Sorcs 'n' Mincers

S

sieben_dapoet

Lo all,

just a quick question,

can sorcs at higher lvls or mincers charm pets of a higher lvl then them ?

i.e. can a sorc / mincer charm a ora/red con mob ?

cheers and happy hunting

Sieben

C

chimaira

Hi there

Mincer has ability to Charm mobs higher lvl than themselves.

as for sorc they can not go higher than their own lvl

When we get the new patch. sorc will be able to Charm any creature.

Dunno if that will go for minstrel to. but I dont think so.

Happy hunting

K

kameh

I'm probably wrong saying this but I dont think sorcerers will be able to charm the undead, I Think they finally get to charm the same mobs as the Minstrel up to the sorcerers level.

T

Tenko

yeah, mini's can charm higher level cons but you need to have good instruments and pretty much max skill to have a chance :)

B

beck-uk

I'm pretty sure Sorcs will be able to charm ANY mob upto their level bar most named ones.

That includes the undead. ;)

Beck Beastly

S

sieben_dapoet

i always thought sorcs should be able to charm better mobs then mincers since having a pet is really their "bread n butter" as mythic would say,

seems a bit unfair to allow mincers to charm higher con mobs and not sorcs :(

anyone know why this is ? i mean a sorc can have a same lvl pet, some minor nukes {which arent that great} and a mezz,

it seems the mincer has near enuf all the above and also speed, songs, armour, etc...

ohh well never mind

K

kameh

Play a minstrel and you'll see why :) We solo but remember our pet is constantly trying to break it's tame and attack us.. like the idea of being beaten to death by your own pet? :D

Both classes are getting a well needed help in the next patch. :clap:

B

beck-uk

Aye, not to mention the fact that sorc pet is a cast once and have forever kind of pet rather than a constantly breaking charm and then having to twist songs to get speed and mezz etc.

Believe me, playing a minstrel has given me RSI I'm sure of it! :(

Beck Beastly

S

sieben_dapoet

Originally posted by kameh
like the idea of being beaten to death by your own pet? :D
:clap:

ack :/ now you mention it i do see my mincer friends pet try to kill him now and again... must keep you are on your toes though ;)

and point taken re. the new loving in 1.60 specially bolt range mezz :)

happy hunting and thanks all for your responses

N

-Nxs-

Try charming a L1 mob with your L50 mins... even he breaks the charm now and then.

Mins pets are VERY unreliable, charm is really just there to help groups in a tricky situation.

Sorcs can charm any mobs in the next patch, even undead (certain event/quest mobs cant be charmed tho)

O

old.Stang

With a green con flute and 44 in instruments i can charm a lvl 54 mob, but its hard to keep contol over it, actualy its very risky ;)

S

sieben_dapoet

i think "Belgarath Dasorcerer" will be lvling in an area near you soon.. keep an eye out and /bow to the 7000 year old man :)

D

Danya

Flute con is not relevant, it's purely done on your instruments skill. I prefer to use s+s while charming so I can melee with my pet. Best I've held and used is a level 57 frost stallion in Odin's, was a bit "wayward" though. Nothing like having your pet pbae you. :p

Also, something sorcs would never see:
brownie.jpg

Fear brownies. :p

O

old.windforce

charmed a level 59 horse in odins,
not very stable though

50+12 instruments

O

old.TeaSpoon

Beck posted some nice screenies of him with a Bone Snapper on our guild site....excuse me while I go find them....

with any luck you can see it:

here

If you click to the next photo you can see the Caillache Guard he charmed too :)

B

beck-uk

[Disclaimer] Those high lvl mobs I charmed were NOT usable in pve or rvr due to turning on me even whilst spamming charm.

I just charmed em to prove that I could after someone didnt believe that I had charmed a lvl69 Guard in Lyon. ;)

I would say that the highest lvl mob I have used in actual rvr is a mind worm in emain which was lvl59. Very hard to control at that lvl but is possible without too much spamming and they are quite usefull due to their stuns and general hard hitting. :)

That said, they are not my first choice and normally only use em to throw at the mmg during a stand off. ;)

Beck Beastly

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom