Sorc RA - 14 points fecked up?

M

Molten Lava

Bought the big Sorc RA thingy - 14 points AOE-DOT - thought it would be really nice...but:

I cant find what the range is (not even on Herald site) not to big I guess coz I tried to use it in RvR but had to stand almost ON the orange Elf's feet to cast it....(was dead before I could find the button anyway)

I cant find what the cast time is (instant I guess as I tested it once and I saw no animation at all or effect on the targetted tree)

It did only 4 times 94 damage on a lvl 24 (grey con) tree. Im a lvl 47 sorc. There were some things around the tree but non of them got hit....it is AoE right? Any idea how big that Area is (1 feet?) Also I heard it would do damage every 3 seconds for 30 seconds (as Im writing this I begin to wonder..maybe the tree died after 4 times 3 seconds :)

Is this normal or is this RA just a waste of points? And can anyone give me some numbers (damage at lvl 50, area of effect, cast time and range)

Thanks

D

-Dreama-

Unfortunatly I can't give you any numbers, sorry. But from what I understand it's a spell that is rarely used. It has it's uses, like Keep defence and offence, and wall fights. It's all a matter of waiting for the right time to cast it. And from what I have heard it does a fair amount of dmg to a rather large area, for a nice amount of time, although the numbers I just don't know :(

O

old.Wildfire

Omg noooooo the sorc RA from what ive heard OWNS. One of the few RAs thats worth spending points on (unlike the wizzy one :eek: i think GOA should give me back the respec that i had to use to get rid of that rubbish)

T

Tiarta

http://www.ping.de/~sven/daoc/configurator.shtml

check this url, u can see a descibtion of the different ra's (somehow short though) - but it would have told you the dmg is percent based and goes up by the users lvl and it stacks too with other dots :clap: , check it out, its a cool page.

copy the link and start a new browser window and paste the link there, should work then.

Best regards

W

Wou

Range is 1500
Area is 350 or a bit bigger ( covers my lvl 34 mezz)
Cast time is instant, but you can't spamm it. It say's wait 2 sec then..

The damage depents on your lvl and how much you have in matter ( I get 80 - 120, with 8 +9 matter ).

In RvR I use it all the time, mostly on: groups of people fighting ( mezz would be dircly broken), runners, to do a lot damage on someone quickly and keep defence. The only drow back is that the targets become imume to all your cc :rolleyes:

I m very happy with it :)

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Yes, that dot gives my lvl 46 sorc 0.25 per use (once every 30 minutes). Ofcourse, this is when I'm teamed up with a lvl 50 sorc mate, and he casts it. It owns pretty much :)
And on a keep defense, it rocks also. It does a lot of damage, and indeed stacks.. so find a cabalist, and fire away :p
Regards, Glottis

F

Flimgoblin

it's more powerful than the cabalist level 46 DoT, it apparently uses matter spec though for damage (which is a bug, it should be damned good for every sorceror)

Void Pillar (the wizard one) is very useful actually... not worth 14 points ;) but it's an instant aoe, bolt range nuke :) handy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom