Someone re-quested my password !!

D

Damon_D

How do I find out who did it , I want to get the bastards , of course the pass was send to my email , but just that someone tried to get it pisses me off. i have send an mail to the e-mail on the mail from goa , and I send a mail to the account@goa... what ever mail , hope they can track donw the feeker

B

BubbleCDR

Dont think you can.
You give your password or account info out to anybody? :):D

D

Damon_D

Nope , but if they had my password why re-quest it ??? someone aparently re-quested my password , how do you go about that ??

B

BubbleCDR

lol havnt got a clue..maybe a gao fuck up?

if so thats #100482726 fuck up they've done so far..

O

old.Xanthian

maybe they hacked ur email acct and requested so they can hack ur acct.
Change ur email and game passwords asap.

N

-Nxs-

If someone knows your sub password - they can request for the game password to be re-sent.

Unfortunatly there is no way to change your sub password

D

dk_flint

check if the request has been made over your customer support account. if its not, its most unlikely that someone hacked anything.

O

old.Zarff

nxs- the sub pw can be changed if u mail goa and ask for it- if u got a good reason for it.

R

rynnor

Its only a matter of mailing subscription@goa to get your password re-sent to your official email - the only reason for another to do this is because they have access to your email and want your passwords - plus once they have your subscription logon they can get your account details and then get your credit card details.

Maybe I'm being paranoid but you might want to inform your credit card company.

J

Jood

I requested a change to my Subs password and goa flat refused, was thinking, is this against EU data protection laws?

A customer not being able to lock down personal data regardless of the reason, anyo experts out there???

D

dk_flint

im too lazy to search for the link right now, but in the CoC mythic states that all characters, equipment or achievements are property of mythic only. so as there is no personal data on your account, i guess it doesn´t break any laws either

J

Jood

Originally posted by dk_flint
im too lazy to search for the link right now, but in the CoC mythic states that all characters, equipment or achievements are property of mythic only. so as there is no personal data on your account, i guess it doesn´t break any laws either

Well rightly or wrongly someone got hold of my Subscription password, this allows them to log on and spend my money by updateing my subs, there is no further means of authentication unless my subs had run out.

Personal data

Name
Adresss
Email

All potentially accesable, no way for me to lock it down, cos goa refuse to let me. Not only could someone view, they can also change.

My fualt or not is besides the point Data Protection is data protection. Right?

Anyway no one has my details afaik but u get the picture.

R

rynnor

Originally posted by Jood
I requested a change to my Subs password and goa flat refused, was thinking, is this against EU data protection laws?

A customer not being able to lock down personal data regardless of the reason, anyo experts out there???

The EU data protection legislation lets you request 'personal details' held about you on a companies systems and if wrong allows you some means to correct it.

This password is not part of your 'personal details' (ie your address,sex,age etc) so no I dont think you have a legal leg to stand on but if you keep pestering/cajoling them I'm sure they'll change it to get rid of you in the end :)

M

Meatballs

The data protection act also means that your information should be stored in a secure manner and only be accessible to people/groups who you have specified on the data commisioners registrar or schummat.

GOA not letting you change subs password isn't secure at all, changing passwords regularly is a pretty big security measure, not changing it all is dispicable :eek:

Then again not sure if it comes under data protection act as such because its a billing thing o_O Still get everyone to rightnow/bitch at GOA subscriptions@goa.com :p

Guess not letting subscription change stops people taking over account completly, so kinda a 2-edged knife anyway :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom