Some things i would like....

Dharma

Fledgling Freddie
I have been playing DAoC since its UK release back at the start of 2002 so i have a good idea of what i personaly would like from this game. These are just some ideas i have spouted off about in either /gu or to grp mate while playing. Some of this may sound like a whine but i do provide suggestions of ways to change/improve it for all.

1/ Better transportation of players.
Yes we get to port to keeps with NF, but what i want is to be able to port my friends to where i am and not have to wait for them to get to where i am or vise versa. So maybe an ability that will allow you to port a player to your location once every 60 secs with 20mins re-port timer (to prevent ressers getting ported everywhere just for res and rebuff) and limit this to the PvE areas only.

2/ In game mapping.
Lets say its an auto craft/trade. Maps get better the more you explore the realm and spend time in that zone with a radius marker to show your approx location. The better/skilled you become the smaller the radius marker and more detailed the maps. It is by no means a radar if it just you on the map with an approx location. Would be easier than /loc, look at map, trace x and they y axis, check compass for dir to head or using /faceloc xxxxx xxxxx. More just look at map and "Oh yeah i am there!". How many times do you get a pm asking "I am lost do you know the loc of xxxxx plz?". So many players dont know about mapalot on the herald website. ;) Why should we have to use a 3rd party IU or resourses for ingame information?

3/ Increased timer for AoE buffs.
These as i understand were introduced to enable more poeple to have access to buffs. OK keep the timer at 10mins for RvR zones but increase this to 30mins for PvE. Let take out some of the grind we have to do to level please. I like to play my chars and dont PL unless i cant find a grp. I am not one to wait for a spot or grp for over 10mins. This is meant to be fun and not a chore. I want to play my chars, if i want to chat i would go on irc or some other chat relay prog, you are not learning about your char when you are sat down waiting to play.

4/ Faction window.
I personaly have a few 50s now (comes with time played) and lots of alts but do i have a clue what my faction is with any of them apart from being able to get a dragonfly or not agroing the Yarleys (Albs will know ;) ). So a window that lists all the factions and your status would be nice. Not great importance but just nice.

5/ Dungeons.
These all need to be bigger, worth exploreing and more intresting mobs. The only reason to go to them is for the dungeon bonus xp and in Alb there is only really one worth going to. Avalon City is far to camped due to it being so small, so many pathing issues still. Are many aware that you get the same dungeon bonus now from xp'ing in ToA? OK the mobs fight harder as they are not as gimped as old world or SI but that makes gameing more fun imo.

6/ XP from mobs.
Give the same xp each time from the same mob level avg no matter what its spawn backet variation might be, ie Nasty Big Mob lev47-49 always gives the same amount of xp as a lev 48 mob. Get rid of the camp bonus deminishing return that was designed to stop people from camping the same spot as it does not work. I find i move around and try other mobs as i get bored grinding on the same mobs all the time but end up coming back to the known "Good" (easy) xp or loot mob camps. If the xp was the same for the mob level we would find the spread of players more even across the realms. If you think that a bad idea read 1/ :) The only change from camp to camp would be the types of mob/loot and the way you fight them.

7/ Xp loss on death.
Get rid of this untill you get to 40 as then you have your mini dings to help you out. I feel it would make it more fun to run the risk of trying new areas, tatics and mobs if it were not such a grind to get it back. Make us players more bold to try new things without such a smack in the mouth for our efforts. How many peeps have a lev 50 and still get lost or know nothing of there realm PvE areas?

8/ Artifact farming.
This has to be one of the worst things that you are able to do with regard to ToA. Those that do this are greedy, selfish and may as well be working for another realm imo. Would it not be better to reduce the spawn time of the enc, 100% chance to drop, everyone in the group that has not done the enc before not only get credit but the item as well if they are able to use it and make it so that you have to turn on the enc by way of getting the quest. Once you have done this "quest" a set number of times, say 2-3 times, you can not get that quest again but you can still help your realm mates to do the enc. ToA artifacts were never meant to impact on RvR to the level they have due to being able to get "ToA'ed arti'ed up to the hilt" does increase your chances for the win by a fair bit. I am able to buy arti and scrolls for my chars as i have chars that i can use to farm for cash and have LGM crafters for salvage but alot of other players do not have access to this and chargeing stupid amounts of plat for an item/scroll is making RvR more elitest. I for one want all to be able to enjoy every facite of the game. Whether they be a new player or old timer.

Thats about it for now, alot of my other ideas are up coming in patches or with the next expansion Catacombs. I love the idea of being able to grp now with lower levels and they being able to bring something to the grp as they will have the same "to hit" and damage as the grp leader, read 1.70 patch notes. Much overdue imo, who wants a lowbie in their grp when the only thing they can do it take up a slot and reduce the xp earnt. Helps to get rid of PL'ed gimped players too, at least they get to learn their chars while being able to grp with friends.

Have fun, play fair and be nice to each other. :clap:

Acibeth

Fledgling Freddie
Id like a 'Repair All' function when visiting Smith's in towns.. nothing more annoying than to drag all items up to get em repaired for a few silver... It was invented in Diablo 2, and loved it..

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
1. Yes pve movement is a pain, though with the porters in TOA it's got somewhat better (well if you're in TOA).

2. 1.71 adds in game maps.

3. I'd prefer longer timers on all buffs, but I doubt it will happen. Besides, do you really use timer buffs that much? Other than big raids I've never seen them used much.

5. Catacombs does things to the dungeons, not sure what though, but they should be much bigger.

6. Don't think that would work too well - people would just find which gives the most XP for the least effort and camp it, much like they do already.

7. No death penalty would make people do stupid shit. And it wouldn't really help people explore as it's not risk of dying that puts people off really.

8. Whole artifact system is broken in terms of rarity of mobs and amount of farming/camping required.

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Lots of the things you mentioned here IS changed, or are gonna be changed soon. Like map, you get map in NF. Not the first version we get now tho. Think its in 1.71, which we hopefully will get within a few weeks.

Dungeons are slowely changing as well, the RvR dungeons will change in NF. In catacombs you get TONS of new dungeons and places to go, including instanced dungeons.

About the exp, with patch 1.70, 1.71 and 1.72 the experience gained was changed quite a bit. For instance, you will get a free level every 2-7 days, but you have to gain one level within those days. The experience is also boosted A LOT. I just tried for run to do lvl 1-5 run on US servers last night. Took me about 30 min. Usually takes closer to 1 hour with old patches.

So it will all get better :) Reading the patchnotes from US servers is a good thing. Then you'll know everything that will change in the future.

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Danya said:
1. Yes pve movement is a pain, though with the porters in TOA it's got somewhat better (well if you're in TOA).
I would just like to quote this, and explain it even better incase threadstarter doesn't already know it. With the newest patch you also get the option to port house, guildhouse, gothwaite and so on, with the Djinn stone porter in ToA.

Domerc

Fledgling Freddie
I thought of a good addition the other day;
Wandering merchants.
Sometimes you don't want to leave a dungeon or an area because you've waited so long for a group and you don't want to (or can't) leave.
Wandering NPC merchants would be a great addition to sell all the loot you've accumilated without the inconvienence of traveling all the way back to a settlement.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I agree with most of that tbh, espically #4.

Pain not knowing what aggros me :/

I've played on the US servers, the In-game map helps - alot.

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
what i'd like to see

1/ healer in CS and other Border keeps

2/ get rid of horses and use teleports to get from A > B . cos nowadays the old regions like S.I Classic daoc aint used. so rez's if die in thse area's are rare hence spend more time traveling on horse in some cases than exp/farming.

3/ the ability to BUY stuff from market explorers . and not have to run for 20 mins only to find its a bugged item that isnt even on that house.

4/ the ability to check for class specific armor/weapons on market explorer. its kind of annoying when as a cloth wearer to goto ME and search for exmaple a torso armor. and then it comes back with 100 pages of armors. including the stuff i CANT wear. like plate/chain etc. letting us choose if we search for studded/chain/plate/cloth . and same with weapons (ie: a scout when searching for weapons doensnt bring back 100+ pages of polearms/staffs/2h weapons) yes i know they are greyed out. but that doesnt help me having to sift through tons of greyed out entire pages to find the cloth im looking for.

5/ more specific ME searches. they are kinda limited when it comes to TOA bonus' id like to search for ROG items n stuff that have +melee dmge +bow dmge +casting ange/dmge etc etc. whre as it is now we cant (unless i've overlooked summin). i know there ARE certain bonus' we can search for but as said above. they are limited.

will add more later . off to pub now . :drink:

Sun_Tzu

Fledgling Freddie
Things i'd like? oh, the list:

1) For god's sake, PLEASE fix class bugs. Armsmen cant evade, dont give them thrust styles that require it. weapon speclines should be better tailored to their classes rather than just copy-pasted.

2) A better crafting system. One of the (two) things about WoW that i am liking (other than a mildly better quest system) is crafting; rather than an annoying timedrain and moneydrain like in daoc, crafting allows you to get extra profit from killing monsters. Its not the greatest thing in the world, especially considering the game completely lacks a bowyer profession and only allows you to select two crafts, but some sort of change that makes it less of another treadmill just watching a bar complete. Faster makes, perhaps in-game SC utilities would be helpful. You get the drift.

3)No ToA-like expansions, ever again. You can add nice lvl 50 PvE content without adding more treadmills.

4) Item durability repair. Yeah, i know, lots of people say it but it needs to be said more. Buy a crafted item of a similar type of your arti/SC'd item/whatever, get some SC/Alch bits, combine it with your arti/SC'd thing, and have it restore 50% of the crafted items durability to your arti. No exhaustive grind, no refarming for scrolls, no big deal. Items will still move out of the market, players can keep their armor and jewelry indefinitely and everyone is happy. (Note; mythic would have to implement a limited jewelcraft at least for this to work, but imo they should do it anyway.)

...yeah, thats it for now. Anyway..

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
No ToA-like expansions, ever again. You can add nice lvl 50 PvE content without adding more treadmills.

Some good ideas here, but the quote above will never happen.

Treadmills = time in game = money for goa.

Blitzing

Fledgling Freddie
alot of the stuff you mention, have been changed and will come in the new stand alone patch called wow :D

1/ a delve ability to see how many times an item has been repaired so you dont buy items from CM's that are on the brink of going under theyre 100% dur bonus.. sick and tired of buying items only to find its NOT new but 2nd hand.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
i like the repair all idea, but the thing that winds me up the most is,....

Givf /lastbind command!!
i have 14 chars would be nice to just type a command to see where thye are bound, yes you can bind in youre/guildhouse and /houserelease but what about unguilded chars and those without a house.

Roken

One of Freddy's beloved
Some kind of personal notes field that could be displayed instead of the

"You examine Arthur, he is a member of the King class from your realm" kinda thing to:

"You examine Arthur, 'fotm King dude'"

(which inevitably is the sort of thing alot of folk will put...;))

But

Would be useful for other things like:

"You examine Arthur, 'He knows his stealth is too low'"

or

"You examine Arthur, 'Looking for emain group'"

etc..

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
How about a free respec on lvl 50 chars every 12 months. Respec stones are a pain in the butt!

Zede

Part of the furniture
imo increase the size of your vault space and backpack. you should not have to buy a house and additional chests just to store basic items. In Ultima Online, they have "banks" dotted about the place, where compared to DaoC, you can store like 50 times more items.

tired of seeing oddles of items on CMs, with no price on. PM the char in question, reply "oh i just put them on there because my vault is full" Grrr

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Deal Santa.

Thit clithmath i'd like to have the following abil...abibl...albi...thuff!

One lethpec thone to give me bettel thuff then lunecalving 50. I wath a bit thilly.

One almolthet to make me ubel in outlook, and maybe in powel. Not colin. The thlength thuff.

A abiliblity to thop my evil fliendth to kill my level fifteen in al vee al.

A thupelfath pony! It can thoooom flom town to town i thecondth.

A Nakid moddle of elfth lady, not fat pleathe.

Youlth thinthelely, Lick Mathelton.

Demrog

Fledgling Freddie
1/ Increased Vault space
2/ Increased space on friends list

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Dharma said:
I have been playing DAoC since its UK release back at the start of 2002 so i have a good idea of what i personaly would like from this game. These are just some ideas i have spouted off about in either /gu or to grp mate while playing. Some of this may sound like a whine but i do provide suggestions of ways to change/improve it for all.

1/ Better transportation of players.
Yes we get to port to keeps with NF, but what i want is to be able to port my friends to where i am and not have to wait for them to get to where i am or vise versa. So maybe an ability that will allow you to port a player to your location once every 60 secs with 20mins re-port timer (to prevent ressers getting ported everywhere just for res and rebuff) and limit this to the PvE areas only.

2/ In game mapping.
Lets say its an auto craft/trade. Maps get better the more you explore the realm and spend time in that zone with a radius marker to show your approx location. The better/skilled you become the smaller the radius marker and more detailed the maps. It is by no means a radar if it just you on the map with an approx location. Would be easier than /loc, look at map, trace x and they y axis, check compass for dir to head or using /faceloc xxxxx xxxxx. More just look at map and "Oh yeah i am there!". How many times do you get a pm asking "I am lost do you know the loc of xxxxx plz?". So many players dont know about mapalot on the herald website. ;) Why should we have to use a 3rd party IU or resourses for ingame information?

3/ Increased timer for AoE buffs.
These as i understand were introduced to enable more poeple to have access to buffs. OK keep the timer at 10mins for RvR zones but increase this to 30mins for PvE. Let take out some of the grind we have to do to level please. I like to play my chars and dont PL unless i cant find a grp. I am not one to wait for a spot or grp for over 10mins. This is meant to be fun and not a chore. I want to play my chars, if i want to chat i would go on irc or some other chat relay prog, you are not learning about your char when you are sat down waiting to play.

4/ Faction window.
I personaly have a few 50s now (comes with time played) and lots of alts but do i have a clue what my faction is with any of them apart from being able to get a dragonfly or not agroing the Yarleys (Albs will know ;) ). So a window that lists all the factions and your status would be nice. Not great importance but just nice.

5/ Dungeons.
These all need to be bigger, worth exploreing and more intresting mobs. The only reason to go to them is for the dungeon bonus xp and in Alb there is only really one worth going to. Avalon City is far to camped due to it being so small, so many pathing issues still. Are many aware that you get the same dungeon bonus now from xp'ing in ToA? OK the mobs fight harder as they are not as gimped as old world or SI but that makes gameing more fun imo.

6/ XP from mobs.
Give the same xp each time from the same mob level avg no matter what its spawn backet variation might be, ie Nasty Big Mob lev47-49 always gives the same amount of xp as a lev 48 mob. Get rid of the camp bonus deminishing return that was designed to stop people from camping the same spot as it does not work. I find i move around and try other mobs as i get bored grinding on the same mobs all the time but end up coming back to the known "Good" (easy) xp or loot mob camps. If the xp was the same for the mob level we would find the spread of players more even across the realms. If you think that a bad idea read 1/ :) The only change from camp to camp would be the types of mob/loot and the way you fight them.

7/ Xp loss on death.
Get rid of this untill you get to 40 as then you have your mini dings to help you out. I feel it would make it more fun to run the risk of trying new areas, tatics and mobs if it were not such a grind to get it back. Make us players more bold to try new things without such a smack in the mouth for our efforts. How many peeps have a lev 50 and still get lost or know nothing of there realm PvE areas?

8/ Artifact farming.
This has to be one of the worst things that you are able to do with regard to ToA. Those that do this are greedy, selfish and may as well be working for another realm imo. Would it not be better to reduce the spawn time of the enc, 100% chance to drop, everyone in the group that has not done the enc before not only get credit but the item as well if they are able to use it and make it so that you have to turn on the enc by way of getting the quest. Once you have done this "quest" a set number of times, say 2-3 times, you can not get that quest again but you can still help your realm mates to do the enc. ToA artifacts were never meant to impact on RvR to the level they have due to being able to get "ToA'ed arti'ed up to the hilt" does increase your chances for the win by a fair bit. I am able to buy arti and scrolls for my chars as i have chars that i can use to farm for cash and have LGM crafters for salvage but alot of other players do not have access to this and chargeing stupid amounts of plat for an item/scroll is making RvR more elitest. I for one want all to be able to enjoy every facite of the game. Whether they be a new player or old timer.

Thats about it for now, alot of my other ideas are up coming in patches or with the next expansion Catacombs. I love the idea of being able to grp now with lower levels and they being able to bring something to the grp as they will have the same "to hit" and damage as the grp leader, read 1.70 patch notes. Much overdue imo, who wants a lowbie in their grp when the only thing they can do it take up a slot and reduce the xp earnt. Helps to get rid of PL'ed gimped players too, at least they get to learn their chars while being able to grp with friends.

Have fun, play fair and be nice to each other. :clap:

I want to sleep with u Dharma , especially since im gonna bug u to pl my scout to 24 ^_^

<Headover btw hun>

Dharma

Fledgling Freddie
knighthood said:
I want to sleep with u Dharma , especially since im gonna bug u to pl my scout to 24 ^_^

<Headover btw hun>

NP Hun, got mine at 23 atm and am so gimpy as its been such a long time since i played him. We can duo, be a giggle. Oh i got Dharma back, they sorted out my subs WooHooooo! Catch you tonight when server are back up.

Thanks all for the ideas and Weeeeeee No Flames :) /hugs all

Traxxx

Fledgling Freddie
Hawkwind said:
How about a free respec on lvl 50 chars every 12 months. Respec stones are a pain in the butt!

hibs already got that .. kindof..

just ask fluffywolf

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Dharma said:
NP Hun, got mine at 23 atm and am so gimpy as its been such a long time since i played him. We can duo, be a giggle. Oh i got Dharma back, they sorted out my subs WooHooooo! Catch you tonight when server are back up.

Thanks all for the ideas and Weeeeeee No Flames :) /hugs all

not likely, cos of my fucking 56k modem , i cant get past downloading a Dll file b4 the patcher kicks me off and crashes hence i cant download the patch as normal. Really think i cbfa soon :p
have to wait till every other person in the world that has daoc downloads it b4 i can even think of playing again so ill see u in about 2 months :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom