Sorcerer Spec

Marty

Fledgling Freddie
Hi, can anyone recommend a good Sorcerer spec, Im currently mind specced, only mid 30's but am wondering on what the best spec is going to be for grouping etc in the end game.

Cheers for any advice

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
My Sorc is 44 Mind/31 body because I see my primary function as stopping the enemy doing it's thing and the extra radius and duration on mezz is handy for that. Still gives me an aoe root for tight spots and a 600+ cap on my Life taps :)

Killswitch

FH is my second home
I run 40body/36mind which is a good solo spec. Gives okay damage and yellow AOE Mezz AND Root. If you run RvR regularly then 44mind/31body might be a more "group-friendly" spec.

Legaen

One of Freddy's beloved
If I respecced I would go 44 mind 31 body, atm i'm currently 40 body 36 mind.

Adrianicus

Loyal Freddie
Absolutely no point going 40body 36mind now they've introduced group crack at 37mind.

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
37m/39b
44m/31b
24+m/45+b

that is the only good specs for a sorc

but it depend on how u play, and how u wanna play, some use the AE root a lot some use AE mezz only to interupt, but there are good things about all 3 specs

first is like a all round spec, yellow AE root and mezz(and debuffs), and with some + skills there is no variance on nukes

2nd is really nice if u'r always main mezzer because of the extra area on the AE mezz.

3 is nuker spec :p and debuffer for wizzes :) u will only have blue AE mezz, and still the yellow AE root.

so in other words it is a matter of what u wanna "do" in RvR :p ofc u will be mezzer offen as a sorc, so one of the first 2 specs might be best unless u always run with 2 sorcs then 1 high body and 1 high mind is nice duo to 2* red AE debuffs and so on.

snopy

Fledgling Freddie
Marty said:
Hi, can anyone recommend a good Sorcerer spec, Im currently mind specced, only mid 30's but am wondering on what the best spec is going to be for grouping etc in the end game.

Cheers for any advice

as you write for grouping 44 mind is the only spec to be, rest is just crap

pinkey

Fledgling Freddie
with my sorc pink ive gone tri spec 30body, 25 matter and 37 mind, u need mof3 and mom3 for it to work, with that ul hit as hard as a 50body sorc, and ul have more utility.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
pinkey said:
with my sorc pink ive gone tri spec 30body, 25 matter and 37 mind, u need mof3 and mom3 for it to work, with that ul hit as hard as a 50body sorc, and ul have more utility.

You are giving up the best mezz for a low level dot and dex debuff? Or did I miss some utility in matter spec?

Sollers

Fledgling Freddie
Javai said:
You are giving up the best mezz for a low level dot and dex debuff? Or did I miss some utility in matter spec?

snare nuke :p But that sucks because it's 3 sec castspd.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Sollers said:
snare nuke :p But that sucks because it's 3 sec castspd.

Don't consider that utility if you're assisting properly :p

Actually I leveled my Sorc to 50 and rr5 with 44 mind 31 matter but in the end having a decent aoe root beat all the 'utility' in matter line :) Though having stackable dots was nice for solo xp'ing in the days before bb's and FoP's :)

pinkey

Fledgling Freddie
well my spec works pretty well with pinkey, plus i have seen a video of a sorc using the same spec that manages to take on a full bg by himself, mof3 and 25% spell duration makes ur mezz the same as high lvl mezz, and the dot makes it so stealthers cant hide.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
pinkey said:
well my spec works pretty well with pinkey, plus i have seen a video of a sorc using the same spec that manages to take on a full bg by himself, mof3 and 25% spell duration makes ur mezz the same as high lvl mezz, and the dot makes it so stealthers cant hide.

Mof3 does not make mezz the same as it will be 350 radius not 400. Also there is a perfectly good base-line dot for stopping stealthers (not to mention a pet)

Edit: I don't doubt a solo Sorc can handle a fg but I don't see what from the matter line you are using to do that that you can't do equally well without.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom