Some test from Pendragon - Theurgists changes

T

tildson

Came back from Pendragon some min ago, been trying out the new Theurgist-stuff :) I didnt make such detailed tests, the server was filled with Theurgists though, but we ran a few ones.

Ill begin with Earth:

The new pets are called Earthlord if remember correctly, lasts for 60secs, but have less hit-points. Hit my arms for 120-150dmg for each hit, 670af and maxed crush-resist.

On my Theurg, i was hit for 190~ish on average when i got petspammed. 10 hits around 190 and 1 for an odd 150'ish. Very slow swingrate as usual though.

Will make a hell for support-classes, those 60secs really lasted 60sec - BUT they die much easier now, some guy mentioned 350hp, and that may be correct because a friar 2-shotted one during the tests. Still, vs a melee-group this is very nice, pbae-will make it end fast though.

Ice:

Impressed! Nuked much faster and harder, before the pet was using a lvl32 DD, now its much higher. The damage on 20% cold was around 150-200, and has a snaring effect. Lasts for 25secs, CT'able from 2k range and starts nuking at 1500range as usual.

I sent 3pets on sorusi's sorc with 2%cold(early copy), she went down very quick :) I'd figure it'll do around 80-100damage atleast when fully buffed by resists. I think the casttime were around 3sec~, it seemed pretty decent.

----------------------------------------

Now, the question. Will you respec due to these changes? Even if 60sec pets are nice, they dont stun and die very easy. With 45air/26earth, your pets will chainstun and you will have a 209DD nuke. PBT is easily assisted through, and Ice sure feels appealing, but i doubt it's any better than the air-spec.

Just my opinion though, what do you guys think?

O

old.mattshanes

I am not sure really, the changes are very nice yes, but air spec line nukes are still very strong, though if you got 2 earth theurgs in group that's 3s pbt and very annoying for enemy supporting aslong as the theurgs do not assist with their pet spam xD

Ice seems better due to the snaring which can be great for when tanks are going for you:D only thing is speccing ice just for the pets you hope they deliver what you expect.But from what you posted ice seems a better way offence wise but earth seems better group wise, tough choice o_O

I am currently air on mine and like it but will give earth a go probably when that patch comes:D

M

Mavl

It seems an earth theurg is now a god of interruption :)

The question is... will a qc pbae kill all the earth pets on you that cost so much power or not? :p

T

thegreatest

according they have 350hps and probably every self respecting pbaoe'er with some decent gear can do more than 350 damage on 1 pbaoe, yes they will...

Y

-yoda-

after reading the vn theurg baords the theurg changes are good (some theurgs saying ice pets TO strong) earth pets r very good but as u say they die MUCH to easy (1 cast of a pabe kill em all) seen on vn boards theurgs asking for earth pets to be at least able to take 1pbae n still have some hp left ..

i think ill hold my judgement on wether ill respec or not yet , ill wait for more solid tests n final info on them :) i got plenty of time :)

X

Xeanor

Ice pets = not harmed by pbaoe and nuking is very good interrupting....

S

Sharma

Originally posted by -yoda-
after reading the vn theurg baords the theurg changes are good (some theurgs saying ice pets TO strong)

Haha, typical VN.

"omg that class got luvin, lets try and get it nerfed!"

Y

-yoda-

Originally posted by Sharma
Haha, typical VN.

"omg that class got luvin, lets try and get it nerfed!"

its not a case of nerfing , its a case of balance i dont think the theurgs whome posts i read wanna get a overpowered pet(s) that mids/hibs will whine about and eventually get them nerfed . hence they will have to change there spec AGAIN .

the way i see it , if a ice pet is nuking for 100-200 dmge . sometimes u can easily send 4-5 pets on a support class in rvr ..

so thats basically 500-1000 dmge per set of 5 pets . n thats just ONE of the pets nukes .so if the pets nukes for example 5-6 times during its life then that dmge then goes from 500-1000 to 3k-6k "with SNARE"

even 2 pets on a caster nuking 5times will do 1k-2k thats enough to kill nearly any class .

dont forget theurg pets cannot be stunned/mezz'd or cc'd at all . so only way to stop them is killing them , if thats the case enemy will be TO busy killing pets on there support to even consider killing albs . also read to actually cast the pets is VERY fast now also so wouldnt be hard at all to get of 2-4 pets now . even if targeted 1st by enemy .

S

scarffs

Indeed, this is sounding very scary.

Alb loving reaching scary heights.

T

tildson

It wont overpower anything, it will only help the Theurgists get more attractive for RvR-groups. And that's the whole idea i guess

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom