Some help over here please, Hoobly ha

mvrck1984

Fledgling Freddie
I play on Freddy's quite a bit and came accross this interesting and helpful forum. Now I have decided to get some answers myself.

Ok, my first question is, what is the reason for not being able to join a server. The sypmton is that when I try to join I go all the way through the map load screen and then I am kicked from every server I come accross due to the message, please revert to the original version of the game. They say they don't take unmodified content. All I did was patch the game so they have to take modified content right? I am confused.

That was my only question as well there isn't a second or third just that one thanks!

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
hmm. in the serverbrowser, do you have "same version only" checked?

mvrck1984

Fledgling Freddie
yes

Well I did check that same version only. Wouldn't there be only one version to play though. To make it more confusing is I just got done playing to kick ass maps on the server a minute ago and then promptly got kicked when the wake island map loaded. I just don't know what is going on.

mvrck1984

Fledgling Freddie
nope

The message was the same "This server does not allow for modified content, please revert to the original version of battlefield2" That is the quote from the message. Unless I'm getting kicked without trying to hurt my feelings, could be.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
hmm. you didn't delete the startup movies or anything like that did you?

it could also be punkbuster messing with you. it seems you can manually update PB to the latest version. details are prolly on the PB webby.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Sounds like a patch problem to me. Are you running 1.2? If not, as Teeds said, an incorrectly moved movie file or a Punkbuster error will do this as well.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
throdgrain said:
Are you playing BF2 ?

That could be the problem there :)

Oh he's off again. Haven't DEFRA had you put down yet? ;)

mvrck1984

Fledgling Freddie
Hey I didn't think about the punkbuster update. I just kept thinking it would auto update for some reason when I patched I am going to try that. I am wondering, is the 1.2 patch for special forces as well. Does it automatically fix both. I think I patched to 1.2 before I downloaded the special forces pack. My special forces is still 1.12

psyc1one

Loyal Freddie
if u already had a bf2 installation that was patched to 1.2 prior to the SF installation then SF will install patch 1.10.
so u need to reapply the full 1.2 patch, and from tomorrow on 1.21

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom