Sorcerer

E

Esoteric

You're opinions please esp those that actually play one.

Are they gonna get any lovin any time soon.

(there is a method to me asking these crazy questions)

Wic

O

old.chesnor

This will turn into another whine thread hehe :)

Pros. Very good PvE class. Can solo very well, and are a very good addition to any mid-high level group. At low levels, with run buff and yellow cons pet, kill tasking is a breeze, and most sorcs should be able to routinely kill orange cons.

Cons. Finding decent pets is a royal pain in the arse. Allegedly poor in RvR because of the paper armour vulnerability, as CC classes will generally get mowed down first. This is a popular view, although in reality I think its down to the group to protect the CCer by any means necessary when RvRing. But sorcs clearly have a big disadvantage over almost all other casters in RvR because they have comparably poor dmg output. That tied to the fact they mezz means most wised up enemies will go for the sorc first.

I think a fundamental mistake alot of sorcs make is race choice, and stat bonues. A briton is clearly a better choice than an Avalonian, as hp is more useful in RvR than int. When sorcs are doing what they do best in RvR (mezzing) having a huge power pool or massive intelligence doesn't count for much. Concentrate on cons/hits items and then maybe, just maybe you can survive for a few seconds more. Those few seconds = qc mezz, and can clearly turn the tide.

A

Adri

bonuses from race is not really noticable
britons a few more hps
saras bit more dex
avas bit more int/power

whatever takes your fancy - personal choice really

however being a short saracen in a vest dyed black might be an advantage in rvr over an avalonian

but chesnor is right - hps is need at 50 for rvr - invest in all those lovely DF diamond item equipment
your dex and int should be close to capping at 50 from your epic armour

I constantly read the sorc boards where the sorc team leader regularly posts and there are no signs of loving in any form for the sorc.

Just nerf nerf nerfs

heres the link for the forum if you want a read

http://forums.crgaming.com/daocbb/viewforum.php?f=21

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom