Sorc spec

M

mac_kraakebolle

40matter 36mind

36body 39 mind

39body 36 mind

Thoughts on these specs please...
-Do you use the resist debuffs alot on rvr if you are a sorc?

-Can you be the main mezzer of a group not having the 44th ae mez? Is there realy that mutch of a diffrense? I figgure that once you have stopped to cast it should be fairly quick to get 2 casts in on the ae mez?? wheres the line here between whats considered to be main-mezzer-material and whats not?

-Wouldnt 40 matter yield more ulity over 40 body??

------
thanks in advance

M

mac_kraakebolle

Hmm so I realy need the ae 44th mezz to be accepted as main mezzer in a rvr group?

I figgured that if you factored in resists determination etc. etc. It wouldnt be mutch of a diffrence at all...

O

old.Wildfire

44 mind 30 body - if you've got it, flaunt it - just dont try and be something you're not (ie a nuker)

F

- Fedaykin -

44 mezz is not worth getting IMO

i have tried 34 mezz and 44 mezz and noticed litle difference in resist rates.. duration is a little higher

you NEED an AoE root to do well in RvR, this is why u should get some in body..

Debuffing for wizards/theurgists helps a lot too if u know how to play your class well

aoe mezz and aoe root > long aoe mezz

your str/con debuff is nice but it DRAINS power.. i am usually out of mana all the time with 46 mind 28 body spec. as soon as 1.62 hits i'm 34 mind again...

mezz reduction = shit
pot = ok but give mincers somethig to do
aoe mezz = we've talked about this
debuffs = nice but not much more effective than their lower level counterparts

body/mind sorc simply hs more CC abilities than a pure mind sorc, anyone who says different needs to learn how to play.

ATM with hih mind i run into battle..

Mezz, debuff than erm... stand around for a while .. i only have single root which is anoying when i have 5 tanks bating upon me, I cannot remezz due to timers.. so i may as well just bite the dust instead of what i shoud have ben doing:

assisting main casters, aoe rooting purgers and nuking for 3-400+ a time - and still having mana at the end

Fedaykin rr6l4 sorc
currently 46 mind 28 body soon back to body :D

R

Rnp

40 body 36 mind
39mind 37body
or the best support 44mind 31body

dont get why ppl go under 30 body that aoe root is a must in my eyes

A

Adri

40body 36 mind

2nd best version of every spell available

J

Jiggs

dont bother RvR without 44 mind is my perspective. Having played both 36 and 44 mind specs. 44mez is superior to the 36 (extra radius, extra duration, less resists)

up to you if you want 30body or matter with that

played a rr6 sorcerer with 36mind 40matter which was then respeced to 44mind 31body i actually found 30body more useful than 40matter

matter is tricky to play i found, body is really nice from the point of view that once mezz is wearing off you can hit them with the ae root.

also with 44mind you get the last ae str/con debuff which is awesome (esp when u have wild arcana 2 ;) )

i'll just also point out that its not my main char and i dont know sorcerer inside out, but thats my impression for whatever its worth...

i hope it helps :D

W

-Wedge-

Matter (imho) == useless in group fights... DoT's well, damage over time, which isnt something you have in RvR... And the Snare DD although nice... A root does the trick so much better...

Imho, a sorc has 3 specs :
46 Body, 27 Mind... If you play with a lot of casters, this spec is very nice (50% cold/heat debuff does wonders for your casters damage output)...
36 Mind, 40 Body... A well round spec, 2nd best of everything... Still nice for caster groups, and still nice for tank groups...
44 Mind, 30 Body... A pure support spec, you wont kill anything by yourself... I mean, even a fly would con purple to you... But the mez is nice...

I'm probably going from 46 body to 44 mind in the next patch... Simply because I used to play in caster heavy groups, which turned into tank groups... And 46 body just doesnt 'do it' anymore... (Main reason for 46 body was 50% debuff, but not that many active casters anymore in the guild, so its kind of useless)

A

acei

I'm guessing that my current plan of 46mind and 28body isn't a good choice then? The 46mind would give me the final power regen buff. But i would miss out on the AE-root, is AE-root really that important?

L

Loth

is AE-root really that important?

Yes it is, 2 forms of AoE CC on different timers is very useful indeed.

My Sorc has had 3 specs :

41 Body 34 Mind (Original spec)
48 Body 24 Mind (spec I personally preferred for RvR)
40 Body 36 Mind (Current spec, as Sorc only does PvE atm).

I loved the 48 Body spec in RvR, it really suited my playstyle. People talk of mez resists on the 24 spec mez, but chain-casted it works well. Also Body resists are high yes, but I still hit for good damage - good enough to hurt support characters at least.

40 Body 36 Mind is a pretty versatile spec and works great in PvE, although I haven't tried it in RvR yet (I play my Minstrel in RvR now) but I imagine it's pretty like 41Body 34 Mind.

My own observations are that as a Mind Sorc, I always died first (out in front trying to get a mez off) but I seemed to live longer as a Body Sorc.

Spec options depend on your playstyle and whether you run in a dedicated group, but really it's hard to gimp a Sorc as they are so versatile - unless you spec Matter of course :D

F

fl_gorre

44mind 30body grpspec
48body 24mind solospec
these are the only viable specs for RvR
note stick with 44 as limit else you lose your aoe root
and 48body because then you can debuff your own dot

debuffing without having the highest debuffs available(50) isnt worth it youd better spend your time spamming amnesia then

if your more the pve kinda guy you can go for a cookiecutterspec

F

fl_gorre

Originally posted by acei
I'm guessing that my current plan of 46mind and 28body isn't a good choice then? The 46mind would give me the final power regen buff. But i would miss out on the AE-root, is AE-root really that important?
yes cant stress this enuff
a higher power regen buff does not compare nor justify losing your aoe root
(goes for pve and RvR)

K

Karlo

Originally posted by Adri
40body 36 mind

2nd best version of every spell available

I agree, aoe root is vital in rvr now days with so many purges etc. And the debuffs aren't to be knocked either

M

mac_kraakebolle

Originally posted by fl_gorre
44mind 30body grpspec
48body 24mind solospec
these are the only viable specs for RvR
note stick with 44 as limit else you lose your aoe root

debuffing without having the highest debuffs available(50) isnt worth it youd better spend your time spamming amnesia then

if your more the pve kinda guy you can go for a cookiecutterspec

Okay, thanks thats what I was thinking at first to spec to be realy good at one thing (and have the best of something) but I got bevildered by all the nice spells :)

S

skile

From what I've heard the 30 body aeroot isnt that effective vs mid-tank-grps. Atleast when high rr (like nolby). According to a guild-sorc it lasts about 6 seconds.

I'm curious on how effective the 45 mezz-resist is, compared to it's earlier versions.

The value of it is "55". What does this value actually mean?

S

skile

I'm thinking of going 49 mind and rest matter (22 I think), but not sure yet.

Might be worth going 46 mind and rest matter, then u recieve the 2nd snare-nuke (comes at 24).

H

Hit ^_^

44mind as minimum if you aint going to solo in emain

A

Aussie-

SC+ buff resists + determ. you need every sec you can get. i wish they made smth like 50mind = 85sec mez, i would def take it.

W

Wou

Originally posted by -Wedge-
Matter (imho) == useless in group fights... DoT's well, damage over time, which isnt something you have in RvR... And the Snare DD although nice... A root does the trick so much better...

Cool you runned around a long time with a useless sorc :rolleyes:

I m 41 matter / 34 mind at the moment, so not like most sorc. Made around 900k rp's with it ( after I respecced at rr5), so it is sertenly not "useless" or "gimp".

It just depend if you like it or not. If you want to be a supper nuker, or ultimed CC, then matter is nothing for you.

If you go matter you have 3 single cc, of wich one has no imunity timer.

DOT do nice damage when they are stacked. But are best in keepseiges.

The snared DD does good damage, is on matter resist ( mostly low resists), and the snare has no imunity timer.

I m happy with it, but realy depends on your playstyle.

It isn't stakeble ( like chanter/rm base DD) so isn't realy powerfull. ( readed somewhere it only debuffed max 3 ticks,)

44mind as minimum if you aint going to solo in emain

Heared in the past a lot 44 mind sorc whining because they are onetrick pony's.

The value of it is "55". What does this value actually mean?

It is 55% from your mezzed time. But because you are over 2/3 spec, you get a 25% bonus on the buff. So 55 + 25% = 68% time from your mezzed time. It doesn't stack with resists, works together. So if you are mezzed 1 min with 50% resists, you are mezzed: (1min - 68% [buff]) - 50% [resists] = 9.6 sec. Determination works the same btw.

R

Rhyler

hehe pretty funny to read about "2 kinds of cc is a must or you are doomed" thing

think how lovely hibernian bards have it, they only have mez, not a single other cc, not even a snare or single target one

and it the 1.62 report for bards mythic said a clear NO! we won't give bards any additional cc

F

fl_gorre

Originally posted by Wou

It isn't stakeble ( like chanter/rm base DD) so isn't realy powerfull. ( readed somewhere it only debuffed max 3 ticks,)
[/B]
idd 2-3 actually debuffed stacks the max you are gone get out of it
but on most sbs this gives 2-3stacks of 150-190damage wich rather nice

i just wanted to say that if you want to go body go full till 48 and not 46 as most seem to do
a higher crack and first mess reduction chant isnt that worth it, your not a grp specced sorc anyway

S

Spyf

Originally posted by old.Wildfire
44 mind 30 body - if you've got it, flaunt it - just dont try and be something you're not (ie a nuker)
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread