Sorceror or Minstrel?

S

swords

you need both in any decent rvr group setup.
so neither imo

E

Ekydus

Yes, but Albion is in short supply with Sorcerers.

H

Hit ^_^

if you considering your self a dencend player who know how the game works and how to play id say go for sorc. its hard and you die allot and often as soon as you cast your first mezz wich dont realy give you any rps.

minstrels on the other hand is needed in rvr but there are quite allot of more or less "skilled" ones around so not as needed as sorcs.

L

Loth

I have both, the Sorc was my first toon.

Personally I much prefer the Minstrel and he is now my main. Sorcs are a great class but dying all the time gets to you after a while :)

I keep meaning to bring my Sorc out for an RvR run as they are in short supply, but so far my Minst wins every time.

A

Arnor

Originally posted by hobo_biguns
Witch do you need more of in endgame rvr?

thanks.

infil is really what they need more of tbh

V

vintervargen

Re: Re: Sorceror or Minstrel?

Originally posted by Arnor
infil is really what they need more of tbh

or one of those clerics at atk, ask them what spec they have, ive heard its gr8 mate!

T

Trubble

Or make an earth theurgist... albion needs pbt.

(p.s. dont take this post seriously... earth theurgist are uber boring. ;) )

O

old.Wildfire

sorc if you think yer good - if ur not ur just a waste of a space in the group

O

old.m0000

if you're going to make a sorcerer, you need to at least know how to spell it.

L

Loth

Originally posted by old.Wildfire
sorc if you think yer good - if ur not ur just a waste of a space in the group

kinda arrogant response IMO, try running in a random pickup group instead of a dedicated guild group and you'll see the life of a Sorc is not an easy one.

O

old.Wildfire

Or u could get ur thumb out of ur ass, do some work and get a decent group together.

E

Ekydus

Nobody's life is a fucking easy one if you run in a shit group full of retards who just /stick the first thing they see and they disband when they get killed.

Get a group of players together and have fun, know what your role is and don't moan when things go wrong. Believe me it's much better then P/U groups...

O

old.linnet

Originally posted by Loth
I have both, the Sorc was my first toon.

Personally I much prefer the Minstrel and he is now my main. Sorcs are a great class but dying all the time gets to you after a while :)

I keep meaning to bring my Sorc out for an RvR run as they are in short supply, but so far my Minst wins every time.

I have both, the minstrel was my first toon.

Personally, I much prefer the sorcerer, minstrels are a good class but you will get frustrated at how stupid the interface is, how difficult it is for you to use all your abilities at once, and how little you add to an RvR (or PvE) group compared to a good sorcerer. Go with a minstrel if you want to do a lot of things, but none of them very well, or if you like having to work very hard to use your most fun abilities.

imo, sorcerer is a much more finished and fun to play class. Yes, they die a lot, but that is a general caster problem. Don't pick an Avalonian ;)

(My best bet for sorcerer survival is to run in the same group as an Avalonian caster, they will get picked off first every time while you run around mezzing and rooting stuff.)

K

Karlo

Sorc is uber fun, but as wildfire etc haave stated, its not easier, im slowly getting used to it now.

Ive found even a touch of lag can fuck you up.

H

hobo_biguns

okay, Im used to playing casters. I know the drill, wouldnt be a problem.

BUT

Is there even a remote shortage of minstrels in rvr? Are there some days that you just cant find a minstrel? I know bards are a pain in the arse to get a hold of (or were anyhow).

I cant stand to run a group w out speed 5. !

S

shuko

quite alot of minstrels, not many sorcs (good ones anyway..) tbh. Personally i would roll sorc as i think its more fun to play but at the end of the day choose whatever char u find most appealing.

O

old.Wildfire

firstly, u gotta play a class u find fun - if u dont u'll get RR2 then get bored

Secondly, a sorc who isnt good at what they do (a driver with good situational awareness, class identification skills and teamwork - rare to find two, let alone three in the same person) is a complete waste of a space in a group. An ineffective minstrel can run around bashing stuff for a while, take some hits, get healed, and generally be a tank. A sorc who doesn't do their job right straight off the bat is dead. As is their group.

edit: oh and they have to be focussed on getting the group RPs, not themselves

H

hobo_biguns

ok, if you say minstrels are plentyfull in endgame rvr. (just does not seem that way on duskwave.com to me)

then Im gonna trust you.

Prolly making my sorc tomorrow :)

K

Karlo

Originally posted by hobo_biguns
ok, if you say minstrels are plentyfull in endgame rvr. (just does not seem that way on duskwave.com to me)

then Im gonna trust you.

Prolly making my sorc tomorrow :)

you seen quite ittend on making a mincer from your posts mate, perhaps you should do that.

Trust me, sorc is no picnic, although its very rewarding when you do get some uber mez off :p

S

samildanachh

an alb grp can get along without a mincer, just about, without a sorc u r totally gimped basically.
sorc is easily more important.

W

Waok

Don't make a new char just beacuse someone recommends it, or the class is in need for RvR, it may be increadibly boring for you and you may not like it at all.

The advice here is good, dont get me wrong.

But the majority of more experinced players who have posted, have said sorc is hard, and a complicated class to play, you die lots aswell, although alb needs them, doesnt nessasarily mean you have to make one.

Casters imo are 10x harder than tanks to play, if you are relatively new to the game, I wouldnt try sorc myself yet, cos its bloody hard from what ive seen, and im not that experienced to play a caster, i prefer tanks as they are easier to play.

I think there is a heavy demand for tanks aswell, I think paladins are alot of fun to play, im only lvl 23, but im finding it alot more fun than my reaver.

It's your decision mate, don't make a class cos someone tells you to, enjoy the game, and play it the way you want to.

L

leoric

:?

While on the subject (Kinda) of sorc, Would it be ae mezz role with a full charm spec sorc? And what other things need can be carried out in a group? Thanks

O

old.Wildfire

44 mind 31 body

1) AE mezz (+ remezz to cover against resists)
2) sic pet on a healer or caster
3) ae str/con debuff
4) single-target root anyone who purges
5) AE root any groups (4+) of tanks on any of your group
6) debuff, nuke, or sic healers or casters to interrupt
7) AE amnesia any PBAE casters
8) stay alive

Also make sure you're running antimezz and every magic-user in the group has your power regen at all times. Melee enemy casters if necessary to put interrupts on them.

L

leoric

Too kind ;), Is the 44 mind 31 body probably best rvr spec there is? And can you help me on RA,s when they become trainable for me ;)

O

old.Wildfire

1L3 - MCL 1
2L3 - Purge
2L4 - Augmented Acuity 1
2L7 - Augmented Acuity 2
3L3 - Augmented Acuity 3
3L4 - Mastery of The Art 1
3L7 - Mastery of The Art 2
4L3 - Mastery of The Art 3
4L4 - Serenity 1
4L5 - Avoidance of Magic 1
4L8 - Avoidance of Magic 2
5L4 - Avoidance of Magic 3

After that I guess its up to you but I'd consider those the 'essential' sorc RAs. Serenity isn't so essential but I could see the difference easily going from Wildfire to Ptora so I got it after I'd got MOTA 3. Good RA imo.

C

crokro

I say Sorcerors because there pow crack dont go then in a fight but if a mincer starting fighting it stops they have better mezz and better dd's.

but u do need a mincer in a RvR grp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom