something i found on VajN boards

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
What I dont like about bots is that it's turning the game more and more like EQ. Its kind of like

YOU SUCK? DONT WORRY, WE'LL MAKE YOU BETTER, JUST GIVE US THE MONEY!

I mean, take a look at EQ for a moment. They charge you $50 US to change the name of your character, and $50 US to move a character to another server(they dont even transfer your gear or anything at all). How long will it be before mythic will make you /level 50 characters for $50? Or give you the option to BUY realm points?

EQ keeps pumping out tons of shitty expantion packs, all of which unbalance the game even more and force you to buy them or you get left behind. Now im sure we all have noticed what a shitty condition TOA was in when first released. How long before mythic starts to care more about money than making the game fun?
http://vnboards.ign.com/Camelot_RvR_Forum/b22330/68191103/p8/?183

Origial thread is about the use of buffbots tho, and if there is a good reason to keep them ingame and why mythic refuse to put buff range and so on... read yourself but here is another thing...

So what if you could buy 1 realm rank for 20€ would you do it or change your rrXlX char to prydwen.. Or change first name of the char for irl money.

I would maybe considering moving server but then again if you would loose all Gear it might be even easier to just level the char tho.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
imho EQ has gone much too far with their merchandise stuff. I mean you can buy all sorts of money/gear/chars from private ppl, can move server/name from the game company.

If people can start to buy RR's, it'll be the end of this, cause roaming Invader zergs won't really be funny at all.

You can say about bots what you want, but the crap buff system kinda forces you to use them. Having a nurture druid in a group is crap, because he cannot heal, so well, he has to be buffbot. If nurture druids could actually do something for the group, the situation would be totally different. I mean, the druids primary purpose in RvR is to keep his groupmates alive. I say "keep alive", because healing is not the only way there. If they had ablative or absorb spells with range, they'd be much more of a valuable option in RvR. Same counts ofc for full nature spec druids, which are not really of much use in group RvR (as their smite cleric counterparts)

But then again, if nurture druids were really viable groupmates, Mythic would loose money => the system will stay the same.

Maybe I forgot something, but well, that's how I think about it atm.

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
Z^^ said:
I would maybe considering moving server but then again if you would loose all Gear it might be even easier to just level the char tho.

yer might move a char to pryd then , about the RR for irl money wouldent be that good tbh

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
liloe said:
imho EQ has gone much too far with their merchandise stuff. I mean you can buy all sorts of money/gear/chars from private ppl, can move server/name from the game company.

If people can start to buy RR's, it'll be the end of this, cause roaming Invader zergs won't really be funny at all.

You can say about bots what you want, but the crap buff system kinda forces you to use them. Having a nurture druid in a group is crap, because he cannot heal, so well, he has to be buffbot. If nurture druids could actually do something for the group, the situation would be totally different. I mean, the druids primary purpose in RvR is to keep his groupmates alive. I say "keep alive", because healing is not the only way there. If they had ablative or absorb spells with range, they'd be much more of a valuable option in RvR. Same counts ofc for full nature spec druids, which are not really of much use in group RvR (as their smite cleric counterparts)

But then again, if nurture druids were really viable groupmates, Mythic would loose money => the system will stay the same.

Maybe I forgot something, but well, that's how I think about it atm.

Buffshearing comes in patch 1.69, you will need a nurture druid in grp then.

Lizz

Fledgling Freddie
I like having a bb.
But tbh it is an unbalance mythic easly can fix by range the freaking buffs.
And will i still pay for bb acc? Yes.

behatch

Fledgling Freddie
its not an unblance since almost everyone has a bb or there friend does...ranged buffs would suck imo and its only 9 squids a month which is 2 hours work with min wage ..

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I use a bb, however i would like to see them removed as its not fair when i kill someone in 2 or 3 hits because they are not buffed. I only use it because i know most of the people i meet will also be buffed. nowadays a bb isnt an advantage its a requirement for solo rvr :(

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Fana said:
Buffshearing comes in patch 1.69, you will need a nurture druid in grp then.

show me the stealther with buff shearing =)) no change there and if you mezz fast enough and keep the shearer in action, there will be no shearing at all

or park the buffbot at bolg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom