Soloers in Emain

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
I've been trying Emain for the last 2 days with my skald and zerker and it has been almost completely dead there.
Odin's and Hadrian's is often full of FGs or at the very least half full groups, which makes it very hard to solo.
It has been possible to solo there late at night or early afternoon, but i'm still outnumbered most of the time or someone will add.

Why don't we make Emain into a solo zone? :p
I know it's not possible all the time and that some groups will go there if they know there's soloers to be ganked, but i will try Emain for a while now with my zerker(rr3) anyway, if someone wants a fight. :)
Emain has the dock on the right side of the bridge, and i think that's one of the reasons it's so empty.
That should make it a nice place for soloers/duos to roam, without interference from the FGs going to the dock?

Maybe i've been away from lv 50 RvR too long and don't know where the soloers go these days, or maybe soloing is simply futile?

Veno

Fledgling Freddie
Solo'ing can at times be a complete waste of time. Others its simply great with no adds and loads of 1v1. Depends on time of day and where you are compared to the 'main' action.

Best bet is to roam around the action and not in the direct path of the reinforcements. Atleast thats my experience when ive had speed.

Otherwise park yourself at a bridge, kill 2-3, get zerged, rinse and repeat til you get bored and log.

:(

censi

Can't get enough of FH
emain is dead because mids and albs would have to get on a boat to get there.

tbh mids like porting to bleed and rvring albs like porting to beno and rvring.

its a fact in the same way emain OF frontiers was the main RVR area (terrain my ass). its now the quietest for the same reason.

albs and mids will ofc deny this. /salute to the ones that do come to emain though dont want to generalise.

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Censi, although you may be right, i personally think soloers wouldn't mind taking a boat somewhere to get away from all the FGs out there.
I sure don't, even on my zerker who has no speed.

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Too late to edit, but...

I think one of the reasons there's so few there, is because of the dock being on the right/wrong side.
It's pointless to camp the bridge when noone ever walks across it.
If we could make NF Emain into what OF Odin's/Hadrian's used to be, i think that would be great for a lot of people.
Many soloers, like me, don't want to camp PoC entrance or roam around exp spots for some easy kills, we want nice good fights against others, to test our toon, skills, RAs, whatever you wanna call it.
Emain seems like a good place to me. :)

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
If you can get more people to solo in emain it'd be great zoia.

I've had some great duels with Anzeila there, although he tends to beat me.

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Mirt said:
If you can get more people to solo in emain it'd be great zoia.

I've had some great duels with Anzeila there, although he tends to beat me.
As i said in your video thread, you kicked my ass good once, but would be fun to try with my zerker. :)

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
Sure, zerks are slash weak after all :>

MaddogUK

Fledgling Freddie
Hib

Hib frontier is ideal for me. Can go where i want solo and not have to worry to much about groups...some days i do welll...somedays i dont. I'm a middie and i have no problem heading out to Hib

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Well, around bold-renaris is the only place I can find decent fights. Odin's you will get adds from own realm and often a bit hard to find anything there , Hadrian's is not even worth trying, loads of grps roaming and a bit zergy. Found it hard to solo lately :/

Config

Fledgling Freddie
Problem is that if we would find a solo spot then it would be filled with a lot of others in little time, doesnt mather if its hib land, alb or mid, living proof is beno bridge where there was 3 fgs camping instead of roaming as real groups doing.

This game is not made as a solo or 8 vs 8 obviously, even tho the game have been formed mostly that way. I do however enjoy a good 1 vs 1 fight, even if the odds are against me big time. 20% of the fights are decent fights, 10% of those 20 % are considering as really good fights. 80% are just some random ganks as a caster runs by you adding before the one you trying to hit even get a chance to hit back, boring imo.

So what to do about it? Nothing, cause the aim from mythics side is a RVR game not a solo or 8 vs 8. Aslong those 20% (who constantly are on a thin line) are fun, myself and others will stay.

If there would be a way to raise those 20% of joy, it would make me happy atleast :)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
when im semiafk i usually stand on crau bridge with my champ, but its either some roleplaying stealthzerg there instakilling me or nothing at all :p

fun to duel zoia tho, even tho champ are so overpowered in duel it made me feel guilty :mad:

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Zoia said:
I've been trying Emain for the last 2 days with my skald and zerker and it has been almost completely dead there.

I've been doing the exact same thing myself when HW is zerged, and have actually had some good fights there. I usually stand on the bridge just in clip range of people going to the dock, its risky but i've had some nice fights and duels from some of the people that have spotted me there, and you can jump into the water to avoid the unwanted attention if fast enough.

I've been on night shift this week though which is why I probably havent seen you around that area.

Its somewhat rediculous really that hibs dock is right next to the bloody tower within guard aggro range when everyone else has to cross the river or bridge to reach their dock away from safety. But thats mythic for you :mad:

I've make a point of spending time there this week to try and encourage some solo action in the zone :D Would be nice to fight something other then stealthers for a change.

And full respect to whoever the shar champion was I was dueling up there last week, best fight i've had in ages. ;)

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
Zoia said:

so you solo do u?

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
the problem with emain is the perma stealth zerg camping docking hibs (well 'perma')

i sometimes roam around betwen crim and crau, but hardly ever find something, or at least something willing to fight, as solo melee class wo stealth, stealthers get to pick the fights, and most of the time they pick not to fight or to zerg you (even with 350radius castable stealth lore, they know u have it and keep safe distance)
have had some nice 1v1 every now and then still, guess its a lot bout patience :D (still prefer grouping with a bard and taking out thsoe stealth zergs or small grps at odins/hadrians)

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Might wanna not go to emain solo for a lil while after last nights relic raid :D

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
rampant said:
so you solo do u?

You're kidding me?

Zoia's been soloing since before you were born. Groups, too, but lots and lots of soloing.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
emain sounds good though the hibs may have put your plans on hold a bit :)

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
I love emain but it takes a looong time for a solo'er to come out.

There's a nice spot by DC where you can stand & not get aggro by guards(if you a hunter/scout) but then there's always some f00kin POS GG grp that chases you for a measly 2xx rp's :( stupid cockends. it's depressing sometimes waiting for 2~3 hours waiting

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
rampant said:
so you solo do u?
I don't run with both skald and zerker at the same time, if that's what you ment.
Kinda hard, since they are on the same account. :p

I wont be on till after midnight, but will take a few runs with my zerker then.

Kerith

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
emain is dead because mids and albs would have to get on a boat to get there.

tbh mids like porting to bleed and rvring albs like porting to beno and rvring.

its a fact in the same way emain OF frontiers was the main RVR area (terrain my ass). its now the quietest for the same reason.

albs and mids will ofc deny this. /salute to the ones that do come to emain though dont want to generalise.

award for the most rediculous post of the year plz ?

HW is the main rvr zone because durin primetime fgs often go to farm the alb zerg who would undoubtably be there if your constantly picking at our keeps. id much prefer to rvr in emain its a more pleasent place in general, thats why it was OF main rvr zone. more open areas for decent fg vs fg. this idea that alb and mid dont like to get boat is tbh laughable, get a grip and await the incomming mass of rvr activity to hib now u have mid power relic

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Kerith said:
award for the most rediculous post of the year plz ?

HW is the main rvr zone because durin primetime fgs often go to farm the alb zerg who would undoubtably be there if your constantly picking at our keeps. id much prefer to rvr in emain its a more pleasent place in general, thats why it was OF main rvr zone. more open areas for decent fg vs fg. this idea that alb and mid dont like to get boat is tbh laughable, get a grip and await the incomming mass of rvr activity to hib now u have mid power relic

Ahh so your saying that the alb zerg wont come to hib becouse we kill them in alb?
Good point mate! And dont talk about picking on your keeps, becouse thats really BS.. We just run to the door and sui, when there is no more albs to farm..
:flame:

siaka

Banned
Ogen said:
Ahh so your saying that the alb zerg wont come to hib becouse we kill them in alb?

he said you did go to alb to farm the zerg that resides on occasus bridge, now you have the mid power relic the albs that previously stood on occasus all day will go hib to try to recover their lost relic.

Svdeviant

Fledgling Freddie
Solo..its delicated situation..cant solo that much on night times coz of zerg....
u die 1-2-3-4-5 times and then u will say "pff im bored im gonna log ... :p" or
"bah i make fg instead" or "i think i gonna camp an artif " ...etc ... thats alll..
:touch:

Beltorak

Fledgling Freddie
Think RvR Casual Scene became even more crap since the release of the new classes.

Shet loads of solo Warlocks haninging in Odin, cuz they are all too rp horny to grp up and taking the boat to hib/alb is a waste of time cuz they will kill 1 then get steam rolled.

Shet loads of solo/duo/trio albs haning in HW waiting for any GG to get bored and come so they can collectively kill em.

Emain is mainly stelly at dock spots.

Givf back OF Odin (but remove MIlegates) where pick up grps had some rox fights.

Kerith

Fledgling Freddie
Ogen said:
bla bla bla ... And dont talk about picking on your keeps, becouse thats really BS.. bla bla bla

sorry i mistook either beno walls on 30% or hurb undersiege (or both ! ) nearly everyday as u picking at our keeps. bigsoz

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom