some totally random questions...

F

fade2grey

hi, well im still new to the game and as you can imagine i have a lot of questions unanswered... so... this is kinda random stuff.

1. i know jack about crafting, is there a site with a guide to it or anything?

2. is there anywhere with a full list of side quests? i still like questing (i can imagine after a few chars it could get boring)... so ive done the things like kill the slith snake guy... is there a list of those kind of quests?

3. this is stupid... is 100 gold = 1 plat ? if so why do people say 300 gold instead of saying 3 plat?

4. on a reaver do you have to train flex and either slash, crush or thrust? or is just flex ok?

5. what exactly is a buffbot and why are they so overpowered? isnt it just like having a cleric who is afk a lot?

ok thats it for now =) any ansewrs are appreciated!

N

Nightchill

Originally posted by fade2grey
hi, well im still new to the game and as you can imagine i have a lot of questions unanswered... so... this is kinda random stuff.

2. is there anywhere with a full list of side quests? i still like questing (i can imagine after a few chars it could get boring)... so ive done the things like kill the slith snake guy... is there a list of those kind of quests?

3. this is stupid... is 100 gold = 1 plat ? if so why do people say 300 gold instead of saying 3 plat?

4. on a reaver do you have to train flex and either slash, crush or thrust? or is just flex ok?

5. what exactly is a buffbot and why are they so overpowered? isnt it just like having a cleric who is afk a lot?

1. http://www.daoctradeskills.com/
2. http://daoc.warcry.com/quests/
3. it's 1000g
4. just flex
5. a buffbot is basically a cleric/shaman/druid specd in the buffline and run on a second account. it's seen as bad since it gives players with one (who've spent the time lvling it) a large advantage over those who don't.

T

Teren

Originally posted by fade2grey

1. random guide: http://cso.daoc.net/guides/tradeskill/
2. http://camelot.allakhazam.com
3. no 1000g=1plat
4. flex - trains max damge; slash/thrust/crush - min damage (according to you flex weapon type)
5. buffbot - a high level support class that gives out enhancements to a smaller level (or equal) character, but the owner of the buffbot must have 2 accounts - char's acc, bbot's ac)

J

Jiggs

Re: Re: some totally random questions...

4. flex - trains max damge; slash/thrust/crush - min damage (according to you flex weapon type)

this is wrong, first poster was right: just flex

C

cadiva

There's a few sites which have practically complete quest listings. My own personal favourites are Allakazham and Warcry (links below).

Allakazham

Warcry

For crafting, the best site people use, and the tool most people use is Keltors Spreadsheet (now being updated by another nice chap whose name I forget).

You can find the link to it here Camelot Tradeskills

Rather amusing thing on the Camelot Herald about why people craft: Crafting

Also it's 1000g makes 1 plat. So if someone has 300 gold, they only have 300 gold, they would need 3000 gold to have 3 plat.

For a reaver, I'm not 100% sure but about 98% sure that you just train in flex weapons and then you can use any damage type.

A buffbot is a really irritating usually aug specced unplayed character that is parked somewhere safe (usually a Teleport Keep) which gives the person who owns it shitloads of nice buffs so they can go out and 'own' other unbuffed people ;)

It makes the job of 'real' buff/healer types like meself harder because at the lower end of the scale no-one wants to group because they have (in Midgard at least) a shaman buffbot stuck to their arse which is doing all their healing etc.

Not sure where they started or who started the craze for having them over here on the EU servers but as an aug specced shaman, I'd quite happily see a range introduced on buffs so the bots can all bugger off back to the darkness and then maybe the shaman and healers who actually play their classes can get groups and learn to bash with people from level 5 instead of suddenly getting lair invites at level 40 when people need a 'real actually played' shaman or healer.

Urm apart from me wee whinge, I hope the rest of the stuff was usefull for you.

T

Tasans

The quests you are talking about are propably kill tasks not real quests.
They are not listed, except some lists which tell you which guard you should ask at which lvl, and what are the mobs you may be asked to kill.

Users who are viewing this thread