Some news about the RvR expansion

T

Teren

The RvR Expansion

We hear the clamoring from the community for more information about the RvR expansion (working name is Dark Age of Camelot: Frontiers). However, we don't want to release any information about the expansion until we decide exactly what we are going to do. The scope of Frontiers is currently much larger than it was when we first announced it, and we need to be careful not to promise anything until the details are hammered out.

We have in fact started working on Frontiers, and the first round of RvR-specific updates in the September patch are a result of that focus. However, we want to do a lot more than just fix bugs and address balance issues in Frontiers - we want to learn from the almost two-years of RvR that players have enjoyed in Camelot and come up with many new features and twists to keep veteran RvR players interested. You can expect to see many changes to the RvR system as you know it, but not so many that it becomes unfamiliar to you.

Frontiers will have to be extensively beta tested, and we will release many details of the new system during the Beta process, which will start after the launch of Trials of Atlantis. Frontiers is going to have a long development and testing process, so our current schedule calls for it launching live in early 2004. I know this is going to feel like forever, but we don't want to rush this out the door.

http://www.camelotherald.com/more/974.shtml

A

Archeon

Wonder what it is their doing that will take them that long (well actually when you consider its almost auterm/winter, and they say early 2004 i guess its not that far away)

Maybe seige-towers, that would be fun :D

O

old.Gombur Glodson

And WoW beta is supposed to start act october.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Jeez...I'll probably be dead by then. :(

Nerf repo-men and mythic developers. :(

T

Tafaya Anathas

Mythic is stupid imho, releasing ToA before RvR expansion will make many ppl leaving the game.

V

vintervargen

cant those twats realise ppl wants better rvr not more fucking mobs to kill, nuf of them already :bore:

S

ssera

personally I'd rather they took a little longer in releasing Frontiers than doing a rush job of it. Wouldn't it be nice just for once to have a patch which doesn't have to be "fixed" 6 months on because suddenly people realised that someone else was more uber than them? ;)

E

Esoteric

Originally posted by Tafaya Anathas
Mythic is stupid imho, releasing ToA before RvR expansion will make many ppl leaving the game.

I already have.... tired of the same old and the announcement of toa before rvr expansion drove the final nail in. Sure best to wait for a good one over getting one say next month that is screwed up but if they focused/prioritised on it, it wouldn't take that long.

Will not buy toa, may try DAoC again if rvr expansion is a cracker... but it better be better than wow to draw me away from blizzards little bundle of joy.

On planetside now till WoW (if its any good)

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by old.Gombur Glodson
And WoW beta is supposed to start act october.

We are talking Blizzard here ppl, famous for their religiuos commitment to release dates :)

S

Stormm

i cannot beleive that they give TOA priority over the RVR expansion ... they don't have a fkin clue

R

Roo Stercogburn

I think the problem with ToA for many players like myself is that it doesn't offer anything truely new. Shinier graphics but most peeps that have been playing that long will have filled all 8 char slots, so even to make a new char to try out the new race you'll have to delete something. And effectively all a new race gives you is the same char classes looking a bit different, not actually any different gameplay. Also, if going by previous experience, the new races will only be given access to certain professions, thus limiting them even further.

There is a massive player base now of people with at least 1 lvl50 char, and few can be bothered going through the process of levelling up any more.

ToA isn't about pleasing the existing player base, its about attracting new players and getting a cash injection to please Mythic's investors.

S

Stonebits

ROFL...

''However, we don't want to release any information about the expansion until we decide exactly what we are going to do''

:ROFLMAO:

Ie: we dont have a clue what to do yet..... :clap:

N

Nightchill

well, they haven't started work on it yet (at all afaik) so i guess they can't say much :p

L

lakih

Originally posted by Archeon
Wonder what it is their doing that will take them that long (well actually when you consider its almost auterm/winter, and they say early 2004 i guess its not that far away)

Maybe seige-towers, that would be fun :D

umm... cant say 24 july is almost autum/winter... not in my part of the world atleast ;)

And 4th quarter of 2003 can be 1 october.... but i guess it will be more like 27 december tbh...:rolleyes:

:m00:

M

Merl

Originally posted by Stormm
i cannot beleive that they give TOA priority over the RVR expansion ... they don't have a fkin clue

so true.

G

Gizor

Originally posted by Stormm
Dont you see it? they are trying to make DAoC into EQ, cus they will think that will give me same amount of users as Everquest has / had :p

i.e more money etc...

GG Mythic, PvE4twhwin :<

W

Whoodoo_RD

LOL, anyone notice all the whiners about it being 2004 for the RvR bit being albs, wassup, getting bored with your regular zerg in emain?

You target the Avalonion, he says something in a language only albs understand "GIVF NEW EMAIN!!!"

RvR isnt the be all and end all of this game, some of us actually enjoy the PvE challenge.

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by Whoodoo_RD
LOL, anyone notice all the whiners about it being 2004 for the RvR bit being albs, wassup, getting bored with your regular zerg in emain?

You target the Avalonion, he says something in a language only albs understand "GIVF NEW EMAIN!!!"

RvR isnt the be all and end all of this game, some of us actually enjoy the PvE challenge.
that and the fact that everybody seems to miss the september RvR patch

- September. A patch focusing on RvR world enhancements, RvR bug fixes and balance tweaks (although it may have other fixes in it as well). This patch is NOT the RvR expansion (more on that below) - instead it is a patch that will address class balance, bugs, keep and frontier zone enhancements, and anything else that is RvR related

D

DocWolfe

ToA isn't for expers its for level 50s to get "master levels" to add more utility to their characters

Users who are viewing this thread