Sorceress needs help

D

-Dreama-

Ok, I have a question about my debuffs that guild couldn't answer. When I cast a debuff I get a few different msgs

1)You begin to cast <name of debuff>
You cast <name of debuff>
XXXX seems weeker<or related effect>

2)You begin to cast <debuff>
you cast <debuff>
XXXX resists that effect

3)You begin to cast <debuff>
You cast <debuff>

ok, now #1 I know the debuff connected, #2 I know it was reisted, #3 as there is no success/fail msg I have no idea if the debuff hit or missed, so, does anyone know?

T

tilde

#3 occurs to me when im casting it at far distance. if u dont get any msg then it stacked

F

Flimgoblin

the difference between 1 and 3 is that you're too far away to see the effect message..

The spell has range 1500... if it's resisted yer told :)

If it hits whilst the monster is outside /say range or some other range <1500 you'll not hear the 'Blah looks weaker' message...

else everyone would get spammed by all the debuff messages

O

old.chesnor

I think this is because there is a range where you will get feedback as to whether the spell landed or was resisted. This range is smaller than the range of your debuffs. This only applies to spells that don't cause damage, and is really annoying.

O

old.Iskander

3) is just that you are out of range to see the effect message.

If it is resisted you do get told I think, so if you see nothing it is ok :)

F

Flimgoblin

To clarify:

The effect message (Blah looks weaker) goes to everyone within /say distance of the monster.

Unlike damage spells which only tell you the damage, noone else sees that (well except for the victim).

The resist message is like a damage message - i.e. goes only to the caster :)

O

old.Akirai

Like drops i guess, if your too far away you wont see whats dropped.

D

-Dreama-

Thanks guys....now I feel like an idot cuz that's about as obviouse as you can get!

Well, at least I know I don't suck as bad as I thought I did, most of those debuffs landed :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom