Some questions about SC and resists

N

nerve

Hi guys and gals, 2 questions concerning spellcrafting:

1) I read the following in the Camelotherald guide to spellcrafting:

'Finally, attribute bonuses gain a bonus in effectiveness of 1.5x off the top. This is part of the recent rework to attribute buffs, and doesn’t play into any calculations here. Just be aware that when you pay for a +5 STR item, it actually will appear to the user as a +7 STR item. (It does count as +7 for the purposes of attribute level caps.)'

I'm confused since they use the word 'appear as'. So, if I do a total imbue of +50STR on several armourpieces, I will actually gain 75 STR (so +75 added to my strength) ? Capping out our 76 stat bonus would mean an imbue value for 51 ????

2) Concerning RvR, what resists should we focus most on to fully max out. I think 'body' (mez) and 'cold' (hib nukes) are no-brainers, and the 3 damage types (sla, cru, thr) probably too, but what other damage types would you consider as common on the battleground ?

Thanx in advance !

P

Pin

75 is the cap for a stat, not 76. (level*1.5).

Max Crush, Slash, Thrust, Body, Energy, Heat, Cold resists.

N

nerve

Hmmm, ok thanx for reply,

still doesn't answer if +50 on an attrib imbue will actually yield +75 though.

And another thing, +11 is the max on skill gains from equipment. Do the gains you get from realm rank stack on these or are they included in those 11 ?

Thanx again,

Nerve

(sees a sudden popularity rise of Shamans cause albs totally neglect Matter resists :)

N

nerve

Thanx Tilda,

already have that, and another one too, they are what my original question originated from though. If you input +50 on stats you get +50 in those programs. However the note in the spellcraft guide seems to claim other behaviour...

D

Draylor

+75 in the calculator prog means youll get +75 in game.

The Mythic documentation is referring to a change/bug-fix made whilst they were still testing spellcrafting. The documentation could use an update - but the same could be said for almost all of the documentation Mythic provide :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom