Sony PSP's...

Afran

Part of the furniture
I'm shopping around on ze net looking to buy one atm, and I'm wondering if the new PSP 3000 packages come with a battery recharger or not, all the old versions mention it in the package but these ones do not. Sony PSP 3000 Console (Radiant Red) - PSP - GAME.co.uk for example, anyone know if they all come with a recharger, you have to buy one seperate or you use just any basic USB cable to re-charge the 3000's, and if so does it come with a cable? Hope someone here has one and can enlighten me :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Why would you buy one? Thought it was the most shocking console upgrade since the megaCD.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Because they aren't actually that bad when you can pick up a load of cheap games for less than £5 on ebay along with playing just about every ps1 game on it via an emu?

Oh and no idea whether they come with a charger, got mine 2nd hand from gamestation for £60, came with a charger.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Because they aren't actually that bad when you can pick up a load of cheap games for less than £5 on ebay along with playing just about every ps1 game on it via an emu?

Oh and no idea whether they come with a charger, got mine from gamestation for £60, came with a charger.

So it's worth getting the original then, dirt cheap second hand, the 300 does not play umd's so how would you pick up old games for it for less than £5?

I had a psp, it collected dust. Really not worth paying good money for.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I think the The PSP-3000 comes with UMD still its the new Go that is coming soon that does not have one.

I still love the PSP fifa on that is 10 times the game of Fifa on the DS and its a brilliant PMP.

Syri

FH is my second home
All depends on the person. Just because you don't use one doesn't mean nobody else will have use for one either. And as for the 3000 not playing umds, it's the new psp go that has no umd drive. the 3000 was an update to the original design, and does have the umd drive.

As for the question on the charger, I'm not sure if the 3000 includes a charger, but they are available from a lot of stores quite cheap, and you can charge it over usb, the later models at least. It uses a standard mini usb socket, or at least my psp 1000 does, can't imagine they'd change that. I'd imagine there'd be some form of charger though, seeing as it uses a custom battery unit, so you can't exactly just stick a few AAs in there.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yeah got confused with the GO, still buy it second hand.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Looks like the cheapest one I can find is £136.99 or bundled with FF: Crisis Core for £151.68, think I'm gonna get that one unless one of you can find one cheaper! :ninja:

Yeah got confused with the GO, still buy it second hand.

No way you'll get a 3000 2nd hand, not from a reliable site anyway

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
What's wrong with ebay etc? What about the actual game stores, CEX, GAME, gamestation? They all sell pre-owned consoles.

Afran

Part of the furniture
I've had quite bad experiences with eBay/Paypal so I'll be avoiding that one.

CEX don't have them, GAME are going at £139.99, Gamestation also @ £139.99

They're kinda new (about a month old?) so yeh... won't be many 2nd hand about and the one's that are would be wary they are some of the few faulty ships

soze

I am a FH squatter
Argos have it for £136 with a free game not awesome games but free still.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Also, whether you want to mod your PSP should be considered, I don't know whether the new ones can be modded to run an emu. If that doesn't interest you then it doesn't matter :)

Afran

Part of the furniture
Argos have it for £136 with a free game not awesome games but free still.

That's exactly the one I'm looking at atm, though you only get the game free if you spend £19.99 on a useless (imo) accessories pack, s'why I totalled it at £151.68

soze

I am a FH squatter
That's exactly the one I'm looking at atm, though you only get the game free if you spend £19.99 on a useless (imo) accessories pack, s'why I totalled it at £151.68

Sorry I misread it I though it was a free Acc Pack or Game.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
They're kinda new (about a month old?) so yeh... won't be many 2nd hand about and the one's that are would be wary they are some of the few faulty ships

No they are not. The 3000's launched last year. It's the colours that launched recently.

PSP-3000 gets UK release date and price

We were selling them at Woolies before we went under, I know this as the psp I had collecting dust was a 3000 ( I sold it for £70 btw).

So you should be able to get loads of used ones.

Afran

Part of the furniture
No they are not. The 3000's launched last year. It's the colours that launched recently.

PSP-3000 gets UK release date and price

We were selling them at Woolies before we went under, I know this as the psp I had collecting dust was a 3000 ( I sold it for £70 btw).

So you should be able to get loads of used ones.

Oh ok, I'll look a bit more but not found any pre-owned yet.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Really looks like the most I'd save is around £30, and that's if I used eBay, which as I mentioned before I don't like using due bad experiences & that way there's no guarantee/warranty either, think I'm gonna go with Argos :p

Deepfried

One of Freddy's beloved
just buy a second hand one
only £60 then take ya missus out with the cash ya saved on buyingnew one
should get a good reward one would hope

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom