Something a little different

gimpchimp

Fledgling Freddie
I'm a big believer in planning ahead. For this reason, I am planning my main for when my Necromancer hits level 50 and I'm planning to go with... an Inconnu Mercenary.

I'm just wondering whether anyone might have any input on my choice of template, etc.

Dual Wield - 50
Thrust - 42
Parry - 39

Obviously, the big concern with an Inconnu Mercenary is the lack of Strength and Constitution in the lower levels, but I'll be looking to combat that with items that I can get using my farmer, Gimpchimp.

Any input from current Inconnu Mercenaries on where the best places are to hunt as a Mercenary would be greatly appreciated.

Elvo^Rylu

Fledgling Freddie
Go slash or crush so you can use Battler/Malice.

Go 50 DW/50 weo/rest parry(23 orso)

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
If you really want to plan ahead I propose you get a caster instead for NF... :D

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Elvo^Rylu said:
Go slash or crush so you can use Battler/Malice.

Go 50 DW/50 weo/rest parry(23 orso)

yawn fotm boring spec (cept you get 28 parry if you go 50/50 incidentally)

nowt wrong with 50/42/39 spec, more of a pve one than an RvR one (as parry still isn't all that useful in RvR... I guess for soloing it's nice)

Personally I hate the thrust line ;) so I'd actually agree with Elvo's comment of go slash/crush

One thing you might wanna consider is putting 23 in shield or so for NF so you have a better guard for all the arrows flying around (and a rear stun style) but don't rely on swapping it in and out during a fight as it's a pain to do.

Eof

Fledgling Freddie
Soloing in RvR isnt a problem with high parry and lower base weapon spec, least not in my experience.

gimpchimp

Fledgling Freddie
The point in taking 50/42/39 is that I can make up Thrust/Slash/Crush and Parry with items. Sure, I won't get the last couple of weapon spec styles but I'd be using DW most of the time anyway.

I'm not looking at heavy RvR as I don't want to burn out before WoW rolls around.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
50+11 does more damage/has more weaponskill than 42+11 so you will lose out on some damage, but you do get more parry.

If you go 32 parry you can get 23 shield -
Fing's spec was 42 slash 50 dw 32 parry 23 shield for a while, tis nice to be able to play defensively if ye get bored :)

HerculesPluto

Fledgling Freddie
hoho its greasy! old school dude, still remember him lvling his cleric back in the day when smite ruled emain

arawem

Loyal Freddie
LOL and what u plan to do with the waste of points in int, ur never ever going to use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom