Solo Sorc Spec?

O

old.Wildfire

dunno about body sorcs but i could solo oranges pretty easily with 36 mind / 40 matter

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Dunno about matter sorcs but could solo oranges pretty easily with 36 mind / 40 body. :p

S

Sol-

best solo rvr spec sorc is 50 matter. tried it on gorre and it was rather funny :p

M

morgonslak

well since they've introduced sorc pom, 50 matter can't possibly be the best solo spec...

O

old.Wildfire

wtf does pom stand for?

(and yes i know what pot/mr/crack mean)

G

Galiryn

purity of mind i think :)

its the pow regen that healers get

B

baphomet

Thanks for the tips.
I've chosen a Mind/body Combo, roughly evenly split between the two at the moment.
Probably up Body a bit faster later.

J

Javai

With 46 mind/27 matter I have no trouble solo'ing in pve. Oranges are easy but better yet find something yellow that bafs :)

Didn't roll a Sorc for solo rvr though and I really can't do it - dead to Shadowzerg before I get a pet :rolleyes:

B

baphomet

Originally posted by Javai
but better yet find something yellow that bafs :)

I've been thinking of trying that, but I'm still very inexperienced with running a sorc, but it sounds like fun.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Use your str/con AE debuff while you are mezzing them and then you and your pet will be able to chew through the mobs. You should be able to kill most of them before the 1 minute timer on the debuff runs out. :)

Of course, the AE mezz at your level will only last 22 seconds or something so...:)

B

baphomet

Originally posted by Sissyfoo
Use your str/con AE debuff while you are mezzing them and then you and your pet will be able to chew through the mobs. You should be able to kill most of them before the 1 minute timer on the debuff runs out. :)

Of course, the AE mezz at your level will only last 22 seconds or something so...:)

OK, thanks, I'll try that out.
I think I can kill off 1 mob within 22 seconds atm (crosses fingers).
Anyway, I'm only 6th level, so the xp loss isn't much if I die.

F

fl_gorre

going solo with a lowbi sorc is a nightmare
mayb with the pot we got now it might seem as a big advantage
but there it ends
sorces get only powerfull when they get in their mid 40ies

id sincerly recommend to go full mind till lvl34 (cuz without a propper aoe mezz ull die fast in xp grps due resisted mezzes)
and for soloing at low lvls ull need it to get a pet wich is somewhere near your lvl
for soloing finding a good pet is the key
this combined with debuffs, fast spawning grped(!) mobs and your off to have some decent xp
(qc amnesia btw if u got agroo so the pet takes the mob off u so u can continue draining or running away :p )

my best recommendation is to go 34mind/rest body for pve
only
but for rvr u will be better of with another spec

why body and not matter as second spec:
decent nukes, a second CC spell being aoe root wich allows u to get extra time for u or your grp to kill the remaining mobs after mezz is over
and last but not least the ice/fire/matter debuffs

i really cant give a decent comment on matter cuz i never specced it
but a single snare+dot just aint worth it imho
(btw does the spec matter dot stacks with teh base one?)

B

baphomet

Originally posted by fl_gorre
going solo with a lowbi sorc is a nightmare
mayb with the pot we got now it might seem as a big advantage
but there it ends
sorces get only powerfull when they get in their mid 40ies
*snip*

OK,thanks for the info.

It's interesting you say that it's deadhard to go solo with a Sorc.
Because the reason I chose a sorc as a solo char was I have read in various places like daoc.catacombs that it was one of the best classes for solo.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

When Goore says go 34 mind, what he really meant to say was 36 so that you get the second best PoT. :)

The rest I would agree with. You will be loved by groups up if you have full mind up till about 40 ish. When you hit 43ish you will be able to solo really effectively. At 44 you get a telamon and then most of Lyonesse and Cornwall is your playground. :)

...just stay away from the tangs till about 48-49...especially if you don't have a buff bot. ;)

O

old.Wildfire

No, go 34 then start putting all your points into your choice of body or matter. Once you hit 49.5 or something (havent done the maths) top off your mind to 36 - your nukes debuffs dots etc will be more useful to the group in pve than a marginally better pot.

B

Bellona

36 mind
40 body

lvl mind to 34 first and then rest body/mind

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by Sissyfoo

...just stay away from the tangs till about 48-49...especially if you don't have a buff bot. ;)

You mean a rezz-bot? :p

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Originally posted by old.Wildfire
No, go 34 then start putting all your points into your choice of body or matter. Once you hit 49.5 or something (havent done the maths) top off your mind to 36 - your nukes debuffs dots etc will be more useful to the group in pve than a marginally better pot.

I was correcting this bit ;) :

my best recommendation is to go 34mind/rest body for pve
only
but for rvr u will be better of with another spec

I didn't hit 36 mind till 49/50.

F

fl_gorre

well the optimal specs for RvR and PvE are kinde or even very different for our class
while leveling your sorc u will start to feel her/him and will be able to decide later on wich spec u like most of all
u got a respec at 40 or even the dragonstones if u get lucky or patient
i wouldnt worry about your rvr spec atm cuz u seem to be more intrested in the lvling

and about sorces being great solo chars thats completly true
but its very tricky to play them
(harder then hitting the sprint buttom every pull like that other solo class :p )

btw confusion4tehwin!!!!11!!!!
http://corpses.fuzzy.be/pics/sshot001.jpg
http://corpses.fuzzy.be/pics/sshot002.jpg
http://corpses.fuzzy.be/pics/sshot003.jpg
http://corpses.fuzzy.be/pics/sshot004.jpg
http://corpses.fuzzy.be/pics/sshot005.jpg
http://corpses.fuzzy.be/pics/sshot006.jpg
spammed confusion in ellyl ruins till i was oom and then we went walkin around inside
30+ellyls hitting each other == hilarious

(btw on lower levels your confusion is pretty useless , teh chances of confused mobs hitting each other increase by lvl of the spell at lvl 46 its something around 75% orso)

K

K0nah

Originally posted by fl_gorre
(btw does the spec matter dot stacks with teh base one?)

yes it does and its quite evul ;)

mind/matter atm in bg1 and what i dont like about matter is it renders yours cc options to nil once u dot/doubledot a mob/player. was planning 44mind/31matter final template, gonna stick with matter to 40 see how it goes. the aoe root is very tempting for end game tho, grp purge & bingo they all rooted, ripe for debuffing the crap out of ;)

G

Glema

Sorcerors are great fun to level :)

Mine is Matter with enough Mind to keep the even level pet - there is nothing more satisfying than taking on a linked trio of mobs orange/yellow con - and the XP and gold isnt too shabby either.

For linked mobs -
The slave masters and bodyguards (very nice pet) are good at about lvl 15

At about 21-25 the drakorans at the start of avalon Isle are good (Drakoran mages nuke and root - very good)

From 32 you can start doing the drakorans near Wearyall Village(Thaumaturge is the best pet here with damage shield and lvl 35 baseline DOT)

S

Sol-

Originally posted by morgonslak
well since they've introduced sorc pom, 50 matter can't possibly be the best solo spec...

u dont need pom if your solo really do you.... doesnt use much pwr doing the matter spells with a 50 focus staff. its not like you need to give hte other casters pom... so, if your only going to solo in rvr 50 matter is the best. DoT for about 200 + crits and snare DD

B

baphomet

Well, I took the advice from this thread and things are working out great.
Soloing with my sorc is kinda fun actually..

Thanks again folks.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom