do I need to spend my exp points on these skills or are they independant? And do I need to put a hell of a lot more stuff in my quickbar?

T

[TNN]Aardvark

I'm pretty sure you can make stuff you can't wear, as my cleric can make plate armour. Don't quote me on that tho :)

P

Pfy

Originally posted by WPKenny
I'm full of questions now. :)
I can't put into practice any of this stuff till I get home from work.

So do I need to spend my exp points on these skills or are they independant? And do I need to put a hell of a lot more stuff in my quickbar?

When you make something succesfully your skill points increase, unfortunately by one at a time. This also includes the skills that are encompassed in the item, eg. when u make bronze studs for some studded gauntlets, ur metal working increases.

S

Sar

Originally posted by [TNN]Aardvark
I'm pretty sure you can make stuff you can't wear, as my cleric can make plate armour. Don't quote me on that tho :)

I think, THINK now, that Clerics can actually wear plate armour, but when they do so all their magic is disabled - that's how it works in AD&D anyway.

T

[TNN]Aardvark

Nope, clerics can't wear plate, and yes, you can craft anything, wearable or not.

S

Sar

Heh, fair enough. It does work that way in AD&D as I said, but as long as you can make anything then that's fine by me, means I can make all sorts of weapons and sell them :D

S

Summo

Making stuff in DAoC seems overly complicated, time-consuming and with a bizarre interface, but then I've only dabbled in it at a basic level.

I'm gonna give it another try as someone I know earned 4-5gold doing trade tasks. I want some o' them apples.

P

Pfy

Heh, to be honest the trade skills are both boring and expensive to lvl ...

S

Sar

You can only make stuff you can wear, so if you can't wear chain, or use hammers for example, then you can't make them.

Teaches me to read the bloody manual :p

Cos that's what it says there - did this change in a patch or is the manual just wrong?

W

Wij

"FASHUNING" YER 0WN WEPAON IN TEH "MANUEL" WH3Y IS ALWAS WRONGG !!!!!!11

YUO WIL GOH BLIEND !!!¬

W

WPKenny

I joined a crafting thingy last night. Far too many things to consider.

I might get around to making stuff but it all seems a bit poo right now and over complicated with v little advice given.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom