sony wriggling again

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
My PS3 can't wait to be modded.

Sorry Sony but you are now officially out of the console business.

Chilly

Balls of steel
My lawyer friend tells me this is ridiculous. He also found a way around it, you can agree to it and then write a letter complaining and they will let you off. At some point they will sneak it in again, though.

and why shouldnt I take part in a class action after they lose all my fucking data to some random russians or whatever. grr.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
That's really a shitty move... I've never touched a PS3 and this certainly isn't a very good incentive.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Think to yourself; would you really go through all the hazzle for a couple of bucks?

Then ask yourself; do the benefits of it outweight the possibility of doing such hazzle?

Then come to the usual conclusion of "f*ck it." and press accept.

Those agreements are so full of shitty things already, that this isn't even two blips on the shitty meter.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It is probably at least 2.5 blips on your shitty meter. I don't recall ever reading about a set of T&C's that expressly say that you are forbidden from filing a class action lawsuit if somebody breaks into their system.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well think of it this way; did you file a class action lawsuit against them for what happened? If not, you're more then likely to leave it be the next time too.

I know the principle behind being against it, but in the end, isn't it a bit of wasted energy to anger at something you can't change?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So. I take it all of you will be boycotting products like Planetside, or any other PS3 game then?

The only thing that matters, that will get any sort of result, is not giving them your money.

I predict a small storm of indignation followed by everyone buying games and PS3's anyway, followed by everyone buying the PS4 if it's technically better than its competition...

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Its an irrelevant change; at least, in most of Europe it is; you can't waive your rights even if you wanted to.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
There is no such things as class as actions in the uk anyway so makes no difference.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
you can take part in group litigation things or something, according to my housemate. second hand law win!

That is not quite the same thing though. Each individual still has to submit a claim form and then if the judge sees fit that they can all be combined into one case then they will be heard together.

So for the purposes of Sony and it's daft new rules it still won't make a difference.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Sony are beginning to get up my nose. If it wasn't for the blu-ray playing aspect, I'd probably have ditched it for a 360 before now.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Meh, just sounds like Sony are trying to protect themselves against the yank sue everyone mentality. Whats more these T&C's aren't exactly rare...

Unsupported Browser

However I don't see any angry geeks boycotting T-Mobile.....

Oh I fogot, its because T-Mobile aren't Sony. And Sony are evil. Cos some nerds on the internet said so cos they wouldn't let them hack the PS3.

It's a service on a games console.....bit of perspective chaps, no?

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Post in my Sony tablet thread you big bag of Sony semen!!! ;)

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
gonna get rid of mine as i rarely play on it anyway i only got it for the blu ray but now prices have come down on regular blu ray players i see no point having it pc games piss all over console games anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom