Someone tell me.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Ok, umm, i don't really know what i mean but...well...

I think what i'm looking for is a reason?

I'm all but a few out of them. Hopefully someone will understand and post something, well, usefull.

Reason to keep going maybe?

Yes i'm rambling...i know bloody well.

Past year has been, not nice, even if better then last, but not nice.

Umm...divercing...why should one keep going if there's no reason to keep going? Yeah , that'll do.

Or...in more accurate terms...should i just "keep at it as i have all the time", immortality and all :D

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Fuck off with the philosophical questions - they make my head hurt! :D

I've noticed what your problem is - you always make philosophical/ethical/'i don't know the word for it' threads when it's late! Go to bed earlier and your life will be perfect!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
You don't have to answer ;)

It's not a problem, my brain just kicks in later.

What i'm really looking for is a reason to go, drive, when there's no drive. You know?

Mey

Part of the furniture
I often ask myself this then think, whats the reason not to go on?

You've got nothing to lose and everything to gain.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I often ask myself this then think, whats the reason not to go on?

You've got nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Too true really.

There's no reason not to go on, and as such, worlds ze oyster.

Maybe i'm looking for some outside view, to see what other peopel have found as "strength"(don't take it literally).

Mey

Part of the furniture
I guess my drive is stuborness, I get an idea and won't let it go till I have achieved it. I'm also very proud, which I guess helps.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I guess my drive is stuborness, I get an idea and won't let it go till I have achieved it. I'm also very proud, which I guess helps.

Hmm. Interesting.

Not in a "oh you're like this" way, but in a "maybe i'm missing something" way.

Have to think a bit more but honestly, thanks, much helpful.

I don't say it alot, but i say it when it's due, thank you.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Somewhat related but the story line behind FF9 is something that I think many can relate to as to 'what they find in life.'

The impending doom; enjoying your life in a place you call 'home' etc, using life as a way to spend time with those you like.

Death should be something you fear if you are living life as its intended in my opinion.

I'm rambling on about random stuff - that's what a night of FF9 does to you :) (srsly, such an awesome game).

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
might as well, probably more fun than being dead

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
YouTube - the reason ?

sorry no help i know but I couldnt resist.............on a darker note dont know what to say man....reason is different for everyone so its near impossible for me or ayone else to tell you yours so i wont waste you time...well not any more at least >.< ........good luck i suppose?

Uara

Part of the furniture

Yeah I'm like that, i'm a stubborn bastard at times, especially if I feel I can acheive whatever it is I've got my eyes on. If I get the feeling that the world is trying to take me down, I just normally think fuck you world, i'm going to do whatever the hell I want and if you think your going to beat me you've got another thing coming.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
just have fun, we are all only subatomical particles anyway

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
That's the thing people, you can't just "have fun". If i did whatever the hell i wanted, i'd be A: out of a job(one atleast) B: Out of an apartment and/or C: in jail.

And this isn't about topping yourself by the way ;)

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
See a counselor, or psychiatrist. Oh, and you might not want my doomed view on things ^^

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
See a counselor, or psychiatrist. Oh, and you might not want my doomed view on things ^^

It's a lot easier to post here, get feedback, then realise something via ball-bouncing thought exchange. Not to mention cheaper :lol:

sayward

Resident Freddy
Probably not much help, but the one time I was nearlly literally over the cliff things got infinitely worse. I don't know what happened adrenalin or something and I had so much grief to deal with around me that 'me' in it all paled into insignificance. Sorry did that make sense? Very difficult to articulate it tho.

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
get someone in your life to live for?for the years i was single i was just trying to find a buzz from doing random crazy shiat and often got thinking the way you do.. nothing meant anything real, i could do anything i wanted but never really found a reason to.

i don't enjoy waking up and going to work, no one does.. but i always look forward to coming home to see my girlfriend, hangout and be with her, telling her stupid stories or random 'facts' on how if you give critters alcohol it burns out their kidneys and they stay drunk for the rest of their lives.. (totally true!:O) i enjoy making her laugh, seeing her happy.. everything makes much more sense when you're with someone (awwwwwwwwwww)

gonna go back to punching holes in walls and eating rocks and other stuff men do.. RRRRRRRRAWR

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
well i guess everyone gets that way at some time in their life, for some it takes longer to get out of it, for some it takes only a little while. and for me the thought that comforted me was that even if i cant find anything that would drive me on there are people around me that have a drive of some kind. and as long as you can change someones life for the better you will have made a difference and you will have had a purpose. when you are gone and someone thinks about you and can say 'him being there really helped me through those times' you will live on in their minds. and therein lies an extension of your current reason for going on - 'immortality'.

because in my eyes, continuing your physical existance is the same as pushing laundry day forward until you are wearing clothes that have been in the dirty clothes basket for a month - sure you are clothed, but noone will like being near you since you fucking stink, and you will smell it yourself. what the hell is the point of being 70 years old and senile and shitting yourself after you eat your pea soup. rather burn out at 40 and be remembered by what you were when you were at the top, rather than the stagnated carcass the soul you used to have inhabited a long time ago.

basically what im saying is if you cant find a reason to keep going try to find someone who your keeping going will help. and if you cant find something to live for, find something you would be ready to die for.
i also have dreams of being immortal. but not being 190 years old and forever young, rather being immortal as the people who died tens, hundreds, thousands of years ago. the people who have become a myth. it doesnt matter how long the man who stepped in front of the tank column in tiananmen square lived after that event. he was ready to die on that second of that minute of that hour of that day. and whatever the authorities did with him afterwards, he would keep on living. if not physically, then in the minds of the people who his action touched.

what i am saying is, that there are many ways to live and to be immortal. time is very relative to me. a 3 second duration of time in which a lot of action is taken has echoes for far longer, than a week long period of just sleeping, eating and shitting. you live when you take action, you dont live when you are in the same fucking routine, doing the same fucking things over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. you live when you are taking action.
i have read about your troubles and depressions regarding work and general living, and i know how hard it can be to change that. and once you do, you will be so happy. you will feel alive again, rather than just 'being here'. and if you dont succeed, if you have to live on welfare and sweep toilets in a haunted dogfood factory at night just to get by, you will again have a drive to get ahead, get back to at least where you started.

what is there to gain by keeping going the way you are? maybe a slim chance of getting ahead in the life you dont like right now?
what is there to gain by taking control, taking action, pursuing change? a new, not necessarily better, but infinitely more fulfilling life. or death by starvation - which would basically mean being back to square one, ending it all, except this time at least you have tried.

...yes i know its a hell of a ramble on mostly unrelated topics but my fucked up brain also kicks in at about 5 am :) and as i heard in a jimi hendrix documentary some time ago 'bluesmen on the whole are preachers at heart - they are very happy to tell you how they live and what they do. if that suits you, fine, but if it doesnt dont come telling me what to do' and im a fucking bluesman. thanks for giving me the opportunity to ramble on

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
I find when i have nothing to strive for i just chase girls till a new hobby comes up. But i'm cold inside and that may not suit everyone

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom