Something for all three realms to try

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killswitch

FH is my second home
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=203177

Not sure if it will work or not, but I think everyone agrees that we could use some more competitive 8v8 groups running on Cluster. If we can get 1-2 new groups per realm, RvR could get a lot more exciting.

What do people think? Stupid idea? I know this kind of thing is mostly done on IRC/MSN and not on FH, but the point is to get some people from the "Serious but Zergy" RvR into 8v8.

Illtar

Fledgling Freddie
Killswitch said:
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=203177

Not sure if it will work or not, but I think everyone agrees that we could use some more competitive 8v8 groups running on Cluster. If we can get 1-2 new groups per realm, RvR could get a lot more exciting.

What do people think? Stupid idea? I know this kind of thing is mostly done on IRC/MSN and not on FH, but the point is to get some people from the "Serious but Zergy" RvR into 8v8.

we need to get back to people running full groups in general.

AND

back to 8vs8 ppl respecting soloers, and soloers respecting 8vs8ers..

Right now every group zergs down soloers, and in turn soloers dont mind adding on the full groups.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
give it a go and I hope you fill your slots! I totally agree with Illtar.

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Illtar said:

AND

Right now every group zergs down soloers, and in turn soloers dont mind adding on the full groups.
I'll admit I find soloing frustrating, but a good fight or two in a night is worth a few lots of being zerged by RP-horny FGs. Plus there are a few groups around who leave soloers (sometimes at least).

It works both ways though...for as long as I can remember I've seen 'proper' 8v8 groups camping MGs and bridges, bombing doors, chasing and zerging soloers, farming towers, zerg-surfing and general whoring RPs for themselves at the expense of the Warder/Brehon/Skilvakten zerg. I doubt anyone ever made RR10 just from 8v8s.

Because of the culture of not inviting people to groups for RvR and the fixation with the perfect setup, the only defence for low-RR players is to run with a zerg. This wasn't a huge problem in OF, but in NF the rise of the tower and keep taking action has given the zerg a purpose other than to be RP-fodder for the GGs. Nothing wrong with that, it's how the game is designed. It makes it harder for the 8v8ers to find fights though, since their only choices are to hunt for full group fights or to attack vastly superior numbers at a very defensible position (ie a keep or tower).

I've seen some extremely lame stuff recently, especially from Hib but I'm sure all realms do it. 2fgs of decent-RR hibs camping the Berks door for hours, not to mention the ridiculous reliceness of the whole thing.

I mentioned a long time ago that I believed that if the 'real' 8v8 guilds wanted someone to fight in a years time, it might be a good idea for them to make more of an effort to bring new blood into the 8v8 scene. I don't think that's really happened, players have left and been replaced by other high-RR players from different RvR guilds or rerollers from high-RR guilds on other realms and servers. Of course people want to play with their mates and with people they know are reliable and good players. It isn't the job of the high-RR players to 'train' people. That is why I'm trying to offer an alternative.

Of course, the motives are also selfish. I want good RvR and after 3 years of playing, this seems like my last chance to in a 'proper' 8man RvR group.

kivik

Part of the furniture
Illtar said:

AND

that's actually funny coming from someone douing to zerg down soloers in the morning, twat.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Illtar said:

AND

And world piece ! and no more hunger in the world !!

people should accept they are just a pawn in the greater war.

any quarter given is an exception, not the rule. be thankfull if you get any, don`t moan and whine when you die in an rvr zone.

If the text above someones head is red, it means it is free game. unless you feel really soft of heart, the natural thing is to kill the enemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom