Someone explain this

O

old.LandShark

What's the source of the post-count-related titles?
I mean... "talks too much" i can see where that's coming from, but what's with the phnaargos and the earther and the brentford and the narghh... explainificate!

S

SFXman

Someone once said they were taken from something... but I can't remember what. Will try find the answer for you using search, hold on a minute.

O

old.LandShark

I'm terrified by the speed of that response.
Search? Gah! Anyone can search, I want a first-hand explanation =p

S

SFXman

Goddamn couldn't find the damn psot anywhere anymore... I remember when someone once said where they were taken from! Someone help us since now I want to know again!

G

gengi

Its obvious

Penge is a place in Essex ? full of white stilletoes and XR3i's
Brentford is according to some the centre of the universe (see Robert Rankin, google search)
Phnaargoss ? (sp) is a corruption of phnarr phnarr of Billy Saunders and his Double Entendres fame
others are self explanatory

If I am wrong Spam Me :D

Later
Gengee

G

gengi

I was wrong

Finnibar Saunders made the double entendres Billy was a footbal playing fish, my memory is shot.
Gengee

edit: ok So they are Robert Rankin references, got Brentford, Penge almost rings a bell, Raiders of the Lost Car Park, or The Greatest Show Off Earth, but Phnaargoss has me stumped unless its the Sprout Planet form the Armageddon series.
p.s shouldn't the forum Deity title then be Gloria Mundi ?

S

SFXman

Right, I have absolutely no idea what you were just talking about gengi, besides something about those books, what about them I have no idea :D
The worst and most confusing part to me was your first line though :eek:

G

gengi

The worst and most confusing part to me was your first line though
Might help to explain the first Line

Its a need to read them to understand kind of thing, also remembering helps, if I was not at work I could look at the books and attempt a touch more lucidity. I get home in a little over 2 weeks if I can remember to look them up i will try to give appropriate references to the actual Robert Rankin books unless of course someone beats me to it.

Later
Gengee

M

matax

Re: Its obvious

Originally posted by gengi
Penge is a place in Essex ? full of white stilletoes and XR3i's

Its in South East London actually. Nasty place - you can't drive an XR3i through there, the wheels would be gone before the lights went green ;)

Edit: And is Phnaargos in Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy ?

O

old.LandShark

Phnaargos is not, as far as I can recall, mentioned in any books of the trilogy in 5 parts ;)
COULD be in Mostly Harmless now that i think of it, what was the planet where Arthur settles and make sandwiches?

N

Nala Lionne

Its in South East London actually. Nasty place - you can't drive an XR3i through there, the wheels would be gone before the lights went green

<giggle> :clap: :clap:

:m00:

S

SFXman

Re: Re: Its obvious

Originally posted by matax
Its in South East London actually. Nasty place - you can't drive an XR3i through there, the wheels would be gone before the lights went green ;)
Well in some countries they actually come into your car during red lights and kick you out, that must suck if you own a cool-ass sports car.
But your example was quite hilarious, heh...
I want a hummer and if anyone did that I'd run over them or if they'd run away I'd chase them even if they climb up a ladder I'd just drive up the wall, hummers rock :D

G

gengi

er, wrong author mate

old.LandShark wrote
Phnaargos is not, as far as I can recall, mentioned in any books of the trilogy in 5 parts

That was Douglas Adams.
Author in Question is Robert Rankin.
Phnaargos may be the sprouts planet. I will try and confirm that later. :rolleyes:

Later
Gengi

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom