Some clarifications about Capitol City Siege and an idea

Gahn

Resident Freddy
I was under the impression that, to be able to siege the enemy Capitol City, one side needed to have control over all the 4 tiers, not only Tier 4.
Did i get it completely wrong?
If that's the case then we gonna see Tier1-3 deserted soon nuff and would be a shame for the game and a turnoff for new customers.

As for the actual cost of a claimed keep, it's set to 6g per hour from Guild Bank afaik, not wanna start a discussion about the fairness, but to help smaller entities to Claim a keep, wouldn't be possible to introduce an Alliance fee and let an entire Alliance claim a keep rather than only single Guilds?

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
You need to control 2 keeps behind the t4 zones to open up the enemy capitol city.
So you only need to control 2 t4 zones and then the city opens up.

dee777

Loyal Freddie
IIRC all tiers do "splash damage" to each other. So if you keep dominating T4 hard and long enough, you will get the lower tiers some time later as well.

I cant imagine doing it in any other way, unless a /XPoff switch was implemented to keep alts/twinks in lower tiers.

BTW, I like the alliance fee idea. However I think the guilds should still claim, but be able to pay (maybe even partly?) from alliance coffers.

dee777

Loyal Freddie
You need to control 2 keeps behind the t4 zones to open up the enemy capitol city.
So you only need to control 2 t4 zones and then the city opens up.

But can you attack the keeps without holding all tiers? I thought it was somehow chained to each other.

BigBadB

Fledgling Freddie
My understanding is that you don't have to hold all tiers, but you do have to gain control of all the 'enemy' zones in Tier 4 (the ones that are locked by default).

EDIT: According to the manual (which may be out of date), you first have to capture one of the three pairings in Tier 4, pushing the contested zone to the appropriate race's keep and capturing it. You then have 36 hours to capture another racial pairing, which then unlocks the enemy capital for assault.

No mention of Tier 1-3, other than to say that 'Tiers 1-3 are always available for capture and recapture'.

Spookie

Fledgling Freddie
You have to hold two T4 fortresses before you can zerg the city.

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
Well my understanding was that it would take a lot of people to take the keeps.

The Reikwald fortress on KEP fell in under 5 minutes with no rams and the inner door still intact. And there was only about 40 attackers.

I was on the oil when the door on the last wall fell and I was waiting for the Dest to start beating on the fortress door. Next thing I knew they were all running round the side of the fortress and then appeared next to me.

Surely they should have to kill more guards and also take down the door before they get into the keep?

aika

Can't get enough of FH
couldnt port into altdorf in the morning on KEP, then i saw ALL tier 4 keeps taken by destro, how does the city siege works exactly? any ways to port in and defend? :)

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
couldnt port into altdorf in the morning on KEP, then i saw ALL tier 4 keeps taken by destro, how does the city siege works exactly? any ways to port in and defend? :)

You cant defend when they lock down the main city through the PQs, welcome to Warhammer where the end game is PvE'ing your enemies city.
When the first set of PQs put the control bar of the city in favour of 1 side the other side gets kicked out and wont be able to enter and defend the city lord, nice design eh ;p

GReaper

Part of the furniture
We could do with some explanations of exactly how things are supposed to work, at the moment I've got a vague idea but the game doesn't seem to explain things in great detail.

I tagged along as soon as Altdorf was open for Destruction, however after completing the PQ to capture the city 5 times it just didn't seem like any progress was being made to finally capture the city and get to the next stage. The progress bar barely moved, I completed all but one of the quests in the area. Is this thing supposed to take hours? Days? Weeks?

I want to loot, pillage and rape Altdorf, but we just can't do it! :(

aika

Can't get enough of FH
From what I understood Destro just entered into the t4 fortresses via the postern door? if its true this must be a joke or something, cant believe such bug could pass through beta

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
From what I understood Destro just entered into the t4 fortresses via the postern door? if its true this must be a joke or something, cant believe such bug could pass through beta

A select few careers can go through the postern door with an ability. But not healer types afaik. I don't understand how you can take down the Lord or whatnot without support? Or is the door bugged so you can just walk in ? It kind of defeats the whole purpose.

I was shocked reading today that destruction had taken all the tier 4 fortresses with minimal effort (even with some defenders). This surely seems highly irregular and no challenge at all?

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
A select few careers can go through the postern door with an ability. But not healer types afaik. I don't understand how you can take down the Lord or whatnot without support? Or is the door bugged so you can just walk in ? It kind of defeats the whole purpose.

I was shocked reading today that destruction had taken all the tier 4 fortresses with minimal effort (even with some defenders). This surely seems highly irregular and no challenge at all?

Everyone could enter throught the door,really kills the point of having a bloody wall on first place.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Well my understanding was that it would take a lot of people to take the keeps.

The Reikwald fortress on KEP fell in under 5 minutes with no rams and the inner door still intact. And there was only about 40 attackers.

I was on the oil when the door on the last wall fell and I was waiting for the Dest to start beating on the fortress door. Next thing I knew they were all running round the side of the fortress and then appeared next to me.

Surely they should have to kill more guards and also take down the door before they get into the keep?

So the postern door is bugged and let enemies use it?

longbow

Fledgling Freddie
So if Ive read this thread correctly - then the attempt on altdorf failed due to bugs?

hibblet

Fledgling Freddie
Yep,the one which kinda looks like sewer entrance.

so in other words,

the first enemy entering through it thought hey a bug and told every 1 else in the war party and had all his m8s bug abbusing so give all Dist a 1 week ban so we can get the twrs etc back,

j/k really but a sad bug to have at this time

Vepo

Fledgling Freddie
Awwww where are the whine threads about the Order having their City slapped about?

spook

Fledgling Freddie
Why whine when the game itself apparently takes care of business for us? :> Although it was a bit annoying not being able to enter Altdorf :(

griralith

Fledgling Freddie

have you played AOC? amazing stuff can slip through the "testing" :twak:

how is beyond me though

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
holding tier 1 in a pairing gives a VP bonus to tier 2 which gives a VP bonus to tier 3 which gives a VP bonus to tier 4..

As someone above said "splash damage" - but it only goes from one tier to the tier above - not the other way around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom