Some piccies from my D60

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Working in Spain for the last few weeks, and managed to blag a few days off:

First, a few piccies of the interior of the Temple Sagrada Familia in Barcelona, starting with the fascia above the main entrance. Its massively imposing, you really get a sense of dread as you enter, the weight of the building seems very oppressive as you look up (and everybody looks up, its staggeringly beautiful).

IMG_4140.jpg

IMG_4148.jpg

Lit quite nicely by light through one of the stained glass windows

IMG_4144.jpg

Tom

I am a FH squatter
This is a look down, as I was climbing up one of the turrets (its a good long slog to get up them, you can climb pretty much right to the top)

IMG_4150.jpg

This is a shot about 4/5ths the way up between the turrets, believe it or not you can get even higher:

IMG_4158.jpg

It was a bit chocka though, so I didn't climb the last 100 feet or so, too many people coming up and down, besides I wanted to walk around the city a bit more

IMG_4156.jpg

This is part of the newer section (the building is still under construction after more than 100 years)

IMG_4165.jpg

Tom

I am a FH squatter
This is another entrance:

IMG_4167.jpg

A shot through the window of the plane (which was filthy actually), as we passed over the mountains heading south, just before Barcelona:

IMG_4117.jpg

'tis thirsty work in the sun....

IMG_4204.jpg

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Actually though, the entire week was bloody fucking freezing. On the Monday it snowed, Tuesday it was force 10 gales (I kid you not), and the rest of the week it was 0 degrees C all day long. I have 'burns' on my legs from my skin being so frozen, even though I was quite well wrapped up.

IMG_4228.jpg

And that picture shows why we were there. Obviously McLaren are testing their new car so I didn't take any piccies of that (the one above is last year's model).

Here are some more shots, from the previous week, when I was there filming for the BAR team:

My mate asleep on the plane (hes always flying around)

IMG_4014.jpg

Another friend holding what seems to be the world's most important Digi tape:

IMG_4024.jpg

Testing out my 300mm lens:

IMG_4042.jpg

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Using a larger lens and a different camera on this occasion, its a super-slow motion camera, runs at 75fps, its the type of system you see on live Sky footy matches with really nice smooth slow motion replays.

IMG_4069.jpg

And thats it. Hope its not too boring, I would have had many more piccies, but I need to order a couple more batteries for my camera (it runs down fast). Nearly all the pictures were taken on manual exposure, at either 1000 ISO or 100 ISO. Obviously the piccies are all a bit compressed, with a bit of unsharp mask on each reduction (originally 6mp images). I'm not too impressed with that unsharp mask thingy, think I won't bother in future.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Oh, and a crappy montage (I was running out of battery power, so didn't snap nearly enough frames to merge them)

montage%20final%20corner.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom