someone help me please...

M

mushroom_god

ok, im not a newbie or anything, and I know enough about computers, but this is one of those rare occasions where I have to ask someone else for help. (its probably really obvious knowing my luck).

I am on an ADSL connection, where my pc connects to a hardware router upstairs cause the whole household is on a lan. I can run my internet fine, MSN works fine, no problem, then I install halflife, patch it up to the latest, install cs, patch it. And it loads up fine. I then get the server list - so far so good.

I try to connect to a server, and it timesout, sometimes it will connect, and it timesout in that. If I try and update the list, the servers come in really slow. Thats if it will even retreve the server list, cause it will timeout.

Then I quit CS, and my whole internet stops working for like 10 or 20 seconds.

If I Wait or reset my pc, it will go back to normal, and I Can do the counter strike thing again, it connects like normal, then it stops like I said above. My pc has no firewall, and the router has the built in nats (or something) firewall bit.

Can anyone help me please, cause I love counter strike, and life isn't worth living if i can't get it to work on my pc.

Rob

T

Tom

Have you tried disconnecting the LAN, and connecting your computer directly to the ADSL connection (as a fault finding measure)

O

old.RedVenom

Someone help him, PLEASE...

Originally posted by mushroom_god
...cause I love counter strike, and life isn't worth living if i can't get it to work on my pc.

I think you have problems with more than just your internet connection with a mindset like that. Can I suggest afull frontal lobotomy to aid you in your quest? You'll never feel the impulse to play CS again... or do much else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom