Sony extend e-peen, nobody cares

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Ok, so maybe some people do care, still I thought this article was quite funny :) Shame I can't find an official source for it else it would have been funnier still had it come from sony themselves.

"EverQuest II - 325,000 Players Strong, No Waiting

EverQuest II continues to grow at an amazing rate, not just in the number of players that have fallen in love with the game's rich, entertaining content, but also in the physical size of the world. We've got over 325,000 people logging in to our servers every week, with no delays or wait times and the game they are playing is only getting better.

Below are a few reasons why we believe that if you aren’t currently playing EverQuest II, you should be. We are committed to our player base and are very passionate about making EverQuest II the best MMO game.

Open Communication
Sony Online has an amazing community relations team that listens to players’ feedback, and let them know what is going on with EverQuest II. Our development team and even our president, John Smedley, often respond personally to players, so players can rest assured that SOE is listening (and reading) and we do care what our subscribers think. Many of the changes that have already been made to EverQuest II (i.e. more solo content, new interfaces, and even quest content) have been a direct result of community feedback.

325,000 Players, No Waiting -- SOE Subscribers Can Play the Game They’re Paying to Play, When They Want To
We believe strongly in ensuring that the players can get into EverQuest II whenever they want. Understandably, all MMO games have downtime for maintenance and patching, but we don’t believe in making our players wait in line to play our games. They’re paying a monthly subscription to play a game and our job is to work hard to let you play it as much as, and when, they choose.

Tons of Content Added Since Launch
Since launch, an enormous amount of free content has been added to EverQuest II. In addition to changes that made the game more fun for soloists and group players alike, more than 1100 quests have been added to the game since launch on November 8th. We've added more than 1200 new items to the game, including more craftable items for tradeskillers, and more loot around the world. Almost 400 new spells have been added and we've worked diligently to make sure our spell effects are as eye-catching as they are powerful. Recently, we added 8 new areas to the world, so there are now well over 100 zones in the world of EverQuest II to explore.

That's not all. We have a very long list of new features, additions, and gameplay enhancements that make EverQuest II even more fun to play, including:

- Greatly increased solo and small group experience rewards
- Mentoring allows higher-level players to “group down” with lower-level players
- Lots of new armor looks
- Two new dungeons available for level 25 to 30 groups
- A dozen new level 50 epic raid zones have been added, including the Draconic quests
- Eight new instanced dungeons for both soloers and groups
- More encounters added for soloers and small groups, including advanced solo encounters
- Tons of new quests, many for solo players
- Sabotage quests that allow you to strike at your rival city
- Training spells added as yet another way to personalize your character
- New examine information added to explain the benefits of spells, arts, food, drink, poisons, and potions
- Brawlers get built-in shields
- Guild followers can now spend the status they earn at city merchants
- Easier to equip rings, wrist items, and weapons
- Maps now show your current heading
- Lots of UI tweaks and enhancements
- Revamped Heroic Opportunities, making them more fun and visually dynamic
- Vitality indicator added to your XP bar
- Tabbed chat windows have been added to organize your conversations
- See what your target is attacking with the new Implied Target window
- More precise, informative AC values
- New heritage quests, including Golden Efreeti Boots and the Crown of King Tranix
- A new con system that allows you to see important information on enemies before you attack
- Longer durations for short-term group buffs and single-target buffs
- Less fizzles on spells meaning more damage more often
- Shorter timers and fewer restrictions on instanced zones
- House pet naming
- All tradeskill classes can now refine their own materials and components
- Wizards and Warlocks go nuke happy with more damage
- Tanks now tank better with increased mitigation
- Easier search abilities so you can find potions, poisons, activated items, and food
- Even more voiceover available for optional download

All of this new content has given players a reason to come back to our world again and again, and we're continuing to make gameplay improvements every month.

Today, Sony Online Entertainment would like to invite players from any game that may be experiencing lines to log in to their servers, a lack of customer service attention, or a lack of new, free game content, to play the EverQuest II Trial of the Isle demo -- We think you'll agree that EverQuest II is a fun, engaging experience that you have to see to believe.

We hope to see you in the world of EverQuest II soon."

Found here

Lubbock

Fledgling Freddie
hehe aye sounds like an attempt to get some of the WoW people that chosen a high population server ;)

Personally i find that article rather desperate and sad in a pathetic way :(

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
I think it says alot that so many people would rather queue to play wow than play EQ2 for free ><

Draylor

Part of the furniture
No surprise there.

Theyre pretty scared at the moment: EQ2 sales/subscribers are way below their estimates, and the numbers leaving EQ1 were higher than they expected/wanted.

Theyve been making some very good sounding changes to EQ2 lately, but then they throw in the ridiculous (eg /pizza) to remind anyone who had temporarily forgotten just where their priorities are ;)

Anastasia

Can't get enough of FH
Just because a game's not as good as WoW doesn't mean that its shit. I played EQ2 on launch and I liked it a lot. I basically went to WoW because thats where my guild mates were going. Would've been perfectly happy if we'd ended up in Norrath rather than Azeroth

Poon

One of Freddy's beloved
EQ2 being shit is more matter of fact then opinion

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Poon said:
EQ2 being shit is more matter of fact then opinion

Not exactly the kind of post we'd like to see thank you :twak:

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Jupitus said:
Not exactly the kind of post we'd like to see thank you :twak:

Ok. How does dull, repetitive, mind-numbing, artificial, with no redeeming features whatsoever sound ?

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
Turamber said:
Ok. How does dull, repetitive, mind-numbing, artificial, with no redeeming features whatsoever sound ?

like an arsenal game

oh! somebody stop me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom