solo shaman temps...

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
what should a solo shaman temp consist of? i was thinking some melee dmg along with other shaman bonuses, but will they just run around kiting? (they can get cl styles and have their own end regen thats purp so they can do quite well in melee, cept for shitty dmg maybe ;D)

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH
Huntingtons said:
what should a solo shaman temp consist of? i was thinking some melee dmg along with other shaman bonuses, but will they just run around kiting? (they can get cl styles and have their own end regen thats purp so they can do quite well in melee, cept for shitty dmg maybe ;D)

sadly the cl styles are utterly crap, just a bit higher to hit rate... if i were making a solo champ temp i would build in AT/EC and Jacina for spell piercing, add some duration bonus to make the DoT stick longer, and get the piety at 101 and ofc standardly get the dex and cast spd up. Maybe try to add some melee spd and have battler on the back and get the RA Adrenaline Rush when meleeing with the 2h battler...

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
heh, wont activate battler 2hand coz i might redo it to grp and there i need battler 1hand (with sog on back, or malice) but yeah thats prolly a good idea...

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH
Huntingtons said:
heh, wont activate battler 2hand coz i might redo it to grp and there i need battler 1hand (with sog on back, or malice) but yeah thats prolly a good idea...

use it in 1h then for the abs debuff and try to find either a sword or hammer rog with celerity procc for 2h with fitting stats, reason i only say sword or hammer is because axe have a bugged weaponskill and is smth like 1/3 only, dont have any actuall % on how much you loose on WS, but there is a clear diffrent, its a bug ofc and will prolly get fixed sometime i guess..

Kados

Loyal Freddie
I would make go for high dex, pie, con. Magic range, speed, and dmg. In that order

And cant activate EC on Shaman...........bitter experince

...but what do I know about shamans anyway

Shafu

Fledgling Freddie
My advice is "tricks" and "defense".

By tricks I mean artifact abilities. My cave shaman has two speed charges, SoG for snare, BoZ for interrupt, EoY for ae rez, and WH for the damage shield.

Defense is very important too (resists and hits). If a charge tank gets you below 30% health you're dead. If you're above 30% health (when charge expires) you have a very good chance of winning. Minstrels are another good example. You have to survive the DD/mezz/stun/zephyr onslaught before you can even begin fighting.

IMO, it's not worth it to focus too much on enhancing your damage output. Especially not your melee damage. Shaman melee damage sucks, but more importantly, when you fight an enemy in melee you expose yourself to stuns/snares.

Oh, and btw, spell duration does not affect DoTs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom