some starting advice

Shaitan

Loyal Freddie
So, im a little bored of albion and wanted to try mid for a bit.. I have 2 accounts, so will be levelling up a buffbot (I assume a shaman is the norm here lookin at the spell listings?) and a something to be decided :)

This is where you come in, what classes in mid level quickly (grouped with bot) and with little/no downtime? Really have no idea what to play, though something casterish from preference, though I suppose with your end regen buffs your melee classes dont suffer from the downtime of an alb melee solo'er (with bot)..

Any advice? :)

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
Dark SM or Supp BD goes fast with shammy bot since your pets can do their own thing quite well. Berserk and shammy is also fast but with NF around the corner I would choose the Dark SM even if its getting fotm. :D

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Any caster lvling with a shammy bot will have downtime cause of power usage... and melee stealth duo will have little downtime with a shammy bot especially as the bot gets higher lvl with the end regen stuff .. a savage will require a lot of healing cause its self buffs use hp and could lead to more dt with shammy power problems. Thane is a good class to lvl with a bot and good pve and will prob be better in nf cause of the range it has with the hammers and bolts. Otherwise a warrior makes a good tank with lots of blocks etc not much healing required specially buffed ..

Hunters might be easy too if u get the right lvling spots low hp cster mobs you can usually drop them before they reach you etc..

Depends what you like and how you play tho really and wht you want the char to do after 50

Maddude

One of Freddy's beloved
Or just roll a zerker and wtfpwn everything!"!!!!!111

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
What class to lvl when I have 2 accounts ?

Well ofc the above are right.

But and there is always a but...

First char in Midgard I would really suggest beeing Shammy or Healer on one account and Spiritmaster (suppression spec all the way to 49 and last minding points on darkness (will end up with 49 supp 22 darkness 5 summ).

Why these classes ?

Well spiritmaster is extremly easy to lvl in the beginning. They are also very groupfriendly. So when you happen to find the odd player not pling their own char, they will be eager to get you in their group even though you might be 3 or 4 lvls lower.

Also when you get to lvl 44+ (or even 41 at some occations) you will be able to join lvl 50 groups in moderna which will take you to 50 in 1 or 2 days. (This is very nice when you have struggled your way to lvl 41 solo + bb)

Also when you finally reach 50 you have a fun char to play in almost all instanses. AND you get the benefit of beeing able to pl your bb account in moderna with the sm. (This takes about 3 days per char. And when bb is up it takes another 3 days to get any char you want on your main account to lvl 50)

So my suggestion would be that you make:

Main account: Suppression Spiritmaster
Bot account: Augmentation Shaman

Good luck and welcome to midgard looking forward seeing you there!:)

/Ulas, Ular, Ucin, Glorin, Miffli, Hunthor, Hatholdir, Aerica, Beor, Storlaga, Huor

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
I agree with most of what's been written. And as the other say, it depends if you want to use it for PvE or RvR. I rolled a warrior for farmage not too long ago, and going from savage to warrior it's pure vacation. Hardly get hit vs low red, high orange, so bb is idle most of the time. Also making a RM, but he is moderna breed. I think, depending on how much time you wanna spend on it, you could lvl warrior + bb, and then when they are lvl 50 you can use bb to get leech in moderna. Warrior is always nice to have to farm stuff with, and it's especially nice with the end regen. I don't regret making a warrior.. I just can't wait to get him to 50 and complete my template so I'll be an even better farmbot :p

My 2 cents :cheers:

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Don't go for a warrior and a buffbot unless you just want to PvE!

Just pick the class you want to play and get either a buffbot or pox bot.

If you like rvr I would consider a healer. A high pac healer can level quickly with a supp sm. And you get to use one of the best realm unique abilites with aoe stun etc. You will also get groups easily as healers are so multi purpose.

mikey

Fledgling Freddie
I would say your best bet is to lvl a caster for NF, so make a RM/SM/BD and then lvl it with a healer that is spec'd pacification for the POX (power regeneration) then u can lvl/toa/rvr with both char's :clap:

Shaitan

Loyal Freddie
Cheers for the advice guys given me someat to think about :)

Any other opinions welcome btw :)

Svendoc

One of Freddy's beloved
Skald + shaman for speed quests :D

Otherwise Sup SM + pac healer lvl fast

Aremeriel

One of Freddy's beloved
Shaitan said:
Cheers for the advice guys given me someat to think about :)

Any other opinions welcome btw :)
I'd say supp sm and pac healer too.. Can't say I'm totally subjective though, as I'm pac healer myself. And pac healers are always wanted in moderna leech groups, as well as supp sms, so you can PL chars on both accounts later with not much hassle

Maddude

One of Freddy's beloved
Aremeriel said:
I'd say supp sm and pac healer too.. Can't say I'm totally subjective though, as I'm pac healer myself. And pac healers are always wanted in moderna leech groups, as well as supp sms, so you can PL chars on both accounts later with not much hassle

Isnt moderna gonna be nerfed soon thou?

Svendoc

One of Freddy's beloved
Yes basically the pet will aggro like a player would so healing would pull the aggro, I think people are already doing work arounds in US using AoE pulls like thanes shaman.

acasm

Fledgling Freddie
Aye m8, dont look to far, go supp sm healer or tank shammy

warrior if u prefer pve
savage zerker for rvr

Respec sm at 50 or keep em as moderna bot to pl

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom