Some advice pls...

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
This is kinda in relation to Casks thread about bad breath.

This guy who I work with, no matter what topic its on will make up shit and claim it to be the truth. Other people are getting pissed off with this bloke aswell (so I'm not just being silly :D). You all know the type of person I'm on about - a Sun reader who thinks their views are gospel etc.

So the question is, do I or someone else actually pull this guy aside and tell him to stop speaking crap - or do we let it continue, with him thinking he is some sort of 'God'?

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
Ask him if he reads the sun. It is always the ones that dispute that they do. Classics.

Chilly

Balls of steel
i know one or two ppl like that, i find it rather hard to keep my temper around arrogant slags like them usually and just tell them to stop speaking shit. The ones who reaslise wot they doin generally stop and nothing is said, but the eejuts who carry on tend to not get invited out for a drink so often.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Tell him to CTFO tbh.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
What kind of stuff does he make up? Just wait till he spouts shite about something you know about, then face him down.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Thanks Will, sensible modding.

Dying Of Anchovies is not to be laughed at ;)

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Introduce him to my best friend - Mr Google.

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
We were discussing Iraq, and British forces deployed there, which lead to me and someone else talking about the possible cut backs. He walks in and immediately jumps in the conversation, spouts so much shit about it all it was unbelievable. I just had to sit back and laugh really.

It just gets riiiight on my tit.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
All you have to do is face him down with a few educated opinions and some solid facts, and you'll embarrass the fuck out of him

Vae

Resident Freddy
I agree with Tom. Once you start throwing solid facts in these types of peoples faces it becomes obvious how much of an idiot they are being. Either that or let them overextend their argument to the point of idiocy and cut their feet out from under them with a few well targeted and supported points. Rather humiliating and hopefully they'll take the point.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
i used to work with a guy who sounds a bit like the bloke you describe Cdr

unfortunatly this guy couldnt remember what shit he was speaking from one minute to the next and it was quite easy to get him to contradict himself on several occasions in a short period of time, thus exposing him for the bullshitter he really was infront of the managing director ( he terminated his employment contract several days latter)

Clown

Part of the furniture
I know a couple of people like this.
One of them is a really good bloke, but will argue with you about anything. I end up letting him 'win' the argument, but he's a really funny man.
The other is a complete toss-pot. He used to be in our group of friends, but managed to get all of us, including the most patient ones, to ignore him. Wanker. EDDY YOU ARE A WANKER. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU!!

mank!

Part of the furniture
Clown said:
The other is a complete toss-pot. He used to be in our group of friends, but managed to get all of us, including the most patient ones, to ignore him. Wanker. EDDY YOU ARE A WANKER. FUCK YOU. FUCK YOU!!

I'll get you back one day!

I know the type of person you're on about, but I dunno about proving them wrong. It usually just goads them. Whenever he talks bollocks, leave the room. You may find you spend a lot of time out of his company, but that's no big loss is it?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Start talking about, as an example, the last superbowl.

Now, you talk about it and then you say:

"Hey Jeff, what did you think of the final touchdown by the Buccaneers?"

"Oh it was awesome man!"

"Ofcourse the buccaneers didn't play this year, but what the hey..."

Should silence him up. Ofcourse you should:

A: Talk about stuff until he feks up like that.

B: Make sure his name is Jeff or you might sound a bit silly.

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Cdr said:
So the question is, do I or someone else actually pull this guy aside and tell him to stop speaking crap - or do we let it continue, with him thinking he is some sort of 'God'?

Here's either what you do, or show him.

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
He is just reading about something somewhere then saying it as his own. The Copy paste of normal life.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Got a perfect example of one of these people where I work. I actually feel sorry for him because of the stupidity that spouts from his mouth ("I chipped my tooth opening a can of coke but it's ok, it grew back"). Now I've had enough and I completely ignore him apart from the occassional grunt/nod/acknowledgement-of-his-existence.

It's funny watching some people pretend to enjoy talking to him and then slag him off the second his back is turned. Two faced fucks are more of a concern to me than bullshitters. Because he believes he is popular because these people "want" to talk to him, he does stuff for them. Only little things (jobs they don't want to do at work for example) but still it adds up to them using him. It's pitiful really and I just steer well clear of the whole mess.

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
We have one or two of these shite spouting types where I work, except they tend to read the Mirror rather than the Sun. As for the two faced mob, my workplace is teeming with the fuckers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom