Someone Tell Me How I Should Spec My Thurg!!!

C

crokro

some ppl say it is better 2 have pbt and shit Nukes i think Nukes r better some one tell me how 2 spec it thx.

F

Flimgoblin

45 air, 26 earth, rest of the points in earth or ice.

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by crokro
some ppl say it is better 2 have pbt and shit Nukes i think Nukes r better some one tell me how 2 spec it thx.

Depends abit mate. I've been 26 earth / 45 air a while. Versatile spec, you got a strong DD209 nuke and 10 sec PBT, a crappy AoE-mezz and your regular set of pets.

In the beginning this was a very nice and funny spec, I did great damage, that mezz was great for keeping people mezzed for some time, pets with stun made it quite easy to 'solo' from range combined with root and mezz.

But nowadays it is Dark Age of Tank Alot and the above theurgist-spec is pretty average now. The average Hib has like 55% spirit-resists or more meaning you do pretty sad damage with your nuke. Your mezz is short range and short duration, so you cannot use it to mezz-tanks, they will be mezzed for like 6 seconds. Pets take alot of mana in RvR and in long fights against good groups these pets take so much mana you will be OOM way before the fight is over.

I respecced my theurgist to 35 earth / 41 ice. 8 sec PBT, I can use the baseline DD179 nuke or a crappier snare-nuke, got ice and earth pets (same issues, tho a 30 sec pet on a caster/healer is annoying for him) and I got AoE-root which actually lasts for a while (around 1 minute before resists, determ&resists cut it down to I guess around ~20 secs). Still great versus tank-groups ;)

With that spec your damage against Hibbies is about the same (they got lower cold-resists then spirit-resists on average) but your damage against Mids dives down pretty much. But nowadays you see alot of Mids running around with Augm.healers (probl for resists and celerity) so the air-nuke is becoming less powerful against them. Also shammies have changed abit so you might see active shammies who decided to go 32 Augm. to play more active with DoT/disease/nukes/bolts and you meet lower cold-resists then before on Mids. Time will tell that.

I figured a theurgist is not all about damage and more about utility. I miss my mezz sometimes (Especially against archers, which are breading like there is no tomorrow) but that AoE-root, if used correctly can be a great tool to put those tanks still for a while. The haste-debuff in earth-line still interrupts which is also great utility which you get in both specs you choose.

Earth/Air is cookie-cutter and probably enjoyable in the beginning. But I didn't like it anymore so I respecced.

// EDIT abit for clarity etc

S

stinkie

Re: Re: Someone Tell Me How I Should Spec My Thurg!!!

Originally posted by Puppetmistress
Depends abit mate. I've been 26 earth / 45 air a while. Versatile spec, you got a strong DD209 nuke and 10 sec PBT, a crappy AoE-mezz and your regular set of pets.

In the beginning this was a very nice and funny spec, I did great damage, that mezz was great for keeping people mezzed for some time, pets with stun made it quite easy to 'solo' from range combined with root and mezz.

But nowadays it is Dark Age of Tank Alot and the above theurgist-spec is pretty average now. The average Hib has like 55% spirit-resists or more meaning you do pretty sad damage with your nuke. Your mezz is short range and short duration, so you cannot use it to mezz-tanks, they will be mezzed for like 6 seconds. Pets take alot of mana in RvR and in long fights against good groups these pets take so much mana you will be OOM way before the fight is over.

I respecced my theurgist to 35 earth / 41 ice. 8 sec PBT, I can use the baseline DD179 nuke or a crappier snare-nuke, got ice and earth pets (same issues, tho a 30 sec pet on a caster/healer is annoying for him) and I got AoE-root which actually lasts for a while (around 1 minute). Still great versus tank-groups ;)

With that spec your damage against Hibbies is about the same (they got lower cold-resists then spirit-resists on average) but your damage against Mids dives down pretty much. But nowadays you see alot of Mids running around with Augm.healers (probl for resists and celerity) so the air-nuke is becoming less powerful against them.

I figured a theurgist is not all about damage and more about utility. I miss my mezz sometimes (Especially against archers, which are breading like there is no tomorrow) but that AoE-root, if used correctly can be a great tool to put those tanks still for a while.

Earth/Air is cookie-cutter and probably enjoyable in the beginning. But I didn't like it anymore so I respecced.

Listen to puppet. Shes done pretty much exactly what i plan to do once i sort out a new SC setup for my theurg.

T

tris-

isnt up to the player how you spec? i pay my subs and coudnt give 2 shits if u want me to spec one way when i wanna spec another.

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by n3wbie
isnt up to the player how you spec? i pay my subs and coudnt give 2 shits if u want me to spec one way when i wanna spec another.

He's asking for advice in his topic, so I give him the advice based on my experience as a theurgist.

He's free to spec any way he likes it. If he wants to go 50 ice 20 air I won't stop him ;)

H

hercules-df

the PBT to get to 50, then decide. non pbt thergs dont get grps to much :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom