Something cool.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Honestly, this has to be the coolest thing ever around. Anyone and everyone wants to do it after hearing about it. If you don't, just ask your friends and if you do, just tell them too.

This is how easy it is for young kids to get addicted to drugs, talk to them.

Discuss.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
i wouldnt say that is accurate for everyone. while some kids are weak, naive and fall for preer preasure not all do.

and an opposite argument, just because i want to -

i would say that is accurate and fair to say. kids easily fall for things because they arnt developed enough to make proper descisions.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
My nephew is 17 and used to be on drugs. There´s no damn fooking way of even remotely getting through their thick skull at that stage. Both, my sister and me tried our best with the result that the little bleeder ran away and spend even more money on drugs.
About the only thing you can do (from my experience) is to tell them that they´re doing something wrong and tell them that you´ll be there if they fall. But since you can´t stop them, they need to slip, land on their butts and come crawling back. They need to be at the bottom in order to realise what they´re doing. Just like a smoker won´t stop smoking unless he himself wants to.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Its hard to talk to teenagers when they just stomp off and lock themselves in a room tbh... Best leave them a note imo.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
you can tell them till your blue in the face, give them information and teach them to be strong at the end of the day theyre going to be on their own when the big choice comes so you just got to hope you got a strong kid, tbh after seeing stuff on the news about people dying after dropping 1 E that did the trick but some people arnt as easly disuaded.

i dont think you can stop them, you say not to do something and they're going to do it (i did lol) and hopefully something will happen to scare them a little and they will learn from they're mistakes, or if your really lucky the kids will learn from someone elses mistakes.

Amildin

Can't get enough of FH
Teach kids everything is ok in moderation, and that you can try everything once over age of 16. 18 too much and teens get bored, whereas doing anything but cannabis + alcohol is just wrong under 16 imho.

The bollocks taught in schools doesnt help at all, drift far too far on the scare tactics. If you have one spliff thou shalt hallucinate and stick scissors in your neck!

Trust is a key issue, a teen always knows best, so if you tell him/her not to do it. He says, I know better ill go give it a try. State what you think of them then leave it, if you suspect them do not accuse. Get proof then have a little chat.

If its their own money they're buying it with you cant stop them.

Hopefully with a good upbringing they will go to uni with a good understanding of drugs and not get thrown in the deep end.

Rhori

Fledgling Freddie
old.Tohtori said:
Honestly, this has to be the coolest thing ever around. Anyone and everyone wants to do it after hearing about it. If you don't, just ask your friends and if you do, just tell them too.

This is how easy it is for young kids to get addicted to drugs, talk to them.

Discuss.
bollocks.

I'm 15, I have friends who use drugs.Last year at a party they were smoking some and wanted me to give it a go. But I refused, even though they told me to try it.

So it ain't that easy for "young" kids to get addicted. It's more of what that kid wants. And yes you have some who are easily persuaded, but if they are, then talking with them about it won't work, since they'll be persuaded again.

tris-

yes rhori you are right. but do you also see the other side of the coin aswell? the opposite argument to yours?

Rhori

Fledgling Freddie
tris- said:
yes rhori you are right. but do you also see the other side of the coin aswell? the opposite argument to yours?
well yeah, ofcourse you'll have people round my age who are persuaded into it, but then it's their enviroment that matters.

Rhori said:
bollocks.

I'm 15, I have friends who use drugs.Last year at a party they were smoking some and wanted me to give it a go. But I refused, even though they told me to try it.

So it ain't that easy for "young" kids to get addicted. It's more of what that kid wants. And yes you have some who are easily persuaded, but if they are, then talking with them about it won't work, since they'll be persuaded again.
this post made me Scrounging Bastard :D

tris-

grats me too.

i had chances to start smoking weed at 11, but i waited 7 years!

noblok

Part of the furniture
I've never wanted to try drugs, I don't want to lose control over myself. The fact that I could do things while not being aware of them, but still being responsible for the consequences doesn't appeal much to me :).

I've never been offered to take drugs either, but then again I don't go out :D.

Edit: These kids can be persuaded, but they aren't forced, in the end it's their own fault for not being strong enough to say "no".

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
tested it once didnet like it .... *end of story* :m00:

Himse

FH is my second home
strange, but ive never been offered drugs in southend :\ wouldnt take em either

Vladamir

FH is my second home
tris- said:
grats me too.

i had chances to start smoking weed at 11, but i waited 7 years!

I waited a few years, tried it once, was alright, never really was fussed about doing it again.

Alcohol on the other hand... :D

Faelinor

Fledgling Freddie
erm, to be honest to get totally addicted to drugs you need to have fuck all will power. i really cant understand it when people blabber on about this peer pressure bollocks. for fucks sake, if you don't want to take drugs, dont accept them! im 17, and have been smoking cannabis for a good cupple of years. during this time i have been offered amphetamines, ecstacy, heroine, cocaine, MDMA (pure shit in ecstacy) and so on, not once have i accepted them. but for fucks sake, you can't get addicted to drugs unless there is initial intent on taking them in the first place! ie your not going to get hooked on crack if someone sets you a pipe.

although after ranting all this shit, i probably an mentally addicted to cannabis by now so ya know .. :|

Chap

Loyal Freddie
Problem isnt that its easy to persuade kids/teenagers. The problem is that the marked is flooding with cheap crap. 5 years back a teenager couldnt afford a single g, now its so cheap everyone has access to it. Even the smallest village has their own pusher. (in Denmark that is)
Smooking abit of weed once in a while isnt the problem. All the amph, ecstacy and meth is killers.
Doesnt take much to create an adiction. Dont have a solution for this but hopefully the governments have one.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
cant remember who said it but someone a few posts back said that peer pressure was a load of crap, just a wee snippit from my past but i was at a party (was about 17 at the time) and someone was passing a joint about, i dont do drugs not being snotty or anything just dont like them (father did loads and i grew up with the belief that if i did drugs i'd end up like him) i said i didnt want any and didnt take it when the guy tried to pass it to me, he got really mad and started yelling and having a go at me all the crap like "aw so you think your better than me eh?" and that crud, anyhoo luckily the guy whos party it was his uncle came and told the guy to piss off or he'd wallop him and if i didnt want to smoke i didnt have to.

now it was easy for me to turn it down because people yelling in my face and getting violent doesnt make me buckle (it upsets me but it makes me more stubbern) but if i was a little different i'd have taken the joint just to shut him up.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Where do all you lucky gits live to get offered all this stuff???

Karl

Fledgling Freddie
i have grown up being exposed to drugs since i was 16ish...

when i was first involved in the culture i experimented with some, Extasy, Coke, Mushrooms (only illegal recently), Cannabis.... Etc.

That was on a irregular basis for about 6 months, since that time, 4/5 years now, i have only really smoked cannabis which seems to do nothing at all to me (except get me stoned ofc)

I could have and have seen people fall into the trap of drugs, its not pretty, but it does happen, but different people deal with it in different ways...

I said no to taking harder drugs, others can and do. Unfortunatly others get a bit more hooked on the stuff... my friends now use some drugs, soft, and hard on occasion, i never do the harder stuff... they do, but are not addicted to it.

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
well when i was 14 all my best m8s started getting in to hash / weed...wasnt too bad but i never touched the stuff, never smoked either... but thats just me...i am a very observant person and when i lose control of that and dont know wats going on..i just h8 that :twak:
so i refused all the shit and still hung around with them, i would support any1 that needed it etc and 1 guy tbh which i was closest with i would of gladly got i a huge open fight for if he needed help and have done ...
2 out of 13 of my m8s do some sort of drug...but i would never let them touch the crazy shit like ectasy. i have even hit 1 of my m8s ( not too hard ofc :p) to stop them from taking ectasy and he knew i meant well and it just knocked him out of the short phase.

so basically tbh, its not down to willpower imo, its down to what the kid wants really..
altho smoking is what peeps do to fit in..drugs is just for laughs/entertainment (round here)

Rhori

Fledgling Freddie
evzy said:
Where do all you lucky gits live to get offered all this stuff???
I live in Holland don't know where the others live though..

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Rhori said:
I live in Holland don't know where the others live though..

Sounds like Karl is Oirish , as Mussys only recently got banned by the incredible Bulk ( Mary Harney).

Karl

Fledgling Freddie
[SS]Gamblor said:
Sounds like Karl is Oirish , as Mussys only recently got banned by the incredible Bulk ( Mary Harney).

Home Countys boy here! Hampshire & Twinings for the win!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom