Song(s) for your funeral?

W

Will

I've evil, so I would have a choir of small children sing Amazing Grace, and Bright Eyes. I want my funeral to be an ordeal, since I won't be there.

W

whipped

ok, I've had this figured out for a while now. Not sure why, but.

Sterophonics - Billy Davey's Daughter
Jeff Buckley - Hallejuhia
and Burn Baby Burn playing as I'm dropped into the cremation pit :D

Some that didn't make it onto the list are
U2 - One
The Chicken Song
Ben Folds Five - Brick
Queen - Who wants to live forever

L

leggy

Originally posted by whipped

Queen - Who wants to live forever

Good choice although after the "who wants to live forever" line i'd be tempted to edit the song with:

"well I fucking did you ****s"

D

darthshearer

I like the choice in Red Dwarf with George Mcintire (sp)

See you later Aligator :)

I dont want to think about it really :)

S

Sharma

Radiohead - Knives out
REM - Loosing my religion
Scooter - Shes the sun (Quite a nice slow song)

S

(Shovel)

ahha.. ah ha ha ha.. hilarious ignus.

I really don't know what I'd have at my funeral - I've only ever been to one and there were a few hymns, but nothing stand out. My Dad keeps going on about he wants to have an after-funeral party...

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by (Shovel)
ahha.. ah ha ha ha.. hilarious ignus.

I really don't know what I'd have at my funeral - I've only ever been to one and there were a few hymns, but nothing stand out. My Dad keeps going on about he wants to have an after-funeral party...
been to three funerals and there's always a drink and a bit after. Can't not have a wake afterwards :mad:

One of my mates died a few years back, was only 23 :( but at his funeral was played REM - Everybody hurts, then some ballad which I can't remember, then his favourite tune at the time which was The Superman Lovers - Starlight :D Then all up the pub in the early afternoon then a handful of us went onto the local Jumpin Jaks and got pretty damn well pished.

Best way to celebrate the passing of a friend and I would hope any friends of mine would do very similar.

M

Munkey-

Superman lovers - starlight <--- now thats a song i'd like played at my funeral. Sorry to hear about your mate jonaldo :(

Users who are viewing this thread