something funny from VN boards !

Calo

Part of the furniture
Stolen from VN.

Mark: Ok everyone what the hell is going on in this game, customer service is showing a lot of people canceling their accounts.

Matt: Well, it looks like most of the mids and hibs are just whining because we balanced the game so perfectly that they can’t dominate anymore.

Mark: Well we need to fix this problem this is getting out of hand with Albion holding most of the relics. I’m going to leave and when I get back I want some solutions.

{Door closes Mark leaves}

Matt: It’s basically just population balance, look at bors mids they are doing just fine and that’s a perfectly balanced population server. Also Tristan hibs are doing fine and that’s balanced.

Missy: Well that’s not quite right, mids on bors have more people, and so do Tristan hibs.

Matt: What the hell do you know [Missy], you are completely new here, and you better cut out all this negativity if you want to continue working here. Don’t be like Julie and start telling us that we need to buff up mid/hib we all know this game is perfectly balanced its just population.

Matt: Ok anyone have some ideas on how to fix this. Everyone here plays an Albion toon right? Tell me do you feel overpowered?

Sanya: I don’t think hibs or mids have a leg to stand on. Everyone is saying the minstrel im playing is an overpowered class, and I just don’t see it. I think we need to take a look at minstrels again and buff them up some more.

Sr. Programmer1: Nope my sorc seems to be well balanced, my only complaint is those rangers sniping at me, probably need to nerf them.

Programmer2: My theurgist seems well rounded to me.

Progammer3: Well I don’t see what everyone is complaining about scouts for, if the complainers just went around with a shield bot I could never kill them. (pssst hey [Sr. programmer1], you seen my IRS score lately, hahahah I can stand on a level 10 tower and nobody can even touch me. Man this game is so cool, I am glad the boss lets us play sometimes).

Programmer4: My infiltrator is barely competing out there. If it wasn’t for the fact I have a buff bot and great skills I wouldn’t be winning 90% of the time like I do, it would be more like 50% so we are balanced, maybe a longer stun or spec points for us would help some.

Missy: I started playing a bonedancer in the BG's on bors and it looks to me like mids are way overpowered still. We have all 6 relics there.

Matt: Now that’s what I like to hear Missy now your thinking, well that just wont do, letting mids have 6 relics could piss off the albions there. Hmmmm what can we do to solve both these problems.

{Knock Knock at door}

Matt: Come in

Teamlead Coordinator: Uhhh sorry to interrupt but I have the latest team lead reports.

Matt: GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE WITH THOSE! Don’t you know we don’t have time for those right now? We are trying to balance the realm if you can't see that.

Matt: Wait a sec [teamlead coordinator], go through those and pull out the Albion teamlead reports I will look at those tonight. Now get out of here we are busy.

{Door shuts teamlead coordinator leaves in tears}

Matt: Geez what a waste of good money hiring that position. If we have a budget crunch I swear the [teamlead coordinator] slot should be the first to go.

Sanya: Well, we need to let the player community think we are looking at their concerns, just like the feedback forum. Need to give them somewhere to whine to.

Matt: Hey [Jeff Customer Service] you ever get the feedback to route the emails correctly?

Jeff Customer Service: Nope they all seem to just disappear. But I can’t be bothered with that right now; I’m still trying to find those radaring hibs/mids. Soon as I track them down im going to ban them, im lucky I don’t have to look at the Albion realms, im so glad that Albion players don’t use radar, just those evil hibs/mids, I should just ban them all.

Sanya: Maybe sometime before Christmas you can get a programmer to take a look at fixing it so I can read a few? Right now I have to make them up for the weekly grab bag and im running out of ideas.

Matt: Nah that’s not a real priority, maybe after we straighten out this mess and release our next expansion. I have 3 or 4 chars worth of new abilities for the new expansion, but only 1 new Albion toon to give it to. I’m running out of time so I will probably just put them all in one spec line like I did with sorcs and be done with it, that seems to work well.

Sr. Programmer1: Hey while we just sitting here how about I show you all my awesome skills, Look how I can kill 1fg solo with my sorc, damn I'm good.

{Everyone gathers round the computer to watch}

Matt: Damn {Programmer1} you are good, I’m surprised you can do that with such a nerfed class like a sorc, you must really know your stuff.

{1 hour later}

{Door opens Mark walks in}

Mark: Ok, how we going to fix these problems.

Sanya: I GOT IT, what we need to do is make them stop complaining. And right now it’s all about the relic count. So what if we changed it where relics don’t move very often. That way they will all have equal amounts of relics and it will look completely balanced, Just like we designed it.

Matt: Great any ideas to solve the population problems?

Sanya: Well we could also give them some free xp to lower levels in under populated realms.

Matt: We need to put some restrictions on that so it doesn’t get out of hand. How about free 1 level per week? And they only get a level if they gain 1 level, if they get 2 levels that week then no free level for them.

Sanya: Should we only give it to under populated realms?

Matt: No that would be fair to Albion since they overpopulate all the servers but a couple. How about moving it to once every 2 days for under populated realms and 1 every week for Albion.

Mark: Ok great lets write up memo's Matt put one out with the details tomorrow. Great work all these were wonderful ideas.

let the flaming begin :flame:

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, right, I feel like sooooo over powered, nerf me please. :rolleyes:

(yes that was what we call sarcasm).

bult

Loyal Freddie
Not exactly original but atleast its abit more creative then clueless whine usually is ;p

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
After reading that post i realized that my wizard needs a nerf.....

seriously....

:eek7:

liloe

It's my birthday today!
yer, read that on vn =) pretty fun to read =)

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
obviously a dumbass that wasted a our or so of his life typing out a fun (but clearly idiotic) post... and im betting he was a mid or hib :)

and then if all the dumbass mids/hibs in usa took there head out of there asses. they will see it is a population issue and not a "alb is overpowered issue" anybody who says alb is overpowered imo is a newb and dont know fuck all about the game :)

over on usa seems biggest zerg wins. nothing to do with game class imbalance.

not seen how albs do in rvr with alll the new ra's in 8v8's but i cant imagine them being much better than we are now (barring relics). due to hib/mid having there own versions of the same ra's we get. but they on the same classes as pre-nf

p.s by biggest zerg wins i mean in collections of relics. and large scale fights... and the biggestzerg ussually always wins on excal anywyas in running emain fights.

population wise i know alb have more . but not as large as used to be. rp per week per realm is pretty even (even tho alb ussually has the biggest zerg in emain).

just gonan sit back , hope we excal albs get relics and thn sit back and enjoy them while i can. cos we all know excal albs are lazy and dont like defending keeps n shit :(

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
All that NF will bring to Excal is server crashes.
Mid population is allmost identitical to Albion, and certainly more than willing to show up (I will leave the time out of the thread this time). We saw what happend when Albs show up in numbers, and equal numbers of Mids come to defend...
I think we will never experience any overpopulation issues, as long as those retarded fotm realm hoppers stick to their for once. They moved from Albion to Midgard, and even if you hate it cause all the people act like Nolby Pricks, you have to stay there now. Don't chance realm again cause you think Albion will be ruling...
Regards, Glottis

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I dont think we will have to much trouble on excal due to population, the same as we dont really have a problem now, sure the zerg is out every night but that can be handled with far less numbers. we would be fucked if albs started optimising thier SC outfits and group set ups though :(

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
Midgard&Hibernia said:
Well, it looks like most of the mids and hibs are just whining because we balanced the game so perfectly that they can’t dominate anymore.

Smilewhenyousaythat

Fledgling Freddie
Because at the moment its all down to the l33t mid/hib skills - cos all the best players went there and all the idiots went to Alb.

Amazing how those idiots are now wiping the floor with mid/hib in the US - maybe the mids left their 'madskills' on the bus that day?

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
my biggest concern is still the LA nerf, we needed a nerf but there is a golden line in the middle between overpowered and useless.
the reason i call it useless is becos an inf hits just as hard, sligthly weaker or slightly harder (depends on the inf) than me even when we got the str relics.

360 buffed str, 39LA and 45sword using Battler/Traitor's Dagger so im not gimped either, so my opinion is that LA got slammed too hard.
if str relics actually made a difference in RvR for the albs (if they couldnt compete melee like mids without them) then maybe albs would try harder to get those relics ^^

that's my opinion, im not saying albs are overpowered or hibs for that matter, but i am saying that LA got nerfed too hard.

Valeres

Fledgling Freddie
wow that was actually very not funny at all .. minstrels could need some love really, more spec points would be nice :m00:

Horsma

Fledgling Freddie
Bloodaxe_Springskalle said:
my biggest concern is still the LA nerf, we needed a nerf but there is a golden line in the middle between overpowered and useless.

360 buffed str, 39LA and 45sword using Battler/Traitor's Dagger so im not gimped either, so my opinion is that LA got slammed too hard.

Even my norse skald has more str than your norse light tank. Your weapon skill sucks big time too cause your shitty spec, so dont tell that you arent gimped. :eek:

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Horsma said:
Even my norse skald has more str than your norse light tank. Your weapon skill sucks big time too cause your shitty spec, so dont tell that you arent gimped. :eek:

I think he was talking about his SB, not his zerker.

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
I dont think we will have to much trouble on excal due to population, the same as we dont really have a problem now, sure the zerg is out every night but that can be handled with far less numbers. we would be fucked if albs started optimising thier SC outfits and group set ups though :(

I'm refering to the occasions that Albs tried to retake the relics during prime time after yet another morning raid by the Mids.
Servers would crash each time, as 300 Albs was perfectly matched by 300 Mids (and 80 or so Hibs trying to get some rp's).
It happend so often, Herbal decided to give up on those kind of announced raids.
Specially at the start of NF I think everybody will be out in force, playing with the new stuff :)
Regards, Glottis

Calo

Part of the furniture
funny that 80% of the alb's don't see that this is joke...

i really hitted a weak spot i think :(

Exile

Banned
Only bothered reading half of it, just typical VN Hib/Mid bollocks.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Aussie said:
cougar make summary

cougar dont seem to be online today, i just hope he is ok and nothing serious has happend :(

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Aussie said:
cougar make summary

may I try?

It's about Mythic developers, saying that alb needs more love and hib/mid more nerf. To hide it all get free levels, but this system still gives advantages to Alb.

Think that's short and hits the point =)

Oh and ofc what we alrdy knew, Mythic gives shit about the TL reports (but that's obvious if you look at patch reactions :p )

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
my summary:

WAAH WAAHAH AWAAAH I CANT PWN THE ALB SHEEP ANYMORE WAAAAH THE DEVELOPPERS MSTU B BIASD! WAHHH!!!!! MARK JACOBS IS AN ALB IRL!!!! MEH!!!!! ALBS HAVE WIZARDS! THYE MUST BE MYTHICS LOVE CHILD!

given you can find a "Mythic plays <realm of your choice> they hate <other realm of your choice>" for any realm combination on just about every page of the Fans round table going back the past three years (they probably posted those in beta, hell I expect some feedback on the preview screenies when it was in alpha had a "mythic hates albion/hibernia/midgard!" in some form or another) do we really need to have them quoted here too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom