Solo friar spec?

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
What spec should i go for on a solo friar?

full staff and 42\38 enh rest parry? or what? :)

please help me out:) and if anyone got the url for a new and updated character builder for friars please post them :drink:

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
im specing 50 staff, 42 enc, 7 rejuv rest parry. Seems the best for soloing. When im gonna duo im respeccing 50 staff 38 enc, to get 15 or 18 rejuv, rest parry.
Concerning char buildier.. been looking for that to, but dont think there is one made :(

DavidH

Part of the furniture
You're gonna get really, really disappointed if you think friar is good for soloing at all. Even a Warden with traitors dagger and rogs will eat you alive.

mmmpie

Fledgling Freddie
What DavidH said :(

It was before ToA arrived,friars was able to trip around solo!

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
DavidH said:
You're gonna get really, really disappointed if you think friar is good for soloing at all. Even a Warden with traitors dagger and rogs will eat you alive.

what makes friar's suck in rvr? :(

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
mikke said:
what makes friar's suck in rvr? :(

soloing is a lot easier at RR5. besides that being ML8 for bodyguard, having a toa temp and artis at level 10 will allow you to have more fun soloing. One on one with stealthers or 2 v 1 i usually do ok, but if i didn't have most of my artis and toa temp finished you can be RP fodder even for low level stealthers.

I tend to do best at those thinking i am a wizzy and then clobber them for 400 damage.

IF friars had physical defence realm ability would be better for the solo - send mythic feedback for it.. :)

also should of added give friars more artifact weapons, like malice staff or battler staff..

:m00:

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
scorge said:
soloing is a lot easier at RR5. besides that being ML8 for bodyguard, having a toa temp and artis at level 10 will allow you to have more fun soloing

How will having bodyguard make soloing more fun?

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Soloing on a Friar can be... frustrating at times, but it does not mean you don't stand a chance.

With the right spec I'm sure you'll be able to do just fine once you can RA dump ;p

Just learn to use your ML's and you can do very well as a matter of fact.

I wouldn't go 50 staff, my friar was that and it pretty much sucked ;p

Try something as 39s, 49e, 7r, 19 parry (or get 15rejuv).

But prepare to be shocked as friars in general ain't tough targets for some ;p

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
ok, cheers:)

but if i am going to solo/duo, wouldnt something like 50staff 38enh 7rej and rest parry do it? As a solo friar i wouldnt need alot of rej, and 50staff would be nice for alot of dmg.. As for the enh - i dont believe its worth going higher then 38 if your going to solo.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
mikke said:
ok, cheers:)

but if i am going to solo/duo, wouldnt something like 50staff 38enh 7rej and rest parry do it? As a solo friar i wouldnt need alot of rej, and 50staff would be nice for alot of dmg.. As for the enh - i dont believe its worth going higher then 38 if your going to solo.

if your duoing with another friar, its nice if one is high rejuve for the HOT etc

:m00:

Kinag

Part of the furniture
38 enhance does not give you the last abs buff, which is something I was missing on my friar.

You take 5% more damage, and although it might not sound as much, it's noticable.

Damage difference from 39 - 50 staff wasn't really noticable and you don't get the last end reduction buff, so you'll go ooe after 3 hits with your staff :p

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
Righto:)

does this sound like a good spec?

39 staff
44 enc
15 rej
25 parry

In my template i have +11 staff\parry, 101dex, 10meleespeed\dmg..

Misleath

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry if this is thread hijacking but...

I was thinking about making a trio which includes a friar. Like Sorceress (39 body/37 mind), body debuff caba and a bodyguard friar.

I haven't RvRed for a very long time and never tried this setup but it looks good on the paper atleast :p

Illudian

Fledgling Freddie
DavidH said:

Ha!

My friar is fine in the solo area thanks. I do very well against stealthers, despite the WS debuff. Even casters are doable. The only classes that give me trouble are shield users. My WS is just too crappy, although It seems a bit better now with dex4. Wardens are just overpowered, had a fight with one the other day, we ended up fighting for around 10 mins till fatload came online. Was funny though.

As for spec; mine is 39 staff, 50 enh, 16 parry, 8 rej.
Mind you, when going 50 staff, you'll mainly loose 5% abs buff but also the last heal procs and best resists :)

As for duo/trio; running with a BL melee heretic has been the best :) If we should add a third class I think minstrel .would be best bet. Also change 16 parry to more rejuv, spec heals rox.

If you have any questions, dont hesitate to talk in /gu ;)

Quikxo Roxx!
rr6 solo friar! (most of the time, there are too few BG friars atm..)

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
one of the reason im going 50 staff to is that im going to use sun staff, witch is energy, and level 50 staff style proc is energy dmg to, just a little boost to it.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
mikke said:
Righto:)

does this sound like a good spec?

39 staff
44 enc
15 rej
25 parry

In my template i have +11 staff\parry, 101dex, 10meleespeed\dmg..

Sound like a perfectly good staff, though if you're willing you can swap rej down to 7 and remove some parry to get 44 staff.. 8s side chain stun if you're a l33t strafer ;p

Loranthas

Fledgling Freddie
I was 50 staff for a while and there was an at least a 10% diference in damage. it was even more in reactinary styles for a weird reason. Now I think this is a noticable difference :] Add to the above a good template that has 10 melee/10 speed and as much style damage that you can get and your friar can hit like a truck.

Dont forget that extra WS is also very helpfull , and excomunicate is uber (when you land it ofc) because of the sweet DD that hits for extra 150 ish .

RA's are a factor too, purge 2 is a must, and ip 2 helps a lot. I wouldnt leave the keep with out purge2. RR5 is great too.

Still it will be a painfull choice, if you go 50 staff/42 end (best solo spec imho) you can use bb buffs to get a maxed dex/qui af and other goodies. And you will get a lot of qqing ing grps for the yellow ressist buffs. Still you might find that more satisfing than being an ressist bot with a bg that breaks after you spam a heal. Its a sad realization that the role of this hybrid class is run around and bg other members in grps and maybe spam a hot and a heal in relativelly safe situations.

my 2 cents ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom