Some help please

Chameleon

Fledgling Freddie
Have really got into bf2 now .. but there are still a few things that I can't work out ....

How, when I'm medic or support, do I call "medic/ammo here"? I asked on a server once but they said oh it's "x" or some other key. I've rebound everything, so that means nothing to me! HELP!!!!

Also, prolly something been asked dozen of times before but ... how to get to grips with planes and copters etc? Am I best off flying with mouse and keyboard or using the joystick? What's the best combo of keys/mouse/joystick? I wanna practice it some more, but have no idea if I'm making life difficult/impossible for myself due to setup. Atm it's kinda default - mouse for side and pitch, keys for thrust etc but it doesn't feel great and I don't seem to be able to get copters to the speed others can quickly and the plane is just a nightmare!

Ok, last one I think .... I always play in a squad and it's much more fun imo. When I end up squad leader, I do all the attack here, defend here malarky ... but are there other things I'm missing, like communicating with the commander, doing other stuff for the squad (I know about staying alive and being a spawn point etc)?

ta

Fidge

Fledgling Freddie
For flying stuff, i use all default controls apart from flares which i have as q, turn all the yaw and pitch stuff up to about double default, and then just make a local server and practice.

For the medic and support stuff i dont know what the default key is but its one of the communication buttons, mines e so i can spot stuff quickly.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
iirc the medic/ammo here calls are made automatically when you throw an ammo or medibag.

talking to commander is "v" on default, and only SL's can do it. lemme see...if you spot something, ie "q" and right click you can select things like boat/plane/apc/sniper because the game will jump to "enemy forces" when things are out of visual range.

a thing I only just found out :/ is that commander can zoom the tactical map and thus can zero in on assets / enemies for pinpoint dropping of supplies or arty.

on flying, well Fidge has the right of it. set your yaw and pitch things to waaaay high. I can now fly a chopper with reasonable incompetance but planes are a definate nono for me still. there are plane-ninjas out there though, it's so unfair for us ground-bound folk. luckilly the new patch has aparantly improved SAM lock (so I hear) so I look forward to destroying some of the 50+ kill streak buggers :)

Chameleon

Fledgling Freddie
TdC said:
iirc the medic/ammo here calls are made automatically when you throw an ammo or medibag.

lemme see...if you spot something and right click you can select things like boat/plane/apc/sniper because the game will jump to "enemy forces" when things are out of visual range"
Ah ha! Cheers lads, I did wonder if that was the case with the medic/ammo thing. Didn't know about the spotting thing either tdc, ta :)
Thanks to both of ya .... will go change my yaw etc and load up a local server :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom