Something a little different .... Balor raid! Saturday! Details inside

RandomDotCom

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, so, as far as i know, this has never been successfully completed on excal, so here it is

Date and time!:

Saturday the 20th of August @ 7pm gmt/8pm cet

Meeting place:

Aalid feie in Shrouded Isles.
Directions:
Basically, go to Domnann, go to the stable master at the back of the town, Horse to Aalid Feie and go all the way.

Battlegroup holder:

I haven't decided yet but it will probably be my blademaster (Wert). There is a lot of MLxp available in this dungeon so come for that too.

Lotto and items:

No idea on specifics of what drops in here, all i know is that balor drops a rather cool sword. A lot of drops are rogs but i will do bg loot anyway. I'll keep rogs until inventory full. If anyone WANTS the rogs, feel free to pm me asking for them. Don't ask for them all, ask for specifics. Eg. /send randomdotcom i would like XYZ rapier please. Randomdotcom replies: here, take them all.
I really cannot be arsed to hold onto rogs, if you want them, take them.
Keys are dropped on this raid, but PLEASE do not keep them if you get them. They are vital to completing the raid. They open the doors to get to Balor.
All items are (as usual) lotto'd IF they are set drops (this includes and 99% set drops) MP's and anything else that drops that are lotto worthy (not sellable loot) will be lotto'd.
The lotto will be /random 1000, lowest to win

Running the Raid and Rules:

This dungeon is extremely dangerous, and believe me when i say that even the SLIGHTEST mistake, can cause the wipe of 2fgs near the start of the dungeon.
1) I am the one leading the raid, so you will follow me, and only me. People who stray or run off ahead time and time again will forfeight their lotto. I WILL NOT tolerate people that put the raid at risk. This isn't an ml raid where people can run off ahead to the next step and so on.
2) The dungeon is large and complex, it will be easy to get lost if you stray from the rest of the raid. People who do stray, and die, will be given 1 rezz. After that you are gone.
3) People who linkdead will be given 3-5 minutes, depending on how generous i am feeling. Persistant LD's are ask to make sure they have the following settings:
/effects none
No names (apart from enemies)
clip plane SHORT
no shadows
SI client (or classic client) if your pc has trouble with enchanced gfx.

4) I would ask that mainly 50's turn up, however i will allow for 45+ as this dungeon is EXCELLENT exp. This doesn't mean bring your lowbies for free exp, i would prefer if you bring your mains. Do tell your guild though, if there is a toon in there that doesn't have a 50, they are quite welcome to come along.
5) Rezz the dead. It is going to be a hard battle after the first boss, so we need to make sure that everyone is alive and able to hit (even if they are rs)
6) Please refrain from afk to watch tv, movies etc. If you need to afk for food, toilet, drinks, illegal substances, sex. That's fine. Just don't take too long over it.

Groups:

I would ask that all groups consist of:
1 Tank (Guardian starting class)
1 Healer (Naturalist starting class)
1 Caster (Magician starter class or animist)

All other slots fill up accordingly. Don't make a grp out of healers.... You can't heal the mobs to death. Try and keep the groups balanced. Stealthers are secondary tanks. Please don't dismiss them and not give invites. They will be a vital part of the success of the raid. Especially rangers.

ML abilities and skills wanted on raid:

I want to see wardens here. Their pbt will be essential for keeping death tolls to a minimum. Also, ml5 battlemasters are also wanted, but not essential. The aoe essence proc will help with the agro (most of it is purple to 50).

Fops and heal fonts:
Please don't all go and cast fop. This is pointless. 2 or 3 fops and 2 or 3 heal fonts per big fight session. Don't all use your fonts, they could be vital to the life of the raid if you can cast them at a later point.

Tanks and Guard or Protect:
Pb'ers want guard. If you are a shield tank, make sure that your main caster (a pb'er or other aoe class) is well Guarded. This obviously prevents them from dying and losing vital dps on the raid.
Please put protect on your healers. We don't want them getting unwanted agro from healing the tanks a lot.

Tanks and what styles to use:
CD blademasters:
Side chain, taunt, anytime "Hurricane" chain
S/S blademasters:
Slam, taunt, side chain, behind chain (if possible)

LW champs:
Behind stun style, side chain, taunt
S/S champs:

Hybrid Hero:
Slam, taunt ONLY (try not to swap to LW unless you know your guarded caster is safe)
LW hero:
Behind stun, taunt, side chain
s/s hero:

Casters and what spells to use:

I would ask that ALL casters use their highest damaging spells (pb, bolts, gtaoe whatever.) This place has FAST mob spawn. Killing the mobs as fast as possible will be the key to success. Remember to use debuffs that are aoe only. Don't waste your power on single debuffing everything.
Debuffs include:
disease (mana eld spec);
s/c (mana eld spec);
d/q (light eld spec);
attack speed debuff (light chanter spec);
If you know any others, feel free to use them. If your class focuses on single debuffs (void eld, mana chanter) you can use these. Just try not to burn too much power on debuffs when you can be doing damage.

Killing the bosses:

Bosses are shit hard. The first boss CAN be killed with a balanced fg, however, it is very hard as he has some funky skills. So, this is how bosses will be killed:

Firstly we will set up font of power, font of healing, stormlord wards and any other buffing ml skills. Animists will shroom to MAX. A ranger will first pull adds (mobs not close to the main boss mob), these will drop easily. Tanks will attempt to hold agro while casters nuke the mobs. Casters DO NOT use more than 50% power on adds! This is vital in case we get agro. The mobs are all very high con, hit like brick shithouses and have funky skills. Boss 1 has bladeturn. That's all i can comment on.

Final notes:

Killing balor will be a bastard. He is level 81 and can kill most characters in 1 or 2 hits. He has loads of cool skills (such as eye laser) which casts THROUGH walls and will 1 shot all casters in range. I will figure out a method of killing when we get there. But you can be sure that this raid is going to take time! If you don't have patience you shouldn't bother coming.
I want minimum 8-10fg for this (and no, im not joking) otherwise it is pointless to even try. Lots of tanks please!

I hope to see you there.

Side notes:

Balor and Tur Suil Dungeon information can be found at the allakazam website. All KNOWN drops are listed. There are many bosses in tur suil that drop goodies, so feel free to look it up.

Donledirse

Fledgling Freddie
I'll come along, been a while since I got thrown into walls by Balor :)

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
haha 8-10 fgs r u of noob or what? cn be done with 2 balanced fgs...

and tbh waste of time since he or anything else in the dungeon drops jack shit thats worth mentionen.. mby evil eye, thats all..

EDIT: first line was meant like a joke but might come out harsh, but 8-10fg? :m00:

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
EC raid at 7pm saturday - but if were quick.. and your slow starting - can hopefully come

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
RandomDotCom said:
I will figure out a method of killing when we get there.

hmm you making a raid without a slightess(sp?) clue how to kill Balor? and you give such strong directions to groups & chars how to play their classes :cheers: when main thing is knowing how to kill Balor.. :confused:

RandomDotCom

Fledgling Freddie
Stallion said:
hmm you making a raid without a slightess(sp?) clue how to kill Balor? and you give such strong directions to groups & chars how to play their classes :cheers: when main thing is knowing how to kill Balor.. :confused:

the only suggestions i have found online about killing him are:
1) zerg
2) zerg
3) legion sized zerg
or
4) zerg

i wanted to think of something a little more strategy based. As i haven't got full details about what his abilities are i can't form a proper strategy.

RandomDotCom

Fledgling Freddie
Stallion said:
haha 8-10 fgs r u of noob or what? cn be done with 2 balanced fgs...

and tbh waste of time since he or anything else in the dungeon drops jack shit thats worth mentionen.. mby evil eye, thats all..

EDIT: first line was meant like a joke but might come out harsh, but 8-10fg? :m00:

err, ok, and you never heard of fun? carry on with your set rvr grps staj.

I am going on info i have found pre-toa ... i will ofc TRY with less than 8-10fg but the main purpose of this raid is fun and bringing the community together.

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Least I've done Balor with was 1 fg ( pre MW nerf). But he was doable with about 3 fg, not using MW.
Today i'd say he's very easy if you have 2 fg with ~4 ani's.

Danita

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
RandomDotCom said:
err, ok, and you never heard of fun? carry on with your set rvr grps staj.

I am going on info i have found pre-toa ... i will ofc TRY with less than 8-10fg but the main purpose of this raid is fun and bringing the community together.

then I fully understand it.. !

RandomDotCom

Fledgling Freddie
Reno said:
Least I've done Balor with was 1 fg ( pre MW nerf). But he was doable with about 3 fg, not using MW.
Today i'd say he's very easy if you have 2 fg with ~4 ani's.

Danita

maybe (what's MW btw)

But that's just to kill balor. We also have to massacare our way through lots of agro and farm the keys ... i also want to kill mobs that aren't part of the raid to get to balor, such as the queen

and yes, it is probably very easy with 4 ani's, but if you are only running 2fg, where is the rest of the realm involved?

There is a lot of seperation in the realm atm, doing what i can to bring it closer together.

eSo

Can't get enough of FH
i'll try to make it, but if not, i'm offering 6p for the remains!

eSo

Can't get enough of FH
PS: we did balor pre-toa with 1.5 fg ish. were TD's tho, so that equals (according to all the zerg whines) about 5 fg.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
wouldnt panic too much about the getin to balor, a pretty standard pre-ToA exp group of 45+ can pretty much get most of the way, 2 tanks, 2 wardens, bard, druid, 2 PBs..aahhhh...i remember the days. double 6 sec PBT runnin ftw ;)

Bertram

Fledgling Freddie
Sounds like fun :D I was running a balor raid for some time ago with 3 fgs and we did pretty good :) we died in the end tho but still .. we did good , so if you can get 5-6 fgs we will with nps figt our way in to that fat mofo :cheers:

I will be there if i can make it ;)

Bertram.....

A proud member of sabre (Coffee is not a bad thing) (Even not in VERY huge ammounts) !

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
@OP for most things 1-8 anis > pve. The dragon is one of the few exceptions, just need 3fg raid like the one Tears lead.

You don't need 8-10fg for anything, not even ML4 these days. Hell I bet ml9 pet + verd ani > balor.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
nice tactics, but if you do get that many people you really wont need any tactics at all, seeing as the whole thing could be done with 1 maybe 2 good full groups. Gl though, would be nice if some of the newer people got to see some parts of hib that arent visited anymore.

Lexxus

Fledgling Freddie
balor is a lamer, killed him with 6 ppl on camlann ;) crap drops tho

Drungan

One of Freddy's beloved
RandomDotCom said:
There is a lot of seperation in the realm atm, doing what i can to bring it closer together.

Maybe read what he typed.

Balor Raids was fun in the ole days, sure you can kill him prolly easy with 1-2 grps esp nowadays, wouldn't hurt to give wert maybe some support tho.
The attempt to bring the ppl together is a good thing that is really neede in exc/hib.

If i'd still own a reasonable comp for daoc i would reactivate my accs for the fun of raiding TS. a true classic !

Keep goin on with that sort of raids, wert, and have fun spanking the ugly mug

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom