Sorc spec (prolly been asked before but wtf)

Shaitan

Loyal Freddie
Hi, levelling up my sorc at the moment and before it hits 40 I need to decide on a final spec for it.. Gonna use it primarilly for rvr, so my question is..

Is 35 mind, 41 body sufficient for AOE mez, or do you HAVE to go for the red aoe mez to be effective?

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
41 body gives you nothing.... 36 mind gives you crack 3, that´s why 36 mind rest body is a pretty common spec.

Iskander

Fledgling Freddie
Real sorcs got at least 44 mind (best AE mez). This gives you 31 body :p

Shaitan

Loyal Freddie
Iskander said:
Real sorcs got at least 44 mind (best AE mez). This gives you 31 body :p

This only gives you the weak debuffs tho..

How useful are the debuffs anyone? :)

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Real sorcs got at least 44 mind (best AE mez). This gives you 31 body

Best AE mez is a difference of 13 seconds compared to the second best AE mez and you lose 2nd highest dex/qui debuff, 2nd best AE root as well as 2nd best nuke.
Sorcerer specs are always a matter of taste and 36/40 m/b is a pretty decent allround spec with lots of options. There is no "real" sorc spec.

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
Best AE mez is a difference of 13 seconds compared to the second best AE mez and you lose 2nd highest dex/qui debuff, 2nd best AE root as well as 2nd best nuke.
Sorcerer specs are always a matter of taste and 36/40 m/b is a pretty decent allround spec with lots of options. There is no "real" sorc spec.
best ae mezz is 'best' because it's 400 radius, not because it's longer duration. nobody will ever stand in a mezz for full duration anyway, either they purge, or get de-mezzed, mezz broken, or die.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Yup, of course...
Still it´s a pretty bad tradeoff IMO. Well.. you just can´t have it all :)

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
didn't they make all sorc's AE mezz same AE ? ^^ (I think they did some time ago...or was it just the sub-lvl 44 mezz's ?)

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
level 44 is 400 radius. rest are 350... i.e. 30% more area.

and bad trade-off? more chance to stop a group that's spreading on contact is invaluable imo...

Personally I'd probably go 36/40 at low rr (and/or with poor equipment), and 44/31 thereafter.

Shaitan

Loyal Freddie
Thanks for the input guys, some valuable insight :)

Think ill stick with 36/40 for now, seems more utility in it, and i can always respec if i dont like it :)

Generation

Fledgling Freddie
Don't forget that 44 mind also gives you the top str/con debuff which is effectively a big ae nuke if used on 1st contact with a group. Also the lvl44 mezz should be resisted less often (tho this won't matter so much in NF with some points into mastery of focus).

Amaru-Synergy

Fledgling Freddie
My advice would be

40 Body 36 Mind till RR6-7 then switch to 44 Mind 36 Body.... then change in NF to xxxxxx (Need to see the frontiers)

If you need a chat on specifics, feel free to pop on excal or send me a message.....

Goodluck in your choice

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom