Something Special for the 2k dengdeng.

O

old.Tohtori

Since this post will take me over the magical limit of 2000 posts(sad...) i decided to see how much do i actually spend time with those blasted jibberish mongoose things we like to call posts.

First off, i got an average 5.27 posts/day. This we all know from our profile but i took it a step further.

2000 posts.

On an average writing one post takes 30 sec. (since some take longer, some only seconds.

This means that 2000*30sec= 16hours 40 minutes.

Now, if i spent that time working i would get roughly 200 euro from it. ( minus ofcourse the ones written from home, which is about 15%, making it 170 euro)

So posting has earned me 170 euro, since i didn't have to work when i wrote them.

Now if i spent the time writing a, say, book we get another funny thing:

One word takes about half a second to write.

Let's divide the time spent to words:

2000*30*2(half a sec/word) = 120 000 words.

On an average, a page full of text (8 size font)takes up 350 words.

120 000/ 350 = 342(roughly) pages.

This means that if i spent the time posting nonsense on threads i would have about 300 pages filled with nonsense and i could publish that nonsense.

Now let's say Teh Seels Book on nonsense" is a mild success.

One book would be around 15(cheap jibberish) euro.

A mild success would be around 5k books sold.

5000*15 = 75 000 Euro.

*looks at the number*

Damn. That's a lot of do-re-mi.

Now, if i wrote the book in two days (about 16 h, two 8 h days), the publishing hassle would take around a month and the sales would take around 3 months.

Date registered to BW is 25-04-02.

Add 4 months from the day the book was written.

25-08-02.

If the money i got from the books would've been in a bank for this 7 month period, with a 2.5% rate, i now would have 89 151 euro in the bank.

89k.... i make around 16k a year.

89/16 =5,5.

I could now retire and live off that money for five and a half years.

Think about it, oh and... DING 2000! :D

EDIT: Miscalc. 9 months in the bank but it covers for the other roundups, taking the figure more realistic.

O

old.LandShark

Hrmm, 15 euros for an un-fascinating-looking book from an unknown author? You'd be lucky :p

Profile For old.LandShark
Date Registered: 03-05-02
Total Posts: 3644 (9.82 posts per day)

:uhoh:

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by old.LandShark
Hrmm, 15 euros for an un-fascinating-looking book from an unknown author? You'd be lucky :p

Bleh, anyway...

With 10E it's still 60k.

With 5E it's still 30k.

Even if the book sold for 1e it would make 6k Euro :p

O

old.LandShark

Unless someone were to accidentally set fire to the warehouse it was being stored in!
:flame:

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by old.LandShark
Unless someone were to accidentally set fire to the warehouse it was being stored in!
:flame:

Like...you? :p

But yes, a collected book fo Teh Seels ramblings wouldn't sell even two copies and those would be burned faster then the Fuhrer said "Scheissemeister".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom