Some advice

H

Hellforged

anyone here with some spare time to help me about choosing my character and stuff? I have ICQ & Messenger.

thanks tons

-HF

L

liste

or do as anyone else: Write your expectations and requirements here.

are you a re fighter type person, or a caster type? rogue maybe? or healer?

do you like to be in the front row when the show starts, or do you like to hang around behind, or in the outskirts of the battle, surveying the fight, and make critical strikes to turn the tide?

when you've narrowed your wishes down a bit, come back, and we'll talk about it again.

Classes of Camelot

This page can give you a good insight to which classes can do what, and such.

Good luck :) Its a jungle, so dont despair if your first choice turns out to be wrong.

H

Hellforged

Well im a natural caster type, in every possible game.

Plus I like the rogue aspect, nothing I like more than using a bow and an arrow.

So I'd say a rogue/caster type, with caster concentrating more on damage spells and maybe conjuring.

thanks, im sorry If I annoyed anyone...I just thought ICQ or something wouldve been more comfortable for you too.

-HF

F

fl3a

if as a caster u wanna do damage and conjure stuff then enchanter is the choice for you.

u might also wanna try something like hunter or scout.

my personal favourite is shaman thou.

S

slapmesilly..

Shaman rocks, you're very wanted in groups, and can hold your own in battles..

+ being a kibi with a BIG HAMMIR~!!!1 ROCKS!

SMITE SHAMAN 4 LIFE~!!!!!1

W

Whoodoo_RD

Sounds like a minstrel to me, nukes, mezz, stealth, backstab.....thats the ultimate caster / rogue hybrid. Sorry, means your gonna be an alb :( my condolences

I

inuyasha

Im also mage-at-heart =)

My advices would be:

Hib:
Enchanter or light ment. (both rather overpowered =)
Champion (they have CC AND they can tank)
Bards (number one messer and EASY to level)
or druid =)

Albion:
Theurgist/sorc/cabalist (theurgs is my favorite mage in this game. Albion have all the cool classes, but the realm is big boring and no mythical at all)
Minstrel/friar (both is classes with all you'll ever need)

Mid:
Skald (melee figure with crowd control)
Healer: nerf this class :p Have have area mess/root/stun and lots of it and instant and insane heals and insane buffs :p Dont give damage though =)
Shaman: You dot, you tank, you root, easy as that =)
Not really know much of midgard...boooooorin realm imoh =)
If you go mid though, i would make a healer

H

Hellforged

thanks, I'll put some thought to it,

P.S I was thinking about Mid on pryd...so if you can go further into a mid class I might find appropriate that would be great,

thx.

K

Karam_gruul

be a tank, all casters are shit in this game. just... boring, dull and look rubbish. be an armsman, uber uber dmg, uber uber uber looks and oh such uber weaponry.

and i own

novamirs gay :(

W

Whoodoo_RD

If your going Mid, its hard to say. But as a rule:

Mellee only:
Warrior - Hit and hope - pure fighting class
Bezerker - Hit and hope, and turns into a giant hamster when annoyed

Not really what you say your looking for

Casters
Runemaster - Excelent damage spells, good debuffs and a blade turn spell if you go the suppression route - latter always popular in groups, but no good till supp 26
Spiritmaster - Pet summoner - again some good damage spells, and some excalent targetted spells. Wasnt popular until last patch, but now made its mark.

Hybrids
Thane - Tricky to not say positive things about my main char, does have a lot of good points, although its area effect (AE) damage spells (Mjolliner) do require a degree of refrain.
Skald - The most popular choice, damage spells, mezz and speed, always Midgards favorite taxi too, rarely short of a group.

Support classes
Healer - Depending on the routes you take, this is the best crowd controller there is, mezz, AE mezz, stun, AE stun and insta casts of both in the Pacification line. Some fair group and self buffs with he Augmentation line, and general medic. One drawback - cant fight solo for toffee.
Shaman - Some great group and self buffs, direct damage spells, rooting ability, endurance regen, Damage over time (DoT) spells, disease spells, if your going solo, this is the one, self healing too :)

The choice is yours

W

Whoodoo_RD

One question I would ask, is there any particular reason for going Prydwen?

H

Hellforged

Of course, Roleplaying.

I dont like anything else.

Flame away.

S

Sarnat

There is hardly anyone who roleplays in DAoC. Sorry. I wish it was otherwise but this game is more of combat than role playing.

I can recall just one person who has ever roleplayed in DAoC... He was some zerker on excalibur during the beta. He played this dimwitted dwarf and was good at it...

H

Hellforged

Well I guess im starting to be glad I still dont get a response from them about my pass.

T

Tilda

for RPing go on the prydwen server not excalibur.
there are several role playing guilds there.

Tilda

H

Hellforged

Well, I guess I'll find out, when they mail me my pass in the year of 4021.

F

Fex

Thats not exactly true, there are guilds on mid pryd which are roleplay guilds alone, even in SC we have people who roleplay.
I know Krill GM of Nyd is an active role player as is Spug from Talons Reach, i'm sure the same can be said for alot of other guilds, you just have to look a little closer than you do to find the RvR guilds ect. Dont give up so soon, there are people out there like you who from the moment that they log on want to role play

H

Hellforged

Well, Still no reply (day after), but I already decided on an Enchanter.

O

old.job

Splendid choice my man, hopefully you are aware of respeccing and of the 'obligitary' visit to the battlegrounds at level 24.
'Mini low level version of RVR'.

H

Hellforged

no I am not =]

I know im gonna open all-hib chars anyway, but im not sure what yer talking about.

K

Kharok Svark

If you ever decide to try Mid,

And if you dont mind a bit of tough levelling,

You might want to try a Hunter.

You mentioned you like Bow & Arrow.
They also get to Charm Creatures.
And they get Stealth and a few Self Buffs.

TBH I don't know much about them, mine is only level 6, but you might want to try one.

O

old.job

Battlegrounds were introduced as a way to give low level players training in Realm versus realm, there are 3 but only the 20-24 Battleground gets used, only people of those levels from the 3 realms can visit, you port there and battle commences, they are very popular and great fun, smaller groups fight which is easier on your GFX card and combat is guaranteed because the area is much smaller. There is a central keep which can be claimed by force by any realm and then defended.

Also hope your feeling flush, because the Shrouded Isle expansion pack is out end next month, and you'll want that won't you;)

Shouls have your account by then.

H

Hellforged

Well, thanks for the good spirit all but if something isnt changed, no my account wont be active...

I cant imagine an automated system taking 2days to answer, im still giving it time, but I think something just isnt right.

A

Aileanara

Originally posted by Hellforged
Of course, Roleplaying.

I dont like anything else.

Flame away.

Take a look at the link in my signature :)
hope to see you in Hib soon

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by Whoodoo_RD
Sounds like a minstrel to me, nukes, mezz, stealth, backstab.....thats the ultimate caster / rogue hybrid.

Hah!
:p

L

liste

dont think that email has automated anything on it.

however, they're being very very very busy in GOA headquarters these days, what with Shrouded Isles and all. They have to get 1.57 by Febuary SI-release. Good luck :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom