Some news about European Herald

L

lazytroll

Message from Joram can be found in a thread from a french DAOC forum :
http://forums.jeuxonline.info/showthread.php?threadid=105537&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

hehe and now here comes A TRANSLATION from world.altavista.com

-------------------------------------------

Chronicles. Here is a subject which particularly makes me squeak of the teeth and not badly of world here also besides...

Indeed, as Laen, always ready announces it to help and inform (sic), the chronicles are ready physically (template, graphics and Web pages) since a good moment now.

The test to check their correct operation (gone up information since the waiter) could not be carried out before having the waiters in 1.48. What was made with the result that one knows: the tool for extraction provides by Mythic does not function.

That thus made nearly 3 weeks that us should have the chronicles news version. It is not the case. I will not return in detail of the return tickets between our techs and those of Mythic, and of the various problems which reduce to assemble or the Chronicles in the list of priorities.

For 2 weeks the priority number 1 it has been the customer 1.49 who him either does not walk and thus the chronicles are in low priority.

As soon as the 1.49 or the 1.50 (track being studied) function on Gorre I have good hope which the Chronicles will follow quickly.

As opposed to what some hawk with pleasure: we do not have "anything of it to make". Believe well that I am the first delighted one when a project led in time and hour and I am not the last either with going "booster rocket" the various people so that the things go more quickly.

O

Orin Askhammare

So what he's saying basically is that they have everything ready on their end and are waiting for a fix for something that has to come from Mythic? And that 1.49 and possibly 1.50 have priority over the chronicles?

At least that's what I gleaned from it. Maybe I should go read the French thread. It might actually make more sense :)

EDIT: Yup the tool from Mythic that exctracts the info from the server databases doesn't seem to work. The techies of GOA and Mythic have been exchanging mails but since 2 weeks the chronicles bit has been moved somewhat down on the priorities list because of the problems with the 1.49 client. As soon as 1.49 or maybe even 1.50 (depending on how it goes) is live on Gorre it will be full steam ahead on the Chronicles again.

A

Alrindel

Alrindelfish to the rescue:
The Chronicles. Here is a subject that particularly makes me grit my teeth (and quite a few other people here as well…)

As Laen here, always ready to help and inform (sic) has pointed out, the Chronicles have been physically ready to go (templates, images and web pages) for quite a while now.

The final test of their functionality (automatic extraction of data from the server) could not be done before the servers were patched to 1.48. This was done at last with the final result that we all saw: the data extraction tool supplied by Mythic does not work.

This makes now nearly three weeks that the new Chronicles should have been online. They are not. I am not going to go into details about the back-and-forth between our techs and Mythic's, and other various problems that raise or lower the Chronicles on our list of priorities.

For the past two weeks our number one priority has been the version 1.49 game client that is also non-functional and therefore the Chronicles are on the back burner.

As soon as 1.49 or 1.50 (a possible solution) is working properly on Gorre, I have high hopes that the Chronicles will follow shortly thereafter.

Contrary to what some people like to believe, we don't have "nothing to do." Believe me that I am the first to be delighted when a project is completed on time, and I am not the last to go and prod the appropriate people to try and get things moving more quickly.

O

Orin Askhammare

Holy shit, I think I got it right :clap:

French in school had some use after all!

I have to bow to Alrindel's excellent translation skills though! But then again I don't think she'd do well on Dutch to English :D

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by Alrindel
Alrindelfish to the rescue:
and I am not the last to go and prod the appropriate people to try and get things moving more quickly.

I much preferred the reference to a 'booster rocket' in the original translation - can you keep it in?

:)

K

klavrynd

Quand tu ne parles pas français, tu n'est pas important à Goa

O

old.Tbird

Perhaps I misread this but we all want the next patch (be it 1.49 or 1.50) and they wont work on the Chronicles until they have a working client. Surely this means that once we have 1.50 client they'll be too busy working on 1.51?

Sounds like weaseling out of it to me. And I really want to know just how the DF textures became screwed on the 1.49 client, I mean all they are translating is the text files isn't it?

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by inqy
so why isn't this posted on our news then? ;(

... 'cos it doesn't really tell us anything we don't know already. Our news on July 12th said this:

Camelot Chronicles:

Last week we announced that the Camelot Chronicles should open with the Guild and more RvR information today at best. The best is not here and, with the various projects going around lately and the problems related to GORRE and the patch 1.49, our admins didn't have lot of time to fix the Chronicles problems. There too, you will need a little more patience before enjoying the new functionalities of the Camelot Chronicles.

so we know their priority is to get Gorre open with the next patch for testing, we know that hasn't happened, hence we know why Chronicles isn't ready. QED.

A

Alrindel

Perhaps I misread this but...

You did. He said, when 1.49 (or 1.50 if they can't get 1.49 working properly) is running on Gorre.

Then the testers can get testing on Gorre and the techs can get fixing the data extraction scripts to make the Chronicles and XML go.

And I really want to know just how the DF textures became screwed on the 1.49 client, I mean all they are translating is the text files isn't it?

I dunno, ask Mythic, not GOA. Why did Mythic send a 1.49 client patch to GOA that didn't work, when Mythic themselves patched with no problems? Why did Mythic send database extraction scripts that didn't work when Mythic have had the bugs worked out of them for months? Possible answer: because sending (and fixing) patches to your European licensee is low priority work and all your smart coders are working on the patches for your immediate, American customers. :(

I

inqy

and wouldn't they have known that too?

I don't agree. The more news, the better. Apart from the very occassional post from kemor, we see very interaction with GOA, so I like to see frequent news posts with status and reasoning behind problems etc.

A

Alrindel

This wasn't an official news post, though, just the French GM losing his temper a little on a french web forum. Maybe you can goad Kemor or Zargar into letting slip a few juicy tidbits, although I kind of doubt it. We've tried on IRC and we never get very far. :p

A

Arlone

Originally posted by lazytroll
For 2 weeks the priority number 1 it has been the customer 1.49 who him either does not walk and thus the chronicles are in low priority.

uhm, yeh ... eat that ... *confused*

As opposed to what some hawk with pleasure

couldn't agree more

Believe well that I am the first delighted one when a project led in time and hour and I am not the last either with going "booster rocket" the various people so that the things go more quickly.

Wohooo, booster rocket! :clap:

That altavist'ian translation really made me /giggle like a little flamer.

O

old.Krusha

Originally posted by lazytroll
As opposed to what some hawk with pleasure: we do not have "anything of it to make".

MUAHAHAHA word by word translations ROCK :D

(The booster rocket part is giggly too :D)

S

Sarnat

Originally posted by old.Tbird

Sounds like weaseling out of it to me. And I really want to know just how the DF textures became screwed on the 1.49 client, I mean all they are translating is the text files isn't it?

I'm pretty sure there is much more to it since the client probably has some hard coded stuff in it. I dont think Mythic originally designed DAoC to be that easily translated... So someone at Mythic probably fuxored something up and broke the textures.

K

kr0n

Maybe there is something written on the wall and they had to make new textures :rolleyes:

P

- Pathfinder -

it's improved though. During the BETA the german forum attendants used to receive information quicker than kemor, which led to posts on the English forums about thigns he had no knowledge of :p Oh, those days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom