Sorcerer RA´s

T

thorwyntf

Right.. title says it all.
What RA´s do you lvl 50 Sorcerers have and what´s your impression of your RA´s impact on RvR?

So far, I got Aug Auc 2, AoM 2, WP 2, MoM1, Aug Dex 1, Mcl 1... 7 points left.

A

Apathy

Save for Purge if you think you will use it enough to justify the points.

Otherwise, Wild Arcana is fun for crit debuffs.

a.

O

old.Wildfire

in order...

MCL, Purge, AA3, MoTA 3, AOM 3, then whatever you like after that - putting points into AoM, trying to get it up to 3 at the moment but I got Serenity 1 first, after MoTA 3.

A

Adri

i have aug auc 3, longwind 1, aom 1, moc
9 points spare
had Corp Dis- was fun for a month but respeced out of it for MOC

i love moc

dont see the point of serenity with our mana crack now available to us
also dubious about getting mcl

Adrianicus

J

jilson

mastery of water to show of to your friends!

J

Javai

You need mcl 1 for when you get a paladin rez and need to get shiel and crack up :)

Wild Arcana is nice for mind/matter spec crit on dots debuffs and snares.

Purge is essential as is MoTA. I also put one in aug con and one in toughness for that extra survivability. Can't remember everything else but they would be my top priorities if starting out.

O

old.shotgunstow

Originally posted by Javai
You need mcl 1 for when you get a paladin rez and need to get shiel and crack up :)

Wild Arcana is nice for mind/matter spec crit on dots debuffs and snares.

Purge is essential as is MoTA. I also put one in aug con and one in toughness for that extra survivability. Can't remember everything else but they would be my top priorities if starting out.

I'd say mcl 1 for ANY mana using class, excluding hybrid tanks (paladins/reavers). Because it is just SO useful for the 3 points it costs. 40% mana ish... instantly... there is nothing more useful for a caster :)

L

Luv_Bunny

my cleric has mcl2 but that's really only usefull when i get a pally rezz and need to start rezzing or massive healing instantly. for other classes i wouldn't recommend it, unless you really got some points to spare which i doubt

F

fl_gorre

purge moc are a sorcrer his most viable RA's
forget about CD
its fun but once you get used to moc you cant live without it
mcl1 is very usefull too
after you got these 3 go for passives:
mastery of art
aom
some aug dext

atm i got
moc
aug acuity3
wp2
aom1
aug dext2
mota2
mcl1

saving up for purge and later for concentration atm
(note im a body sorc )

T

thegreatest

What about long wind btw? Is it worth to put there 1 point in? Think its usefull at pve but doubt it will be in rvr..

O

old.Wildfire

I'd personally say moc would only be worthwhile for a high-body sorc, at lower body (or not at all) specs the return from lifetaps just isnt high enough to save your skin.

I

iluvatur

depends on your role as sorc, if you like to solo alot, purge MoC and cd are all as essential as each other. alot of ppl under estimate CD and think of its only for siege or zerg, but it's dead useful for an insta interupt or to kite tanks and force them to use their IP so you can finish them off once your speed kicks in again. if all 3 are up, no class should be able to beat you ( unless pa'd etc) just don't waste your cc. ra's should only be used *if* they purge your cc, IP, get the jump on you or just resist alot of your spells.

if your a group sorc, i'd still reccomend purge first, and instant form of power like mcl, for when your rezzed. also high wild arcana for aoe debuffs makes alot of difference in high rr group encounters when your buffed to the teeth, and a nice crit comes your way. in group vs group combat i'd reccomend long wind as well as you should be number one target so some etc running will always help. after that look to increase cast time, your hps and resists. MoC is still viable for the split mind/body sorc to increase your surviveability, i wouldn't bother if your mind/matter.

W

-Wedge-

My sorc isnt 50 yet, but pretty much planned out its RA's infront ;)

MCL 1
Purge
MoC
WP1
MoM1
MoArt1
WA1 (nice to have the posibilty to crit-cold-debuff)
Corpeal Disease

Why the CD, well the groups I'm usually in are Ice-Wiz heavy... CD + MoC + Pbaoe (last 2 for the ice wizzies, not me) is a lot of damage...

After that, its upgrading my passives... AoM might be 'squezed' in there somewhere... (Might take AoM 2 early in the start, making all my magic resist go to 32%, yes I got a lovely SC suit ;))

My sorc will be 46 body, so moc is both nice for saving my hide with life-tap, but also very nice for casting cc spells when you're being interrupted...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom