Sorcerer questions

C

crookshanks

Good morning folks,

Having just initiated Glumbumble into Albion's Sorcerer ranks in an attempt to bring a little troll-control into my repatoire, I seem to have got my spell book wet in the recent downpour that occured around Stonehenge. Could I tap the fountain of knowledge that is BW in answering the following questions please?:

(a) Why is it when I use Matter spec Dex Debuff (Mystic Net), does the Body spec Strength Debuff (Deteriorate Body) also grey out preventing me Dex and Str debuffing my opponent?

(b) Is a debuff (such as the above two spells) affected by speccing in line like dds, DoTs - or is it considered a binary effect like root?

(c) Having noticed the Mind spec AE str/con debuff (Banish Dedication) breaking my carefully cast AE mezz - I wondered which debuffs break mezz and which don't? I thought I saw a movie where a sorcy AE debuff a mezzed bunch of mids and didn't break mezz - is debuffing players different to debuffing monsters?

(d) Is it me or is the Mage (sorcerer at least) power pool much smaller than the wizard/theur one? I seem to run out of power real quick as a sorcerer - where as my wizard can cast a lot more spells.

I'm planning to spec 46 Mind to get the best power regen buff and the last AE mezz (since I figured thats the only one thats going to keep high determination tanks in order). This leaves 28 to go into body or matter - whats better in your opinion? The 140DD lifetap on Body base spec with MasterOfConcentration in a vague attempt to hold off an attacker (plus the Cold Debuff for pbaoe groups), or matter to get a solid DoT in and run off while the opponents blood slowly boils?

Thanks once again for any help you provide.

O

old.linnet

Originally posted by crookshanks

(a) Why is it when I use Matter spec Dex Debuff (Mystic Net), does the Body spec Strength Debuff (Deteriorate Body) also grey out preventing me Dex and Str debuffing my opponent?

Your instant single target debuffs are on the same timer (1 per 5s if I remember right). Your insta AE debuffs also share a timer, but it isn't the same one as the single target debuffs.

(c) Having noticed the Mind spec AE str/con debuff (Banish Dedication) breaking my carefully cast AE mezz - I wondered which debuffs break mezz and which don't? I thought I saw a movie where a sorcy AE debuff a mezzed bunch of mids and didn't break mezz - is debuffing players different to debuffing monsters?

Basically yes. Your insta stat debuffs will not break mez on enemy players in RvR. They will, however, break mez on anything in PvE, and on enemy pets.

(d) Is it me or is the Mage (sorcerer at least) power pool much smaller than the wizard/theur one? I seem to run out of power real quick as a sorcerer - where as my wizard can cast a lot more spells.

Nope, that's all in the mind (sic) although an Avalonian caster would have a bit more power due to higher int. Mind spec does run out of power more quickly because of needing to use baseline lifetaps/dots. If you spec for damage, you can be more power efficient.

I'm planning to spec 46 Mind to get the best power regen buff and the last AE mezz (since I figured thats the only one thats going to keep high determination tanks in order). This leaves 28 to go into body or matter - whats better in your opinion? The 140DD lifetap on Body base spec with MasterOfConcentration in a vague attempt to hold off an attacker (plus the Cold Debuff for pbaoe groups), or matter to get a solid DoT in and run off while the opponents blood slowly boils?

Enh, personal choice really. The 15% debuffs you will get with <30 body aren't really worth speccing for. So it basically comes down to whether you prefer lower variance lifetaps, or dots and snares (that will get resisted a lot). I think body is more popular, but would also suggest strongly considering 44 mind, 31 body as a spec since the AE root really is quite a decent spell.

O

old.Bubble

Most of what Linnet said :)

The reason why we run out of power fast while nuking is because 50 spec Lifetap is not effected by focus staffs(Next patch i guess), other than that i havent noticed(well i haven't noticed at all)

Spec-
With 30 in body you get a AoE root which is more useful than alot of people think, your lose the last Mana regen thro.

Other specs to look at-
40 Body 36 mind(not bad nuke as well as mana regen 4 and 1min mez) Solo tangler spec

44 mind 30 body
fotm and nice all round spec, last mez, last debuff and AoE root/level 50 pet.

46 Body 29 mind
Top nukes, Power regen 3, AoE root, AoE mez(through only level 24 still is only 12 secs shorter than normal mez) 50% cold/heat debuff

X

Xeanor

spec 44mind 31body like the other 5-10 sorcerers on this planet.

G

GReaper

Instant debuffs can end up eating a lot of power as well.

But don't worry! You'll be dead in RvR long before you get a chance to use your entire power bar. :)

L

leviathane

debuffs good to help lowbies to, duno if they changed it but you can debuff without leeching their xp.

E

Ezeine

Originally posted by crookshanks

AE str/con debuff doesn't break mez on enemy players. Only mobs and pets.

O

old.windforce

agree with Xeanor

if you plan to rvr 44 mind / 31 body is way to go

on pve 40 body / 36 mind is way better though

B

bigchief

Originally posted by old.windforce
agree with Xeanor

GL getting a grp though. Had 3 grps that lasted more than 10mins in 2 weeks with sorc.

L

leviathane

mebbe that would be your fault for not cc'ing well??

L

liste

dont dog the 40/36 spec, or even the 46 body spec.

i myself am 40/36, and my mezz is just fine. Seing as i'm usually grouped with a body cabalist who debuffs body nukes, i nuke quite alot. my nukes usually hit for 250-350 depending on resists, and about 400 with debuff (30%).

also, PvE wise, 44/31 sucks lots and lots and some more as well lots.

incidentally, its all about play style.

Mezz bot: 49 mind. you get all the juicy group friendly spells, but you suck at basically everything else.

mezz/root (nukes): 44 mind/31 body. nukes are expensive for low damage output, but your mezz is good and you have the first ae root for backup (very useful in these purge/group purge/determination days)

46 body: very powerful nukes, but sort of dodgy mezz. your ae root is quite good, though not as useful as main CC as mezz.
Your pets are blue con, with this spec, and your mana regen is low.

play what you want, and dont just go fotm automatically, if you fel better with something else :)

O

old.linnet

Originally posted by liste

also, PvE wise, 44/31 sucks lots and lots and some more as well lots.

Not true.

I've played 40/36 and 44/31 and they were both good in PvE. The higher body spec is more power efficient, though, and gives a bit more versatility if you do want to debuff for wizards .... but nothing wrong with the other spec for PvE, and you know it ;P

X

Xeanor

It gets better for PvE next patch when the Lifetap is 179 DD.

O

[Oo]Escape

Sorc rock in PvE no matter how you spec..... if you don't, roll a tank :D

C

Caedo

My sorc is great in rvr .. 2nd best of everything. lvl 50 pets and nice debuffs.. abd the power crack is only 1 point of the highest.

Ive tried 3 specs now and 40/36 is the one for me.

Thats just my opinion ofc :]

V

vestax

Originally posted by old.windforce
agree with Xeanor

on pve 40 body / 36 mind is way better though

40 body 36 Mind is also great if you want to solo / duo a bit in odins / Hw.

Its a nice feeling killing a group of 3 hibs / mids solo :)

Nukes do around 250-300 damage on SCed targets (2 sec cast time)

60 sec AE mez
60 sec AE Root

Yellow str/con & dex/qui ae debuffs

Yellow pet (stun chicken 4thewin)

Add MoC and your pretty much unbeatable 1v1 / 1v2 if played right.

Also good fun duoing with a ice/fire wizzy with your debuffs :p

A

andyr00barb

Kinda on the subject, what are the best sorc pets (assuming you can get yellow pet) in each of the frontiers?

O

old.Bubble

In the albion and mid frontier you can grab a Cocatric (Sp?)
These proc a nice 9 sec stun which can chain stun people

Soloing in Albion frontier i used to grab priestess pets because they gave me nice yellow con spec buffs(Dex/con and AF) and healed me when i was at 50% or less while in passive.

In hibby land probley a High level grogan or Granny is your best bet (With those yellow con things near the PK also doing nice damage)

V

vestax

emain truley sucks for sorc pets..

Odins: Pets that root/stun/asd/nuke/buff

HW: Pets that heal/buff/nuke/stun/proc

Emain: ????

O

old.Bubble

Originally posted by Xeanor
loghery men have a dex debuff or disease.

Mine always did the Dex debuff but never Disease, then again i haven't been a sorc for the last 2 or 3 patchs

O

old.linnet

Originally posted by vestax

Emain: ????

I quite liked the bananach (sp?) even though it is only blue con. They have some fairly handy trees etc, but is a hassle to go and get them. If all else fails, you can annoy your group by getting a bloodletter, I guess.

L

leviathane

actually some gd pets in emain only bad thing is the patrol will either kill you on the way there or kill you on your return.

B

bigchief

Originally posted by leviathane
mebbe that would be your fault for not cc'ing well??

No, even if I land first CC a random grp quite often dies to a GG, and most mid/hib grps we run into are GG's. Random grps dont stand a chance and ppl log after a cple of runs.

Gets quite tiresome tbh.

Also you only ever get one sorc in a grp and then not even that some times ... ppl say theres a lack of sorcs in alb/pryd but theres enough that the few who play cant always find a grp. Number of sorcs wanting to rvr > number of fg's wanting to rvr (except for alliance events and crap).

Give perma rvr guild :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom