Sorcerer Tactic

T

talen_sun

OK, this may be a bad idea, due to loss of xp, but, just wondering if anyone has tried this...

Get to an area where there are plently of charmable pets.

Charm one, get it into a fight with a purple. Once the fight starts, release the pet. Charm another, set it on the purple, release it. Charm another, set it on the purple.

Thus, you kill a purple with a pet, and gain a fair whack of xp.

Will the released pets that live, then aggro you or go back to wandering around lost?

Will they leech ALL of the xp, thus not making it worthwhile?

Anyone tried this and have results? I was thinking of giving it a try, and see what happens, but if others have done this, i'll like to see what the results are... see if it's worth it or not...

Just an idea...

S

Sharp Thing

the pet stops fighting the mob as soon as you release it, then the mob comes after you tho :eek: (pretty sure this is what happends)

T

talen_sun

Never happened to me, my main tactic is if my pet is taking a battering, release it, charm another, usually by that point, the first pet is dead anyway, and the second pet takes the aggro.

Mind, if you cast onto the mob (debuffs, DoT etc) the new pet won't pull the aggro off you. So long as you have cast at the mob, the new pet can take it.

I;'ve just never tried releasing the pet at the start of the fight... i've only ever done it, once i know my pet is a goner...

O

old.Fangrim

The released pet keeps fighting untill it's a) dead or B) it kills the other mob.

S

-Steph-

Hmmm weird as soon as i release my pet it always goes for me!

But then again i got crappie minstrel mezz :)

H

hotrat

Usually if your pet dies (or in minstrel case if we lose charm) all the aggro the pet did to the mob is transfered to the owner of the pet.

Maybe releasing it means you don't get aggro, however best xp for sorc is baf yellow con mobs, for gruop bonus. Killing a purple won't get you any more xp than killing a red, and thats only a bit more than killing an orange.

A

Apathy

Yeah, leave purples alone. I solo yellow/orange moorlichs or Danoins with a telamon easily and get much better exp than if I do reds.

Less downtime too.

Using a series of pets is just silly. Play your class properly and don't rely solely on pets. Stick to yellows.

a.

D

Danya

Reds get you no more than high oranges actually. They're pretty pointless and purples are just silly.

T

talen_sun

It was only an idea.... sorry....

jesus h.

you try to ask a reasonable question... but then i should have expected answers like i got...it is BW after all...

H

hotrat

good questions and good answers in my opinion :rolleyes:

Its always nice to solo a hard mob, like a Great Brown Drake or a caileach guard, i reckon a caileach guard would be possible if you charm a few woodeworms :) I tried it with one worm and got her down to about 60%, my theurg gets her down to about 50% as well. Me caba almost 50, i expect she will own caileach easy :p

N

nanorch

best xp for 45+ Sorc is tanglers.....

1 x 34+ Mind Sorc + Telamon
1 x 45+ Tank
1 x 45+ Cleric

pull, mez, tank/body spec nuke/smite, remezz, tank/body spec nuke/smite, remezz, same again but very short period mez now where Sorc chooses to:

a. root each or continue nuke if only a few (3-4) left
b. confuse a few if 5 + taking aggro away from group when they lose mez
c. hit each gobo with telamon once to take aggro and have cleric heal him
d. run :)

MCL is real handy too.

This is good for regular tangler pulls 8-12.
As you level up you can use the telamon to pull the whole camp, trees or beach, and keel them all. Solo too if you want but a cleric is always handy for company! and insta aoe stun thingy for when the little basas get too close after you cant mez/root em anymore.

with 3 ppl in group xp should average about 100m per pull,2 in group 120-140m and solo, well, its shocking :)

bout the only thing Sorcs are good for now, pity ppl cant roll a pygmy goblin class and rvr in Lyonesse ;)

muhahahaha

A

Aurelius A

In regards to Hotrats post about soloing caellich guards with a woodworm dont think its possible as last i looked thought they were orange con at lvl 50 (could be completely wrong as been a long time since done twees).

A sorc can solo caellich guards just use a pet to take aggro then confuse it and nuke to death, yes uses a fair bit of power and may have to chase the mob a bit but quite easy really i used to do quite regular when bored and drop hunting.

B

Bilf

I think Hotrats was talking about C Guards from a mincer perspective.

F

fl-gorre

why purps if u got tangz
get a buffbot or invite a good cleric in ur group
as soon as u get ur first ae root let teh buffs help ya up to 47 and from then on ur able to solo aqua
49-> tree or beach pullz
it just needs a well designed gb and save ur qc up as long as posible and ur setlled
marco pet attack let em hit first body nuke nuke nuke dead newt target
if u use ur rootin and mezzin wisely u got 2-3minuts before ull need to decide to run

a good alternative is a theu for teh cleric
more concentrated pullz and pet hp full before he gets intoo a fight

anyway i know i always did or tried to do
sorces got teh fastest path of plvlin theirselves so why not take an infi or scout along in grp or teh scout leechin
our realm needs em badly :)

gettin 0.12bubs a pull at 49 just aint fair for other chars lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom