something interesting i rummaged up from Mythic

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
Many people have been asking for the official Mythic position regarding inter-realm duels. Here it is:

We believe that large, organized and semi-organized duels between realms is a form of cross-teaming often used for realm point farming (though we know that this is not always the case). Therefore, anything that other players may do to disrupt said duels is neither harassment nor disruption. People from the other two realms are your enemies, and you are free to kill them whenever and wherever you may find them.

Our policy in the past has been fairly hands-off, kill them all and let the release button sort them out

Just something to consider for those that constantly moan about being added to or zerged. Live with it its the way it was meant to be, i quote "kill them all and let the release button sort them out"

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Kalidur said:
Just something to consider for those that constantly moan about being added to or zerged. Live with it its the way it was meant to be, i quote "kill them all and let the release button sort them out"
That is more refering to organised dueling events being ruined by groups who go and farm the soloers. The duelers complain and then mythic say 'well why can't they kill you?' Which is a fair point.

Common curtesy can still exist though, if I see two people fighting and its clear that they are both having a nice fight and are having fun doing so, I will stand by and watch, maybe /cheer at the one I want to win. I do this because 'adding' wont bring me a tremendous amount of enjoyment but it would effectively ruin it for those two players. I consider that manners, I wont expect it but I will respect people who act in the same manner towards me and my fights.

This is just a game, I do not actually gain anything if I see a Mid and a Hib fighting and the Mid wins, even though he is my realm mate. So why can't I just see every person that I run into as a player who, like me, is just looking for some enjoyment and not an enemy who must be trampled repeatedly until he logs?

Ashton

Loyal Freddie
I totally agree with what Blitheringidiot said.

Kalidur can't u just let this go now? We all know your stance on this matter and accept that u get enjoyment from killing any enemy in any scenario for the ''good of the realm''. I agree with what u are saying regarding ppl who complain when they are ''added on'', as i too think it sux when ppl say stuff like ''ffs dont add noob'' etc etc (everybody is free to play the game as they wish, be that ''adding'' on every fight they see or whatever else they want to do [within the coc])

Just accept that some ppl enjoy soloing as much as u like grouping and let them get on with it, and try to understand that such ppl think u ''spoiling'' their ''duel'' is just as lame as u find their complaints about it afterwards...
...as u point out adding on a duel is not against the coc, but neither is complaining about it, which seems to be the basis of your arguments.

Not to mention that seems u have totally missed the point of this statement from mythic being about...
Mythic said:
large, organized and semi-organized duels
...and NOT random solo encounters.

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
Ashton said:
I
Kalidur can't u just let this go now?

to be honest prolly not, not as long as on the BG forums every other day we get a FOA noob adding and what not.

Say just for you i'll stop making new threads and only vent my anger/opinions on the already existed or newly created topics on FOA adding noob, hows that ?

Ashton

Loyal Freddie
well ofc u can do what u like

or u could always ignore such threads if they bother u that much

just a thought :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom