SoM Nerf

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Link to VN

In the above link to a thread on VN, a guy have written some good and valid points about the change to SOM in 1.78a.

Please take the time to copy and paste it into the herald feedbackform, we need loads of people to do this if we wanna keep the current form of it. Personally I cant stand the ugly shadeform :/

Thanks.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Isnt the shade mode intended to show other players that you have the buff up - surely taking it away provides an unfair advantage.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Tears said:
Isnt the shade mode intended to show other players that you have the buff up - surely taking it away provides an unfair advantage.

yea maybe, but how fun is it when everyone and his aunt is running around looking the same, and also with a very shitty model...

he actually suggest other solutions aswell. (the poster on VN that is)

Nax

Fledgling Freddie
doh :p imo it should be this way :p then you can see who uses it :p

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Nax said:
doh :p imo it should be this way :p then you can see who uses it :p

wouldnt it better if the original model simply was enhanced in some way to show that SoM actually is up? Without looking shit? :eek:

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
If you want to use the good side of it you must be faced with the bad side too.

IMO.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Sent.

I don't mind having to have a morph graphic from SoM cause DS cat form overrides it, but I did say I'd like an updated cata skin version.

I always cancel it, just because it looks poo. :(

Gamah

Banned
Jaem- said:
Sent.

I don't mind having to have a morph graphic from SoM cause DS cat form overrides it, but I did say I'd like an updated cata skin version.

I always cancel it, just because it looks poo. :(

Yea same croc mode will over ride it..but 1min 30 of looking like a gimp is 1 min 30 too long :(

Tsabo

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
yea maybe, but how fun is it when everyone and his aunt is running around looking the same, and also with a very shitty model...

he actually suggest other solutions aswell. (the poster on VN that is)

Better to keep the "nerf" imo. Peronsally I never use SoM proc, I use SoM for SL. But would be nice to see who the pussies are using SoM proc all the time.

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Agrd it should stay as is. Changing it won't make much of a tactical difference, you can make a reasonable guess that any stealther who has it up will be using it, and most other soloers. The problem to my mind will be with so many people everyone looking the same... call me a roleplayer, but I think it will take something out the game.

edit: and the small tactical advantage you are given by knowing somebody has it up is probably negated by not being able to instantly tell their class (from gear).

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Why why change the cloak. whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....... :twak:

It was working perfectly fine befor so why change it for god sake.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
i just sent it too

fuck that i dont wanna look like a burnt toast soldier lol

koxi

One of Freddy's beloved
I hate the shadeform because I can't see if bow or spear is equipped.. if i'm in attack mode or not.. imo if they want to force us to be shapechanged while ablative is up, the atleast make a new shadeform that shows the weap and wich mode we are in!..

/nerf :twak:

/sent too =)

Novac

Fledgling Freddie
i dont mind really. ive got often accused for hacking cause of being shademode and doings chants. someone thought i was a stealther... anyway, ive sent it.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
it looks so shit. no weapon models, no style color swing things.

Lots of artis run things that dont change your model. Winged helm etc...

sent.

Gungo

One of Freddy's beloved
Don't really care tbh, shade for or no shade form, i pwwnnnn!!!

:eek7: :eek7: :eek7:

Jjuraa

Banned
i dont mind having the shadeform up constantly, they just HAVE to make it a better model... its fucking stupid as it is atm- a 5 minute bodge job.

/sent

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Be cool if you were in normal mode but with smoke and stuff coming off you

Think those fire blokes from ml7 dungeon but with blacksmoke shimmering off you

Misty!

Gamah

Banned
I thought if they made the morph a taur..it would be pretty cool D:

Outlander

Part of the furniture
I agree that its a crap form. Hate the model. Hate the fact I have no weapon models and the fact I cant see styles. Always remove shade form when I use the proc. It SUX.

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Don't remember anyone whining about not having style animations with the old shade :p

censi

Can't get enough of FH
of course.

because the old shadeform actually had a purpose. It made you harder to spot. Hence the "shadeform" name.

I think it was intended for this ability as well as the defensive ablative, to visually make you harder to see. The initial shadeform was too difficult to see but they turned a good idea into a heap of cow dung with the follow up grapphix. It does look like a botch job or a quick fix tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom