Some Noob Questions

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
What does Growth Rate do?

and

How does /Decline work?.. when you get a free level... does it reset and you get 'One Level 6Days 23Hours 59Minutes Until Next Free Level' or '6Days 23Hours 59Minutes Until Next Free Level' or, how else?

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
I will answer in a noob not knowing myself way but..

Id assume growth rates , ie say 1.20 , is the percentage of extra dmg the style gets each spec lvl as it lvls up. Say 50 dmg average on move 1 at lvl 20, at lvl 30 itd would be 56 odd (not including ofc extra dmg via spec and weapon qual etc) but you know what i mean , basicly higher growth rate means that it generalyl scales up dmg more as u spec it..

Tho im probably wrong..

As for free lvl, never declined one, but afaik, if ure 24 and u decline a free lvl, u dont reset it, u need to ding 25 to be elligable for the next one, but the timer (ie 6 days 23 hours) still counts down..

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
:O you moved realm again m8:-/

ty btw:p

Xajin

Fledgling Freddie
The growth rate varies from what style you use, and is a fixed value. Your dmg is determined by the base dmg of your skill level (can be tested on a very low con mob) and what style you use. So base dmg x growth rate = dmg

I'm not completely sure on this, so don't hang me in case I'm wrong.

Sorin

Banned
psyco said:
What does Growth Rate do?

and

How does /Decline work?.. when you get a free level... does it reset and you get 'One Level 6Days 23Hours 59Minutes Until Next Free Level' or '6Days 23Hours 59Minutes Until Next Free Level' or, how else?

Questions about growth rate is not nobbish at all.
its actually rather complicated...

I'l try to make understandable:

Growth Rate is something each weapon style has.
The higher the growth rate on a style, the higher the style bonus will be.

Most styles got an average growth rate of 1.00 +/-

Now, many people yawn about the armsman being the only char with a 1.20 style "Defenders Rage".

But they may find it supprising to know that the styles with the highest growth rate in the game belongs to the Critical strike spec line.

I read somewhere that styles like PA and Backstab can't even be calculated since it static damage.. No matter if the weapon is fast or slow the style damage will still be very high.

Now if you want to really explore you melee damage:

You will need a Weapon with High DPS (Damage Per Second)
"16.5" recomended, and make the weapon 100% quality to get the effective damage to 16.5 aswell, and use the slowest weapon you can find.
A help would be RR5 to get your Weapdam 16.5 aswell.
Now we only got weaponskill to think about.. in short:
aslong as your weapon skill is atleast 20% ATLEAST!!! Higher than the armorfactor of the person/mob you are hitting, you should be okay to go.

Note that although the growt rate on styles can be a little bit unstable, the style with the highest growth rate will always outperform the style with lower growth rate over time.

Now just to make it clear--"THE DPS ON YOUR WEAPON HAS GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH THE GROWTH RATE OF ANY STYLE"

So, all in all. if you wanna do some heavy melee damage,
get high weapskill, ownage weapon, high melee damage stats such as strength and dextery.

The weapskill on my arms is 2200 +/-.
On my merc its 2100 +/-.
Buffed ofc :kissit:

A way to get high weapskill besides Passive RA's "str/dex"
is to get +skills! max your main spec with those and you will see your weapskill go skyhigh.

Hope it helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom