Solo Mincer

X

xevius

If you had the chance to power level a mincer. get the +12 inst.
Get the best gear cash could buy. A nice bb etc.

What would you spec? Would you recomend a mincer for soloing?
What race? Where to put the first stat 30 points u get to spend?
Thrust or slash etc?
Also, anyone wanna have a character power leveld if I power levels his? Dont wanna get a 4th acount :)
tnx in advance for any replies.

T

Tualatin

50 instruments for last melee buffer
29 slash (best anytime style for the spec pts u put in it)
rest stealth = 33 when autotrained
still gives u 32 left over, put more more in slash orsmt ;)
or

43 instru for last speed
39 slash for nice style when u stunned nme
rest stealth (33)

go either Briton or Highlander

dex,str,con

G

Gordonax

50/30/30 (plus whatever you get autotraining). Go slash, rather than thrust. You definitely want to go 50 instruments, not just for the melee buffer, but for the upgraded DD shouts coming in 1.65.

X

xevius

How about survivability. Able to play solo and not be assasin food etc.
I have basically allways played caster and really feel for beeing able to spend some time now and then solo for myself.

I have promised myself never role a infy so minstrels whats come to my mind.

dmg output etc. Will I actually last against rest? With 30 in slash etc

X

xevius

Sorry forgot to say thnx for the replies so far.

AND.......will I need 50 instrument now? Cant I respec when 1.65 gets here?

E

elder_theurgist

Mincer

Hi

Spec first:

Yes you need 50 instruments now, as its way the best spec, as the 70 points abalative is better then what you can get for the points elsewhere.

If you get everything capped 25-30 stealth is enough, at least when you get a few RR. You might suffer a bit as low RR, if yuo only take it to 25.

your damage output will be good enough whit 29 slash, but I would take it a bit higher if posible (autotrain). (have 50-34-25stealth myself - but newer played amos before RR6).

Just renember you are not a melee char - hunters - assasins and most other melee char will own you in melee, so you have to learn to use all your skills to solo well. (im still practising :D )

Also mincer only really shine after 5L3 when you can get sos-purge-IP. Unless you plan to respec forget about any other RA's til you get those 3 :)

S

Silenzio

45 39 30

working very well since lower rr...

till 1.65 miss only 30 absorb point
not that huge,

higer weap skill ecc

btw slash higlander

10 con
10 str
10 dex/charisma

this give good advantage soloing for exp and soloing rvr

also good 50 30 30 seems... but wont consider til 1.65

u talk bout soloing so forget crap like 50 43 ecc

X

xevius

Yah arindra............and last time we spoke you said you believe in santa is real .............

1.65 - Feb 2004 ;)

E

Edohadien

first.

u wanna solo fine
this is the spec

44 inst
39 slash
29 stealth

u dont need to go 50inst..
just get somegood cs and a god weaps and ur set

L

Loth

I'm specced 45 Intruments 34 Slash 34 Stealth

I'm RR5 currently and find this spec very versatile - I effectively have 59 Insts 49 weapon and 49 stealth (there's no better defense than being invisible to most classes).

So yeah, go 50 30 30 like ALL the other Minsts do :rolleyes:

Personally, I don't agree.

Ok, so you get the 70 ablative - 30 points more damage absorbed every 6 seconds over the level 40 ablative - makes a big difference when that Savage is hitting you . . . ;)

You get PowerSong 5 - casters will love you of course, unless they have a crack buff off a Sorc - upon which they'll bitch if you play power and overwrite the crack buff :D

You'll get nice level 50 DD in 1.65 - powercosts are supposedly a bit nasty on these new DDs, in return for about 40 more damage.

After 1.65 I'll have a level 44DD and a level 43DD, thankyou very much Mythic :clap:

The DDs aren't so bad now, just that the 35DD gets resisted to buggery . .

**This post is just meant to provide advice from the non-50 Intruments croud and is purely my opinion.**

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom