Some Small Changes, with big effects

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Well the games been out a while and I'm having a lot of fun but there are a few things missing, so I've made a short list below.

Server Clock display ( easier to organise stuff - very minor but very useful ).

Multiqueueing - this sucks.

At least make the queue join for both of a zones queue, it's a real shame that most people wont get to play places like Temple of Isha/Crater simply because of the right arrow clicking.

Make the default queue for both zones at least, although below suggestion also.

Non Area specific queues

It's silly having to make send parts of the group everywhere just so we can queue, a frustrating waste of time especially if I have a battlefield objective group that is joining between objectives.

Being able to right click>join all or similar would be super and help ensure we get a wide variety of scenarios and that some of the gems of the game don't get overlooked.

Lack of CHAT CHANNELS

This is major major major.

We need global chat channels as DEFAULT, I agree they would get quite spammy so I would suggest breaking them up by TIER.

So tier 1 has its own global channel, tier 2, tier 3, tier 4, each with their own global channel to organise keep attacks/defence.

A trade channel may also be a good idea.

ITEM LINKING

Do I need to say more?

Well thats it for now but I probably forgot a few things I think should be in there.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Agree. Most of that stuff was available in daoc so there's no reason not to have it in WAR :(

They're tiny things that would make a lot of people happy, but I'm sure they are on Mythics list, a lot of people are mentioning them.

Plutaris

Fledgling Freddie
I dont know about you guys but i feel a serious lack of community within (the game) War so far. Compared to Daoc anyways.

Things take time i guess, but i feel WOW behaviours and things have led to people being more anti-social and down right rude for no reason...

Outside my friends and perhaps the occasionl PQ. No one talks about anything in ./1 or even parties.

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
/region chat as in daoc would be nice.... as more guilds join alliances i think the comunity will grow

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
i completely agree, even if you've got the most buzzing vibrant game full of players, if noone is speaking it feels very quiet...

a tier region default chat channel is very much required.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
I disagree on the chat channels.

General chat is usually, and there is no polite way to put this, full of shit which has little to do with the game itself, bar noob questions from people who are too lazy to read the quest description properly and take a 360 degree look to find someone. Reading it only winds me up and makes me lose even more brain cells.

This is supposed to be a roleplaying game, travel through the lands and meet people and make friendships there.

I fully agree on all the other points the original poster did.

twix112

Fledgling Freddie
what would be a nice touch is to have a note field in the guild roster tab, so everyone can add a small note on them self, as what that person is called here at the forum, or of it's an alt an so on... very WoW:ish but a nice touche...

Toel

Loyal Freddie
Personally I'm missing autoloot, especially in RvR. :-/

rynnor

Rockhound
One consideration with a global chat channel is that without it its a lot harder for gold sellers to ply their craft.

I used to hate getting constantly spammed by goldsellers on trial accounts in other games - what would be a usefull compromise would be the ability to create chat groups that way you can build a social group but not be at the mercy of spammers?

Spookie

Fledgling Freddie
what would be a nice touch is to have a note field in the guild roster tab, so everyone can add a small note on them self, as what that person is called here at the forum, or of it's an alt an so on... very WoW:ish but a nice touche...

That's already in. It's been in game for ages.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
I dont know about you guys but i feel a serious lack of community within (the game) War so far. Compared to Daoc anyways.

Things take time i guess, but i feel WOW behaviours and things have led to people being more anti-social and down right rude for no reason...

Outside my friends and perhaps the occasionl PQ. No one talks about anything in ./1 or even parties.

its cause alot of people go in groups to a server and play together with them, so have no need to learn to know new people so they simply don't care about the nonknown people on the server

when I started daoc, I didnt know a singel person on the server, so had to make friends

when I started war, I have a guild already with 30ish people in it, why should I bother with new people who most likley end up being retartds? (I have little faith in humanity)

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
One consideration with a global chat channel is that without it its a lot harder for gold sellers to ply their craft.

I used to hate getting constantly spammed by goldsellers on trial accounts in other games - what would be a usefull compromise would be the ability to create chat groups that way you can build a social group but not be at the mercy of spammers?

That's a good idea. Chat channels like in EVE Online would be best. With message of the day and rights management. This way there could be a newbie chat and players who like to help and GMs could hang around there.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
think theres a 3rd party program what does autoloot not sure if it works not tried it yet myself

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Addons - Addons - Curse

It just removes the need to hold shift.

Furthermore many of those curse addons for Warhammer are "programmed" by people who shouldn't be doing it. They release 5 versions a day, change original EA files so the mod can't be uninstalled easily.

I suggest to backup your user folder before installing one.

ECA

I am a FH squatter

I suggested tiered global chats so one spammer wouldnt get the whole population, also a "report spam" right click option on chat a la other games would be a helpful counter.

I don't think tier 1 needs a global though, just a regional across both the tier 1 zones for that race would be sufficient I think.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Group (and guild) members names to show a different colour (The yellow pvp flag overrides the green)!

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Well the games been out a while and I'm having a lot of fun but there are a few things missing, so I've made a short list below.

Server Clock display ( easier to organise stuff - very minor but very useful ).

Multiqueueing - this sucks.

At least make the queue join for both of a zones queue, it's a real shame that most people wont get to play places like Temple of Isha/Crater simply because of the right arrow clicking.

Make the default queue for both zones at least, although below suggestion also.

Non Area specific queues

It's silly having to make send parts of the group everywhere just so we can queue, a frustrating waste of time especially if I have a battlefield objective group that is joining between objectives.

Being able to right click>join all or similar would be super and help ensure we get a wide variety of scenarios and that some of the gems of the game don't get overlooked.

Lack of CHAT CHANNELS

This is major major major.

We need global chat channels as DEFAULT, I agree they would get quite spammy so I would suggest breaking them up by TIER.

So tier 1 has its own global channel, tier 2, tier 3, tier 4, each with their own global channel to organise keep attacks/defence.

A trade channel may also be a good idea.

ITEM LINKING

Do I need to say more?

Well thats it for now but I probably forgot a few things I think should be in there.

All stuff that was brought up in beta numerous times, I'd like to think at some point it will be in but I'm not sure anymore :(

Thimble

Fledgling Freddie
That's a good idea. Chat channels like in EVE Online would be best. With message of the day and rights management. This way there could be a newbie chat and players who like to help and GMs could hang around there.

Kinda like the Newbie starter guild in DaoC. I remember ppl actually still being in the newbie guild at lvl 50 becuase they liked helping ppl. If nothing else it at least got ppl talking :drink:

dee777

Loyal Freddie
The spam problem for tier channels could be quite easily resolved by granting access to the tier channel upon reaching it. You would have close to no tier 4 gold spam as farmers couldnt level up fast enough to keep up with the banstick. However getting hacked would be an even bigger PITA that it already is...

misterjingo

Fledgling Freddie
It just removes the need to hold shift.

Furthermore many of those curse addons for Warhammer are "programmed" by people who shouldn't be doing it. They release 5 versions a day, change original EA files so the mod can't be uninstalled easily.

I suggest to backup your user folder before installing one.

You don't need to install the curse client to use these addons. Simply create an interface folder in the root WAR dir, and an AddOn folder in that. Then put the unzipped addons in there. They work fine.
Currently using scrolling combat text (so I don't have to bar watch for parry/dodge etc), autoloot and clock.
No issues with any of these.

Re: guild list notes. They were supposedly removed due to a bug and will be back at a future date. We used them to keep track of member trial length, so its a bit of a pain without them.

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
I want to be able to drag chat boxes away from the other chat boxes so I can keep my eye on several at once. I used to have 3 in WoW, 1 for guild/whisper/party/raid/bg, 1 for combat messages (he critted me for how much?!), and 1 for everything else.

misterjingo

Fledgling Freddie
I want to be able to drag chat boxes away from the other chat boxes so I can keep my eye on several at once. I used to have 3 in WoW, 1 for guild/whisper/party/raid/bg, 1 for combat messages (he critted me for how much?!), and 1 for everything else.

You can do this already. Simply drag the tab away from the others.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Hotfix now live

Greetings!

Your feedback is very important to us and it’s always our goal to make your play experience an even more enjoyable one.

In response to popular demand, you’ll now be able to queue for all of the scenarios available in your current tier, across all three pairings. For instance, if you’re in Nordland, you can queue for the Nordenwatch scenario as usual. You can also queue up for Khaine’s Embrace (the Tier 1 scenario in the High Elf vs. Dark Elf pairing) and the Gates of Ekrund (the Tier 1 scenario on the Dwarf vs. Greenskin pairing), all without leaving Nordland. No travel is required at all; just click the WAR symbol on your interface as you normally would, and use the arrows at the top of the window to scroll through the different scenarios.

We know many have been waiting for this feature and we have a lot more great additions coming on the horizon. We look forward to your continued feedback as we work to take WAR to the next level…WAAAGH!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom